LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Accessory shop or website?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-07, 04:28 PM
mcforman@b
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory shop or website?

Hey there -
I live in California (LA area) and was wondering if anyone knew any good 4X4 place(s) to trick out my 450? Specifically, I like the idea of a ladder in the back (to make getting on the roof easier) and attaching my spare on a swinging arm the way my old Jeep CJ7 was (gives more underbody clearance.) I'm happy for a website recommendation but would really appreciate a shop I could take it to to do the work.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Old 04-28-07, 09:24 PM
dougjohn
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcforman@b
Hey there -
I live in California (LA area) and was wondering if anyone knew any good 4X4 place(s) to trick out my 450? Specifically, I like the idea of a ladder in the back (to make getting on the roof easier) and attaching my spare on a swinging arm the way my old Jeep CJ7 was (gives more underbody clearance.) I'm happy for a website recommendation but would really appreciate a shop I could take it to to do the work.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

In L.A.?

Not many options. If you want to stay local, you might be able to find what you want at www.man-a-fre.com.

If it were mine, I'd take a trip to San Luis Obispo to Ken Hanna's shop. www.hannaquality.com

Ken does some fantastic work on fabricating stuff for our rigs. It's not inexpensive, but the quality is absolutely top knotch. He has a rear bumper that he sells that can have a tire swing and a ladder, one on each arm. Or you can substitute one of these options for a gas can carrier.

If you don't mind having stuff shipped, check out www.sleeoffroad.com.
Slee Offroad was one of the first shops to sell gear for our rigs. When I was shopping a few years ago, he was pretty much the option available. Thankfully they have excellent products and really know their stuff. They're based in Golden, CO, but can ship to you.

For more info, check the vendors at www.ih8mud.com.
I'm on that site (norcaldoug over there) too.

good luck!
Old 04-29-07, 04:22 PM
mcforman@b
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the great info. I will look into all options. Truly appreciate it

Michael
Old 04-30-07, 07:23 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mcforman@b
Hey there -

Thanks in advance.

Michael
I took my 1999 Lexus LX470 to Man-a-Fre, great job!!!l

Had my front ARB and Snorkel done there!!!
Old 05-01-07, 10:13 PM
mcforman@b
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the response!