LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-06, 05:28 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's really lame putting wanna-be racing (wider rim lip) rims on an SUV. Sigh.
Old 11-16-06, 09:24 PM
LuvLuxury
Driver

suhyuk1214---

Sorry for a late reply. I have 22" 301 Antera (Chrome) on my 2003 LX470. When it is detailed the vehicle looks amazing. However I must admit that my share of problems with handling, alignment, harsh ride, and vibration over 75 MPG really has be thinking about aftermarket rims.

I have taken the ride to the dealer about 5 seperate times to improve the driving but alas not much difference.

I bought my first LX in 2002 and now it resides with my father - That rides like a tank all day everyday....nothing can stop it! Smooth, Slow (lack of HP and TQ), but super reliable.

Hope this helped.

LL
Old 11-20-06, 07:18 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

I think its great your looking to change your wheel a little bit. The truck already gets crappy milage, so if you own one, chances are its not your number one concern, still - dont sweat others not interested in the same thing, its probably a good thing. I am sure you have checked Tire rack.... www.tirerack.com - just might consider putting in a toyota LC instead so the picture looks a little more like the newer LX because on the site the LX is old. And- this will let you see some wheels on the truck- good luck with it. (sorry if its old news, never know)
Old 11-26-06, 06:56 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

so what the size compatible is 22x9.5 and 5/150?
Old 11-26-06, 09:01 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be glad to help out with your request in finding new wheels. First off you just need to narrow your choices down to about three wheels, then we could go over fitment, finish, and pricing.

Visit the site, www.d2autosport.com and you can surf forever looking at all the styles and pics of the wheels on vehicles.

When you have an idea of what you want email me stefan@d2autosport.com
Old 11-27-06, 12:38 AM
playboi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by suhyuk1214
so what the size compatible is 22x9.5 and 5/150?
i think it's 305/40's
Old 11-27-06, 01:53 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Is there any bodykits available for the LXs and also Stephen, for ASANTI, which rims would fit my LX?
Old 11-29-06, 09:55 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

I have 22x9.5s on 40 series tires on my 2002. IMO, the ride with rims is better than most SUV's out there on stocks. It's still nice and smooth. I don't have any problems at all. Given, it was much softer with the stock 16's and the fat rubber that goes along with it. But, handling has increased dramatically, and I no longer get that body roll I used to on stocks. I drive pretty normal though. I go about 70 on the freeway, have been up to 80 and don't see any differences, other than sound. You'll find that many of the LX guys hate to see LX's with 20's+ (see aedgington's post). To avoid the hate, I don't frequent this board that much. So, PM me if you have any other questions. Good luck.

Last edited by Rexdr; 11-29-06 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-29-06, 04:26 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rexdr
You'll find that many of the LX guys hate to see LX's with 20's+ (see aedgington's post). To avoid the hate, I don't frequent this board that much. So, PM me if you have any other questions. Good luck.
If you read all the words in my post, you'll see my objection wasn't to the size, it was to the style.
Old 11-29-06, 04:32 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

no thats YOUR opinion though
Old 11-30-06, 07:49 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aedgington
If you read all the words in my post, you'll see my objection wasn't to the size, it was to the style.
That's cool. I thought it almost went hand in hand. Usually, the 20+ wheels are that style. But, to each his own. Actually, you're just expressing your opinion, which everyone is entitled to. I got much harsher responses in the past, which again, is why I don't frequent the LX board much. I responded to your PM regarding the spoiler.
Old 11-30-06, 01:53 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

That's cool. No, I'm actually in love w/ MoMo Vantages, I just can't justify the $$ when I still have a spoiler, HIDs, and LEDs on my "want" list
Old 12-07-06, 04:00 PM
EWOK363
Driver School Candidate

It all depends on the driver and the actual wheel you get. If the wheel and tire combination is the same size as your stock, you will not be losing any acceleration or braking distance! Although, it does depend on the tire itself to determine wether or not you will be losing ride quality. I have 24's (BOZE FORGED, ZE series Shifters) on my 03' LX (according to most everyones post on here, they apperently look funny on LX's and LC's!! But to each their own!) but the only difference i can feel from my own personal experience is you that you feel the bumps more, not alot more, but it is noticeable! As far as ride quality, it rides the same and due to the great suspension of the LX, IT STILL RIDES AND FEELS LIKE A LEXUS!! To me that is and i've been thru several different Lexus'. I havent had any problems with braking or anything and i havent had to change anything else other than the rims themselves (no new breaks or bigger rotors). It does handle alot better and when i am on the sport setting of the suspension, i can take corners better than any other SUV in its class! But I am on top of the line TOYO PROXIES (dont know if that makes a big difference). Anyway, here is a link to the "tire comparison chart" so you can type in your old tire size and the new one and it'll show you a visual of what the size differences are. These rims are 3 piece forged so they are quality and performance top of the line rims made to order! So that being the case, they are VERY light for what they are, i remember someone posting earlier that it would slow it down since it would be heavier but like i said from my experience, it didnt change anything but the bumps in the road. Good luck.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

PS. For those haters out there, this is just MY OPINION, and i am definitely not a certified lexus tech. so i cant say the same for everyone elses experience, this is just what i've found from my experience!

Old 12-08-06, 12:31 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

I think the only reason why they would look funny on a LX is because of the 6 spoke design. Personally i would go with a 5 or 7 spoke setup.

Doesnt look bad tho, pretty sweet. The brake rotors look funny...so damn small in comparison to the wheels.
Old 12-08-06, 10:50 AM
EWOK363
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
I think the only reason why they would look funny on a LX is because of the 6 spoke design. Personally i would go with a 5 or 7 spoke setup.

Doesnt look bad tho, pretty sweet. The brake rotors look funny...so damn small in comparison to the wheels.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, i was thinking about the 5 spoke but so many racers (around here that is) have that exact look and i didnt want anyone thinking i was trying to do the racer look on the LX! But yeah, the rotors are VERY small compared to the rims and thats the only reason i am going to change that, but as soon as they go out! Otherwise, suprisingly, the performance on the brakes are the same as stock? Go figure! I'll post up some better pics with better angles when i upload them. This picture just dosent do the rims justice because its just a flat picture without any angles so you really dont get to see the full potential of the rims (it has like a 4' deep lip that you can't really see in this picture).

Quick Reply: Rims