LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Whats it worth ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 03:48 PM
petepuma
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth ?

Im thinking of selling my 99 and heres the question.I have a full coverage bumper to bumper ,unlimited year, 100k mile warranty. You cant get this warranty any longer ,but it is bonded and insured and they spent 6k on my truck already in last 2 years.Ive seen some bills they paid and almost hit the floor,but they paid em without any b/s. The truck is in excellent condition ,70k miles, in dash ,double din dvd player,proffesional fiberglassed faceplate , rear view camera ,almost everything suspension wise is new and lexus serviced its entire life. So how much is it worth to have a 99 with 30k miles of worry free ownership? I bought this warranty when lexus pulled the "i cant give you a lexus bumper to bumper warranty " when i went to pick the truck up, so its not a lexus warranty but my lawyer said its even better with alot less ways out for them and written in plain english . Now i dont own the warranty directly,its attatched to the trucks vin and stays with it till it hits 100k regardless of who owns it .The warranty gives rental $, hotel $ , reschedules flights for ya and more, its just about the best warranty you can imagine .Never thought i would sell it and im still not sure i am, but its just sitting there and i dont drive it much anymore so ,Whats it worth?
Attached Thumbnails Whats it worth ?-dsc00943.jpg  

Last edited by petepuma; 01-04-08 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-06-08, 10:39 AM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say not much more than any other '99 LX with your similar mileage and condition. If you're not convinced you want to sell it, I would keep it and enjoy the 30k warranty coverage, then trade it in or sell it after the warranty expires (or perhaps within 5-10k miles of the warranty expiring). If you need the driveway space or garage spot, why not just throw it on your local Craigslist listing. If anyone bites great, if not, you've lost nothing.

This is one of those vehicles where you are going to have to find someone looking for all the bells and whistles that you have added to it and wants the warranty and is willing to pay a premium over other similar vehicles.

BTW, your LX looks fantastic!
Old 01-08-08, 04:00 PM
petepuma
Driver School Candidate

I think it adds a few grand to the price. Actually i feel the warranty makes it night and day better than any other 99 by far .Ive seen the bills and they look more like zip codes than recipts.Who can say they have a bumper to bumper for a 99 lexus up to 100k without any time restrictions? Am i the only one who needed all new bags and sensors for the suspension ? how about the 900 starter ? Who else gets a brand new loaner rx350 when they have a 99 truck fixed without paying anything? ever. I wouldve never bought this truck without the warranty and cant imagine how anyone does.Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Old 01-09-08, 06:45 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

My opinion is that you're awfully proud of your warranty.

Why would anyone pay "a few grand" more for your truck than paying "a few grand" more for a truck that's newer (and probably has navigation)?

Your truck is worth what you can get someone to pay for it.