LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Hood mirror, rear power mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-02, 03:33 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hood mirror, rear power mirror

Hey guys,

I happened to be in Japan last week, and was surprised to see all the neat toys these guys have. Yeah, I knew they have all of these, but still... amazing. And they have these things available as either standard, or optional equipment for their TLCs, including Cygnus.

What I like the most is four things that I'd love to get for my LX:
- hood mirror -- you actually can see obstacles in front and on the far side of the vehicle when you park/go off-road;
- rear power mirror integrated into rear spoiler. Nice - it retracts, and allows you to see what's going on when you backup, or go through obstacles;
- ski/snoboard rack aerodinamically integrated into the roof-rack. It's so nice -- the vehicle looks nice, clean lines and the rack is angled for better Cx.
- Cool-box - instead of the armrest and the box underneath it they have a fridge for drinks etc. Very handy. I do not know - may be its available somewhere in the warmer states? Not in Canada unfortunately, but I would love to get it.

So if anybody has any information on where these things can be bought in North America I would really apriciate it.

Thanks!
Alex