LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Installed spoiler, washed truck, set a load hight...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-07, 04:38 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed spoiler, washed truck, set a load hight...

I finally installed the spoiler. It was not too bad. I trip to Lowes this morning got the drill bit I needed. I was able to buy it already painted for $120 on ebay from a seller in California. Its not OEM, its a bit larger then I would like, but the wife likes it. Her car, so its good. If I could have found a freaking extension bar I would have taken the grill guard off... next weekend I guess. Plus, it was actually sunny for a bit today, I know its been cold so many places.
Attached Thumbnails Installed spoiler, washed truck, set a load hight...-wheels-lx-002.jpg  
Old 01-21-07, 04:42 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

Better pic of the rear. I did a quick wax but did not clean the wheels or the windows becuase of time/sun going down. The paint on the bottom is peeling a little bit in two places... hmm. Paint it black?
Attached Thumbnails Installed spoiler, washed truck, set a load hight...-wheels-lx-008.jpg  
Old 01-21-07, 04:43 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

When I got home I told my wife I was taking the extra badges off... she got all hurt about it. I was going to leave the center L. Does anyone know if there are any holes behind the LX470 or LEXUS parts?
Old 01-21-07, 05:28 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no holes on the LX470 & LEXUS.

Personally, I think you should keep the emblems on there, the liftgate looks very blank without them. Just take off the V8 first and see how that looks.

BTW Joe, are you in Texas or Colorado? Your location says TX but plates say CO...not that it honestly matteres.

Last edited by 1loudLX; 01-21-07 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-21-07, 06:09 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

Last month for CO plates, the TX ones will be on shortly. I may start there with just the V8. I need to get the grill guard off and the clear corners installed. I looked at the rear tails today, looks like I just need the MB bulbs that are grey unless they are illuminated.
Old 01-21-07, 06:23 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

for the signals? nope, there is an amber housing screwed into the main housing within the taillights. You need to bake the lights and peel them apart and unscrew it. If i can get a good set of procedures for the baking process, i will gladly be the guinea pig for us.
Old 01-21-07, 07:11 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyJoe
Better pic of the rear. I did a quick wax but did not clean the wheels or the windows becuase of time/sun going down. The paint on the bottom is peeling a little bit in two places... hmm. Paint it black?
That baby really looks PIMPED OUT, you must have a real understanding wife. Where are the fuzzy dice
Old 01-21-07, 07:38 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Hmmm, so you were the one that outbid me on that

Glad to see it installed, I bought a similar one that I was sitting on the fence with, and now that I see it installed I have made my decision.
Old 01-21-07, 07:39 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

"I DO" lol. I cant wait to get the grill guard off. I dont like the look of the 23s and the grill guard. I would like to see what it would look like on one with 18s, it looks good then. Just a few more toys and that will be it for this thing.

(PS, wife is reminding me that I called her from Iraq saying she had to drive to OK to pick it up and have it installed. So she is breaking my ***** as I type becuase I want to take the grill guard off, but she agrees!)
Old 01-21-07, 07:39 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ArmyJoe
Very nice rig Joe.

Hows the braking with the stock brakes/rotor?
Also how much did the acceleration decrease?

That spoiler is a very good deal man!
also Ebay the grille guard Joe

Hey adam show us the pics of your spoiler when it's installed!
You guys are just making me so jealous !!

Last edited by LXotic; 01-21-07 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-21-07, 08:53 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Looks Sweet!

I miss my nice black paint job!

Very clean LX!
Old 01-21-07, 09:01 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

DONT BAKE YOUR TAILLIGHTS....lets just say i ****ed them up beyond your comprehension. tailights were never meant to be put in an oven...
Old 01-21-07, 09:04 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
DONT BAKE YOUR TAILLIGHTS....lets just say i ****ed them up beyond your comprehension. tailights were never meant to be put in an oven...
Your a very interesting LX person
Old 01-21-07, 10:05 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

well i tried it...heres my result...

I guess if i had more patience and a bigger screw driver (no jokes please) It would have worked.

Thank god it was just a spare lense. The housing itself was actually broken, which is why i had a problem taking it off. If i ever get around to spending some $$ on LED turn signal bulbs ill definately try the mod for real, but for now ill keep it the way it is.
Attached Thumbnails Installed spoiler, washed truck, set a load hight...-bakedlxright.jpg  

Last edited by 1loudLX; 01-21-07 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-21-07, 10:06 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

one more...the cap taken out.
Attached Thumbnails Installed spoiler, washed truck, set a load hight...-img_1181.jpg  

Quick Reply: Installed spoiler, washed truck, set a load hight...