LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

LCD Touch Screen HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-07 | 01:50 PM
NOMAD710
Driver School Candidate

Default LCD Touch Screen HELP!

Hello Everyone,
My wife has the 2002 LX 470 and tragedy has struck her happy SUV by the mischief of our 7 yr old twin boys. Knowing they are not allowed to play in the car they scrambled as fast as they could out of the front seat from playing 'Spaceship' when I came outside to get the rest of the groceries. In their haste, one of their sneakers landed in center of the navigation screen and broke it.

After calling Lexus, they said they only sell the '01-'02 navigation module as a whole and not the screen itself. (It seems to be operating with a black screen at the moment). Brand new is $7000, an exchange program without damage is $3500 which ours is not eligible for. I've called a number of places that get random parts, one said they sometime get one and sell it for $1500. Perfect, but none in stock.

My question is: Is it possible to replace just the screen and where could I go or purchase one? Or, does anyone know where I can get another Navigation module for and '01 or '02 LX 470 (new or used) aside from Lexus?

Any help would be great, and thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-07 | 08:00 PM
side
Driver School Candidate

you can try http://www.car-part.com/ it's a national used car parts locating site it's worth a shot.
Old 10-02-07 | 09:17 PM
kingomar
Rookie

ive seen some on ebay. check there.
Old 10-03-07 | 12:42 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

if nothing works out, change the stock Navi to a aftermarket system
Old 10-04-07 | 09:51 PM
llcc1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NOMAD710
Hello Everyone,
My wife has the 2002 LX 470 and tragedy has struck her happy SUV by the mischief of our 7 yr old twin boys. Knowing they are not allowed to play in the car they scrambled as fast as they could out of the front seat from playing 'Spaceship' when I came outside to get the rest of the groceries. In their haste, one of their sneakers landed in center of the navigation screen and broke it.

After calling Lexus, they said they only sell the '01-'02 navigation module as a whole and not the screen itself. (It seems to be operating with a black screen at the moment). Brand new is $7000, an exchange program without damage is $3500 which ours is not eligible for. I've called a number of places that get random parts, one said they sometime get one and sell it for $1500. Perfect, but none in stock.

My question is: Is it possible to replace just the screen and where could I go or purchase one? Or, does anyone know where I can get another Navigation module for and '01 or '02 LX 470 (new or used) aside from Lexus?

Any help would be great, and thanks in advance.
I feel like a broken record these last few days with my posts so sorry for that but I would shoot this guy an e-mail: egusman@woh.rr.com. His name is Gus Mancy and he's out of Springfield, OH. He seems to have a small business dealing only with Lexus/Toyota OEM electronics. He really helped me out on my levinson radio button. Just for kicks, when I spoke to him, I asked how much a new nav screen (or rather a used one) and I believe his price was round $600-$700 so long as he has one in stock. It's worth sending him an e-mail. I know that if I have future issues with my stereo, he's the first person I'm going to.

I ended up going to all of the stereo shops in town with no luck. Of course the dealer was a resource but at a steep cost. I ended up finding him after I posted a request on automotix.com (I think this is similar to the car-parts.com site someone else referred you to earlier).

And no, I get no kickbacks from this guy.

Good luck and sorry to hear of your misfortune. I've got some little ones and I just can't wait until they do something similar. . . .