LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

height control in lower led and "off" flickering

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-09, 07:18 AM
samudra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default height control in lower led and "off" flickering

I bought a lexus LX 470.
I have 6 children and they don't fit in my Range Rover. My Defender (98) I sold, because I was tired of the car, I want my car to be in perfect condition and with the defender I just had had it. Furthermore it is a very uncomfortable car. The RR (99) is oke, I will keep. The Lexus is on trial, as to say, I run it, go to my house in the bush (300 km), impossible to get there without a double and have it to bring my kids to school. I am preparing the car for a trip to the south of Chile and luckily I came across a few problems to solve beforehand.

I went through the forum (not too far back, I would end up reading about a new lexus 2001 and never find the same problem as I have now).
I came across a few interesing things though, like rust on the inside of the upper back door/hood and this height control thing I have.

About the hood I red a few ironic answers, like go to Arizona. I am sure it is a deficit of lexus, because there must be some filtration through the door.
I have it checked by one of my people (Kali) specialized in (dis)arming trucks and reshaping them to see what caused the rust, which is extremely serious, Now I am afraid I will close the door too hard and the whole lock falls out, totally rotten away.

About the height control, I found a new (to me) guy, who said this morning, yes I will fix it tomorrow, although nothing more showed up in his scanner than 1 item and no explaination. I am not sure if it showed tis problem after the high pressure hosing or before, it might be of influence. I am quite sure it is a sensor. He (J-C Carvallo) is confident that he will fix it. It doesn't work at all, pressing up, the middle led starts blinking and all goes back to lower led on and "off" blinking. No changes in height are seen and the back of the car is normal, the front is down and bumpy. I placed it back at home because running it might ruin the pump J-C said. That's what I did.

Then I have these running boards with only one led working, this afternoon I will have the other tree fixed by my electricien. If you like I can write about what to do to fix them, I think it is more then just cleaning the plastic tube underneath to have light shine on the ground, well the same light comes out through the plastic light bars above the running boards.

Then I cannot listen to the music system, because the left door speaker is making a cracking noise. I will have Kali unveil the door to get the speaker, then my wife (she ran around with a speaker from the RR) will bring it to one of her guys to have some loose part fixed or replaced. All is a hassle but all can be done during the time between the different plays.

I also noticed that the outside temperature does not show. Well I have no idea what to do, but J-C with the scanner can tell me about it maybe.

Last edited by samudra; 04-24-09 at 07:00 AM. Reason: more time now
Old 04-29-09, 06:39 AM
samudra
Driver School Candidate

Default front of car down and bumpy

Could be fixed in an afternoon, J-C struggled with a Prado 07 like a week to fix a similar problem. My car is "new" underneath, which made it most probably a similar problem. On connecting the scanner, he checked his manually written down settings from his notebook with the readout on his scanner and resetted a few. This fixed it. To me it would be interesting to know what caused the problem, most likely during cleaning the car, some water??, they use high pressure hosing under bonnet, underneath, etc. Is that possible?
The LX 470 is with Kali now, my other guy, David (electricien), I will call him, couldn't fix the runningboard lights. He send me to Kali (bodyworker), to have the runningboards removed, to fix the lights, is that prudent???
He will uncover the door as well, to take out the speaker, the biggest, lowest, because it vibrates. We will then see what to do with it. Than it goes to J-C again to see what we can do about the outside temperature, that doesn't show in the display.
Anybody has a comment please, why am I writing this down.
1loudLX, I know you are reading this, tell me, why no answer?, help me out here will you, I am just a user with no tecnical knowledge at all.

Originally Posted by samudra
I bought a lexus LX 470.
I have 6 children and they don't fit in my Range Rover. My Defender (98) I sold, because I was tired of the car, I want my car to be in perfect condition and with the defender I just had had it. Furthermore it is a very uncomfortable car. The RR (99) is oke, I will keep. The Lexus is on trial, as to say, I run it, go to my house in the bush (300 km), impossible to get there without a double and have it to bring my kids to school. I am preparing the car for a trip to the south of Chile and luckily I came across a few problems to solve beforehand.

I went through the forum (not too far back, I would end up reading about a new lexus 2001 and never find the same problem as I have now).
I came across a few interesing things though, like rust on the inside of the upper back door/hood and this height control thing I have.

About the hood I red a few ironic answers, like go to Arizona. I am sure it is a deficit of lexus, because there must be some filtration through the door.
I have it checked by one of my people (Kali) specialized in (dis)arming trucks and reshaping them to see what caused the rust, which is extremely serious, Now I am afraid I will close the door too hard and the whole lock falls out, totally rotten away.

About the height control, I found a new (to me) guy, who said this morning, yes I will fix it tomorrow, although nothing more showed up in his scanner than 1 item and no explaination. I am not sure if it showed tis problem after the high pressure hosing or before, it might be of influence. I am quite sure it is a sensor. He (J-C Carvallo) is confident that he will fix it. It doesn't work at all, pressing up, the middle led starts blinking and all goes back to lower led on and "off" blinking. No changes in height are seen and the back of the car is normal, the front is down and bumpy. I placed it back at home because running it might ruin the pump J-C said. That's what I did.

Then I have these running boards with only one led working, this afternoon I will have the other tree fixed by my electricien. If you like I can write about what to do to fix them, I think it is more then just cleaning the plastic tube underneath to have light shine on the ground, well the same light comes out through the plastic light bars above the running boards.

Then I cannot listen to the music system, because the left door speaker is making a cracking noise. I will have Kali unveil the door to get the speaker, then my wife (she ran around with a speaker from the RR) will bring it to one of her guys to have some loose part fixed or replaced. All is a hassle but all can be done during the time between the different plays.

I also noticed that the outside temperature does not show. Well I have no idea what to do, but J-C with the scanner can tell me about it maybe.
Old 06-08-09, 12:59 PM
joe422
Driver School Candidate

Did you get the AHC fixed yet? I had the same problem... but this happend to me after swapping out the AHC actuator spheres and oem shocks. The fluid in the reservoir would not move, the height stayed low, and the hiehgt indicator light would always end up at low w/ the 'off' light blinking.

Easy fix. I ordered a AHC pump sub-assmebly from the dealer, and the 2 O-rings that go on it. I also got a new seal for the AHC motos side. It was an easy swap.. about 30 minutes. After that and 2 cans of AHC for bleed and flush, my suspension is finally normal and like new!~

I was able to get the pump, Orings, motor seal, and 2 cans of AHC fluid for less than $330 w/ tax.

Good luck!~
Old 06-12-09, 02:07 PM
samudra
Driver School Candidate

Thanks joe422 for your reply and info on what you did.
I had mine fixed without looking underneath. It was a sole scanner fix. He charged me 150 dollars for changing settings on the scanner. He had a prado 07 in with this problem and it took him a week to figure out, before mine.
I don't know what caused the problem, so still worried a bit, rgds robbé