LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Removed the Grill guard, headed to a local meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 07:22 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed the Grill guard, headed to a local meet

Hello LX guys! I have been working to falcon much lately. I finally took the 30 seconds needed to remove the brush guard. Here is a pic or two - not the shot I was looking for but I have not taken any of this yet. The clear corners came TODAY - I wanted them installed BEFORE the meet.. but oh well. (They sent them a day late, and they were delivered a day late - I ordered on the 8th and they arrived today. Anywho- if you know someone looking for a grill guard - let me know!

Old 03-23-07, 11:21 AM
anthonycds
Driver School Candidate

sharp ride! your clear corners will give it a "cleaner" look. I also added stealth bulbs to do away with the amber bulbs. you may be interested in them too.
Old 03-23-07, 07:01 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by anthonycds
sharp ride! your clear corners will give it a "cleaner" look. I also added stealth bulbs to do away with the amber bulbs. you may be interested in them too.
Thanks! I was able to get a set of the "Silverstar" bulbs for it. I used to sell audi/vw parts and we used to get the mercedes bulbs, they are available for pretty well everything.

As for looking into your wheels, did you get in touch with D2? Also, check ebay, search terms "LX470 wheel, Toyota Lexus SUV Wheel, Land Cruise wheel" you know- may find a deal. Also.. www.tirerack.com is a place to see wheels on your truck, but I would say that if you look at the Toyota Land Cruiser, it will give you a better idea of what it will look like on your LX becuase if you choose LX as the model, it shows the older body style.

I am excited to get the clear corners installed. The only other major things to do would be to paint the bottoms and reinstall different glass to remove the OEM rear tint. Talking 4K-5K. I am kinda looking into the Toyota X runner, so the toys for the LX may get put on hold! (wife my veto that at any time lol).

Any ways, good luck with the mods. Clean is the goal for mine, and I am happy so far - also, the ride is fine. It really is - get a 40 series tire!
Old 03-23-07, 07:03 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not bad, still surprised u havent cought flack aedgington about the wheels. Like the look, but scrap that front plate!!!! Guy at the grapevine mills mall made me a sick airbrushed plate while i was there that said 1LOUDLX. didnt put it on though because ny requires a front plate.
Old 03-24-07, 05:48 PM
ArmyJoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
not bad, still surprised u havent cought flack aedgington about the wheels. Like the look, but scrap that front plate!!!! Guy at the grapevine mills mall made me a sick airbrushed plate while i was there that said 1LOUDLX. didnt put it on though because ny requires a front plate.

I hear you. I drive the GS, but the wife bought the LX when I was out of town... so its been on there. It was funny, only a few of the Lexus at the meet had them. lol.