LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

CPO warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-06, 09:17 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Default CPO warranty question

The main problems with the LX are starters failing, manifolds cracking, Nav system failure and replacement and automatic leveling system problems. Other then these the LX is pretty much bullet proof. Now my question, does the 3 year 100K mile CPO warranty cover all these mentioned items?
Old 12-04-06, 11:27 AM
donaldm823
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus CPO Warranty

Originally Posted by Max707
The main problems with the LX are starters failing, manifolds cracking, Nav system failure and replacement and automatic leveling system problems. Other then these the LX is pretty much bullet proof. Now my question, does the 3 year 100K mile CPO warranty cover all these mentioned items?
Based on my read of my CPO warranty for my new bought 04 LX-the 3yr CPO warranty covers bumper to bumper-includes everything but the rubber, very similar to the original new car warranty
Old 12-04-06, 11:37 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I recently took my rig to the dealer to see if they could remedy a rattle/buzz sound coming from the center dash area everytime I hit an imperfection in the road (obviously some fastener is loose). The service manager at the dealer told me the CPO does NOT cover this, that it only covers breakage (something has to actually break, like if a bolt snap and causes the noise, it's covered, but if the nut falls off due to vibration, it's not). I'll have to call up the 800 lex number to clarify this. I was under the impression the CPO warranty covered just about everything. The sales manager specifically said the new car warranty (up to 50K mi) would have covered it, but the CPO doesn't.

I just called up the 800 lexus number and the they said they'd research it and call me in a couple of days, but the guy on the phone said the CPO warranty basically covers what the new car warranty does, so he was at a loss why my local dealer told me otherwise. Anyways, I was dissatisfied w/ my local dealer's service last time, so I plan to go to Scottsdale instead, which is also cheaper for normal service.

Last edited by V8_Fan; 12-04-06 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-04-06, 12:06 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Max707
Does the 3 year 100K mile CPO warranty cover all these mentioned items?
yes, it should
Old 12-04-06, 12:42 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Power steering wheel adjustment and mirrors seem to have their fair share of problems also.
Old 12-04-06, 03:42 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
I recently took my rig to the dealer to see if they could remedy a rattle/buzz sound coming from the center dash area everytime I hit an imperfection in the road (obviously some fastener is loose). The service manager at the dealer told me the CPO does NOT cover this, that it only covers breakage (something has to actually break, like if a bolt snap and causes the noise, it's covered, but if the nut falls off due to vibration, it's not). I'll have to call up the 800 lex number to clarify this. I was under the impression the CPO warranty covered just about everything. The sales manager specifically said the new car warranty (up to 50K mi) would have covered it, but the CPO doesn't.

I just called up the 800 lexus number and the they said they'd research it and call me in a couple of days, but the guy on the phone said the CPO warranty basically covers what the new car warranty does, so he was at a loss why my local dealer told me otherwise. Anyways, I was dissatisfied w/ my local dealer's service last time, so I plan to go to Scottsdale instead, which is also cheaper for normal service.
It is so disappointing to hear about this Jim.

Because Lexus is supposed to be one of those Ritz Carlton-esque companies when it comes to customer service, they should go above and beyond to take care of you and earn your repeated business. After all, we as owners are part of the "Lexus Family" that they value so much in their mission and vision statements. You would think that the service manager could just take care of you and then work out some arrangement with the warranty claim in-house.
Old 12-04-06, 03:48 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow

He is right it doesn't cover fixing rattles. If he wanted you business he could write it up as some other problem in the dash and then charge it to warranty service. Next time send in a good looking women in a low cut dress and it might get fixed
Old 12-04-06, 08:17 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayson
It is so disappointing to hear about this Jim.

Because Lexus is supposed to be one of those Ritz Carlton-esque companies when it comes to customer service, they should go above and beyond to take care of you and earn your repeated business. After all, we as owners are part of the "Lexus Family" that they value so much in their mission and vision statements. You would think that the service manager could just take care of you and then work out some arrangement with the warranty claim in-house.
Yep, my local dealer nickel-and-dime's me all the time, from week 1. When I bought the car in January, the PO only returned one master key and the valet key. Salesman tried to get in touch w/ him to no avail, but finally gave up. I had to foot the bill for a new master key ($200) plus have to programmed (0.5 hrs labor). This was the week after picking up the vehicle. The explanation I was given was that lexus is only required to provide 2 keys on CPO vehicles, and they both need not be master keys. Sheesh. You'd think that 2 master keys should be a requirement, and that the PO should be charged for not providing them!

And rattles in any lexus just isn't acceptable, especially in their flagship $70K SUV. My friend's '01 landcruiser doesn't even rattle, and it's 2 yrs older and has 25K more miles!