LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Issues with leveling

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 01:50 PM
Onue103
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with leveling

Ok on Flat grounds the truck leans to the driver side evenly front to rear measurements from the p/s are 36 from the bottom of the wheel well to the ground which is what I believe it should be but the DR/s is down to 31 in the front and 32 in the rear my father owns a body shop truck is on a lift and all is hanging the same brought the truck to our local lexus dealer and they have no idea what is wrong REplacesed the rear springs with I believe the next stiffest spring going to order front springs but I dont think that will fix the problem Has anyone had this issue before and do u think replacing the springs and shocks will change the leveling issue

Next After a nice rainy day/night the truck has a Hard start Check engine light will go on and with a scanner hooked up it says it has a miss fire in cynd 3 and 5 all spark plugs were changed problem still happens should I go forth and change the dis cap

everyone has told me to just let it keep happening and what ever it is will break but still hasent
Old 08-17-07, 08:43 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to clublexus, just one question, where are the periods? Did your key break??

Enjoy ordering front springs, i hope you can find somewhere to put them. The 2UZ-FE motor does not use a distributor cap. It uses coil-packs on each sparkplug for each cylinder.

I would first start by doing a search on your suspension problem, as i seem to recall it being covered in a thread. If all else fails, hope for Jim Chow to write you an essay on each problem...jimmy, come on where are ya?
Old 08-19-07, 11:17 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

The leveling problem is more likely from the sensors (they corrode easily if you live where they salt roads). If you change to stiffer springs, the AHC might not drop to low. For the front, the springs are torsion bars rather than coils, so you only have to adjust the bar. First, you need to determine the AHC pressure at each shock. You only adjust the bars if the pressure is too high and out of the spec range. If the pressure is okay, you just adjust the AHC height sensor(s). For the rear, you can check the AHC pressure and see if it's in spec. If so, adjust the AHC sensors so it levels out.

For the cylinder misfire, the igniter(s) might be bad. The 2UZ uses an igniter (the thing that bolts to the block above the spark plug) rather than a conventional distributor. All the newer Toyota engines use these so you don't have to tune the engine up every 30K and change out the distributor cap & rotor. Iridium plugs should last 120K. Don't use any other brand than OEM. Some guy used Bosch plugs and the engine wouldn't run smoothly.
Old 08-30-07, 03:34 PM
Onue103
Driver School Candidate

Truck does not have air ride or Torsion bars but 1 of my stupid friends thought about when we had installed the new front springs a while ago was why the truck has 2 different prices for the front springs the rears are the same cost but the fronts are different seems that the springs in the front believe the right has longer travel so its a hair longer well ive reversed it right now seems to had brought the pass side down and the driver a little closer to right hight broke a shock bolt so bought new shocks in the front

so ive replaced front shocks moved the springs from 1 to the other
replaced rear shocks with next stiffest

Last edited by Onue103; 08-30-07 at 03:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add it
Old 08-30-07, 10:13 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Onue103
Truck does not have air ride or Torsion bars but 1 of my stupid friends thought about when we had installed the new front springs a while ago was why the truck has 2 different prices for the front springs the rears are the same cost but the fronts are different seems that the springs in the front believe the right has longer travel so its a hair longer well ive reversed it right now seems to had brought the pass side down and the driver a little closer to right hight broke a shock bolt so bought new shocks in the front

so ive replaced front shocks moved the springs from 1 to the other
replaced rear shocks with next stiffest
What vehicle are you talking about give us a year and type, like Landcruiser or LX
Old 08-30-07, 11:28 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

If you have front coil springs, you don't have a '98-07 LX. ALL UZJ100's (='98-'07 Landcruiser/Lexus LX470 V8's) sold in North America have front torsion bars. If you have front coils, you must have a LX450 or '97 or earlier Landcruiser, in which case they have neither igniter coils on each spark plug nor AHC. The only way to correct your lean is to (1) use a trim packer (spacer) to raise the low side or (2) get new springs. Unfortunately, just about all the aftermarket springs will lift the vehicle. OME used to make standard height, heavy springs, but they didn't sell and were discontinued.
Old 10-09-07, 03:21 PM
Onue103
Driver School Candidate

Sorry have been away for some time the truck is a 96 LX450 thinking of getting rid of thetruck and either getting a chevy silverodo 2500HD Turbo Diesel with some 6inch exhaust or a new tacoma/X-Runner

Haveing to many problems with the truck and id have to say its from the accident the prev owner had the leaning kinda got fixed when I swapped the front springs over but its still leaning..