LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

running board courtesy light - changing

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 02:52 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Did all 2001 LXs have this feature? Nothing lights up on mine and I can't feel any puddle lamps under the running boards.
Old 01-16-12, 07:50 AM
Vanderhook
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is so easy even a caveman could do it. Read my other post first. The light module is located on top of the running board, but behind the body trim panel. One in front and one in rear. 2 screws hold the module to the running board. You open the module by turning the rear portion counter clockwise about 1/8 of an inch to release from main unit. You will see light bulb once you open. Buy the correct bulb or it will not fit the reflector inside the module. You will see once you remove the end cap. The lights are actually solid plastic tubes, which transmits the light thru. One end for the long strip at top of running board and one for that down light. You can loosen the screw on that down light so you can lift modular high enough to remove the end cap. Do yourself a favor and remove all the nuts holding the running board to the frame brackets. Then take off only the rear bracket and loosen the others, no need to remove. Make them loose enough to get the running board out enough to see the module at the end. Unscrew those hex screws on each side and lift module up. Undo end cap, turn left or counter clockwise and you will see bulb. Replace bulb and put end cap back on. It may be somewhat hard because there is a rubber o- ring to seal out the elements. Put a little Vaseline on it. Reverse the process and you are done. Saved yourself $500.

Help me replace my seat heater switch light bulb and we will call it even.
Old 01-16-12, 08:04 AM
Vanderhook
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kingrj
Does anyone know how to change a burned out running board courtesy light (rear-left)?
Sorry I just spent 30 minutes describing the process on the wrong page. It is easy. Search again for my post earlier or call me and I will guide you through the process. 813-949-3015 Doug. This can be done in less than I hour. Buy bulb first or you will be putting it back together twice. Let me know if this helped. It took me awhile to figure this out, but nobody should pay $500 to replace a $1.95 light bulb!
Old 01-28-12, 01:14 PM
noutlaw
Driver School Candidate

Default Not the right bulb

hello

i have a 2002 LX 470 - Ordered the http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/676...12V0902CL.html bulbs that was recommended in this post, however the bulbs are not the right size, too long and too wide to fit into the reflector... the base is correct.

just an fyi.
Old 01-30-12, 05:52 AM
Vanderhook
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by noutlaw
hello

i have a 2002 LX 470 - Ordered the http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/676...12V0902CL.html bulbs that was recommended in this post, however the bulbs are not the right size, too long and too wide to fit into the reflector... the base is correct.

just an fyi.
Put the reflector in then put the bulb over the reflector. Sorry, I should have said something about that but forgot to go back and talk about that. It works just fine.
Old 01-30-12, 05:54 AM
Vanderhook
Driver School Candidate

Sorry got side tracked with my O2 sensor issue and totalling forgot about posting that. Call me and I will tell you how easy this is to solve.