LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

A few problems with my 2000 lx470.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-10, 11:33 PM
baghloli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few problems with my 2000 lx470.

I recently bought lx 470 year 2000 with a little over 70k miles ( and it is my first lexus). The vehicle runs good but it has a few issues which I wish to address. I looked for the resolution by google searching but there wasnt much to offer to aid me in this direction.
The things which I need to fix are
1) The lumber support on driver seat is non functional. How can I check if this is a problem within the machinery in the seat or just some wiring problem. Is there any fuse for it, The rest of the seat functions are fine

2) The moon roof tilt is not working. Just like the lumber support the button does nothing. The roof slides fine.

3)I got my CD stuck in the CD changer, it is Nakamachi. Is there any easier way to remove it. I am thinking of adding an mp3 player but I dont want to replace the Nakamachi. I'll prefer to use it radio. It looks better on the dash. Is it possible to have both and what is the best position to fit the mp3 player.

4) The driver side lock is semi functional. Sometimes it opens with the key unlock button and sometimes it is not. I do hear the click sound from this door when I press the lock/unlock button. How do I get it right?

Many thanks
A
Old 10-21-10, 10:00 AM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3) - I would think that the easiest way is to take off the cosmetical console frame (very easy, just gently pull it), then remove the unit itself. Also very easy to do. Open it up, remove the CD. At least this is what I did with the Lexus Premium unit (Fujitsu) on my 98. Took 15 minutes, including putting everything back.
Old 11-11-10, 10:28 PM
baghloli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you remove the console frame. I think you had the same model as I have. I tries to remove the panel but I set a small crack on it. I dont know if it can come out without causing a damage.
Did you have 6 cd changer in your vehicle/
Old 11-12-10, 02:37 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had that the in-dash "Lexus Premium" 6-disk CD changer. Sorry, I can't really replicate removal of the panel now since I don't have the vehicle anymore. But my memory is that it was a simple matter of carefully pulling the whole frame... it simply snaps in place without any screws. Had to do it a few times trying to fix this changer, without any difficulties that I remember. Just be careful, if you cracked something you might be pulling a wrong part. Sorry can't offer much more help than this....