LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

New Owner, some questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-10, 08:46 AM
CCIE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner, some questions

First off, great forum!

I recently purchased an 06 LX 470, love the SUV. I have some questions that I cannot seem to find the answer for. If these have been previously discussed I apologize, i could not find via search.

1) There is a button inside my passenger side glove compartment labeled 'MAIN' & '2ND' and has a tire inflation icon. What does this button do?

2) I do not have a DVD remote for the RSES, that may be my confusion on this next question. I cannot seem to get the two screens (RSES & NAV) to play together. I have a 6 disc DVD changer in the center console and a single DVD player in the back of the truck. I figured if I put a DVD in the rear play, put the truck in (P) & applied the parking break it would work? Do I need the remote and use the center console DVD?

3) I also do not have the wireless headphones that come with the RSES. I see lots of 'Wireless Lexus headphones' on Ebay, some even appear to be the original LEXUS brand. Is it worth getting a pair of these or should I use something like my Bose QC2's? The wireless part seems nice, not sure on the quality/etc.

4) I have been able to find 3rd party replacement remotes for the RSES. Any confirmation that these work and recommendations on a particular one? Or is it worth it to pony up for the original via Lexus?

Thanks fot your help...
Old 01-06-10, 05:29 AM
CCIE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My questions did not create much traction; not sure if what I am asking is not pertinent or little interest. After doing some more research and speaking with my lexus dealer I have a few answers to my own questions. In case anyone had the same questions I did, here is what I know:

1) The button in the glove box is to switch the tire pressure monitor system (TMPS) between two sets of tires. If you plan on taking the LX off road and you have dedicated tires you can set the pressure for MAIN vs 2nd.

2) Still do not have all the info. I bought a remote on ebay, it did not work with the LX (factory system), the dealer is ordering me on for $63. Based upon pictures of the remote they ordered vs the remote I see others using, I am not convinced I can watch a single DVD on two screens. Waiting for the remote to prove. I can't believe they would put in a $2500 rear DVD package that cannot be played through the ML system (without FM modulation). Any thoughts on this?

3) Replacement headphones are $116 each from the dealer. He confirmed that the headphones being sold on ebay for ~$35 will NOT work, apparently different IR. Since my kids are too young for headphones, waiting on option for this.

4) Read #2