LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

2007 Land Cruiser - Mistake????

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-07, 10:06 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind then, maybe in like 10 years once my tranny has wron out!!!
Old 05-04-07, 09:58 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wag100
Who in their right mind would put the DVD player in the lugage area. It's hard to get to and most likely will be covered up when you need it most (on a trip). I guess I've got to live with it for now. Is their any programing changes that can be made to play the rear DVD screen from the from (glovebox) player?
On a happier note the dealer also installed the Sirius radio module. It seems to working good.
what the dealer installed was not the factory installed dvd player. the factory installed unit is a 6 disc cd dvd changer made by pioneer that installs in the center console armrest and is direct input into the amp. the dealer installed unit is made by becker of gernany and is an fm modulated sound unit much infierior to the pioneer made direct into the ml amp system. so they are both toyota approved units but i call one factory installed and the other dealer or portside installed. the favtory system lists for over $5,000 and the dealer installed abouyt 2000.00 list.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Land Cruiser - Mistake????-200gs430-dvdf-changer-system..jpg  
Old 05-04-07, 10:09 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

He's talking about the optional "rear entertainment system," which is completely separate from the DVD in the dash on the LX. It's an independent DVD system w/ flip down screen from the ceiling. The DVD unit is located in the back side panel while the DVD for the front is located in the center console and is "standard" (or found on all USA LX's).
Old 05-04-07, 10:24 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

the factory installed dvd movie shown on the front nav screen and the dvd on the rear screen entertainment are both video outputs of the same armrest console 6 disc cd dvd player in the factory installed unit. they are not different systems but are one in the same res option. . . the rear entertainment system installed by the dealer only plays on the rear screen and is a becker made unit and is a single disc player installed in rear seat area not in the center console. the difference here is that the toyota or lexus dealer doesnt know how to install the factory unit in the armrest console only the essentially aftermarket unit mader by becker. once a land criuser leaves the factory in jaPAN wIthout the 6 disc DVD CD changer and rear entertainment screen the dealer does not know how to retrofit the original factory system. he only has instructions on how to install the becker made toyota parts depatment accerssory. so it is realy is only a toyota parts dept approved aftermarket unit made with instructions on how to install it in a land cruiser and is nothing to do with the oringinal factory installed unit which is integrated with the sound systm not fm modulated. and it plays on the front nav screen with the parking brake on. so this owner did not get a factory system only an aftermarket system that the toyota dealers parts dept sellsl. i have a brochure for his aftermarket system i picked up in the waiting room of the toyota dealer. it is not the facrory installed system . it is a dealer installed aftermarket system approved by toyota parts. but that does not make it the original factory installed system just because toyota parts approved it.

Last edited by lexusaudio; 05-04-07 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-18-07, 02:34 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

How things change, when I grew up I thought it was neat when we finally got a car where the back window rolled all the way down, versus only half way down. For entertainment during the ride we counted farm animals