LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Who is using iPhone and LX's Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-11, 08:28 AM
LXBriGuy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Who is using iPhone and LX's Bluetooth?

Any other iphone, or cell phone users, have any glitches with the bluetooth system or figured out how to fix?

1) If I dial a phone number from my iPhone and place a call, then i will never hear the other phone ringing over the LX's speaker system. The only thing i hear is when the person on the other line picks up and begins talking.

2) If i use the LX's interface to dial and place the call, then i will hear the other phone ringing. HOWEVER, before i hear the ringing, a loud and annoying tone comes over the LX's speakers, the tone lasts for a few seconds, then i hear the other phone ringing. If i go to make a 2nd call, the tone doesn't sound. I only hear it when i make the first call after having started the truck.

Any insight, thoughts or fixes?

Brian
Old 07-10-11, 07:33 AM
TXANM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same issues with my iPhone interface. The issue with the dialing from the phone is there is an initial delay so you don't hear the person say hello. I think this is just the Bluetooth being recognized initially vs telling the car you are using it. I don't see a fix here unfortunately.
Old 07-11-11, 08:26 AM
LXBriGuy
Driver

What is curious to me, is that there is one business phone number that i call regularly. When i dial it from my iPhone, it is the ONLY phone number that i hear the ringing through the LX Bluetooth. Every other number is silent until the person picks up. I wonder what is unique about this one phone number and why it successfully works?
Old 08-01-11, 09:51 PM
gerga1234
Driver School Candidate

Default same issue

my LX does this as well. the dealership said it's because it LX doesn't have the up-to-date technology and there isn't a "fix" for it, unfortunately.
Old 09-19-11, 11:56 AM
flyfishing
Driver School Candidate

Default iphone

We use the iPhone and have the same issue. There is a delay when dialing from your phone. When I am able to dial from the screen I hear the phone ringing most of the time, but can't see the numbers in memory for some reason. I am a new owner and have not figured it all out yet.

One major issue I have is when you hang up, sometimes the front left speakers don't come back on, or the whole system will not go back to radio. Usually this happens if the other party hangs up first. Very irritating, so I may just use my ear piece.
Old 11-17-11, 08:52 AM
dvlogic
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2004 LX470 and every time I end a call with bluetooth handsfree, the audio system stays muted. The only way I have found to turn the audio back on is to turn the vehicle off and back on. Does anyone else have this issue? I've only used the system with an iPhone 4 & 4S so I don't know if it is related to incompatibility between bluetooth stacks or ???
Old 11-18-11, 11:31 AM
GrantR
Driver School Candidate

Smile iPhone bluetooth issues LX -470

The reason you are experiencing the problems with the iPhone and Bluetooth is that the generation of Bluetooth technology in the iPhone is not perfectly comparable (more advanced) with the generation of Bluetooth technology in the Lx-470. It is also the case in the GS-430 I own as well. When dialing a number from the vehicle you will experience a buzzing sound the first time and then subsequent calls you will not, this will happen each time you start the vehicle. It does this because it,s finding a closest signal match on the first dial but resets when you turn the vehicle off..

These problems should not occurr in the later Lexus models with the newer generation of bluetooth btechnology.
Old 11-21-11, 08:03 AM
LXBriGuy
Driver

Yes, Grant,you are correct, the problems don't occur in the newer vehicles. Having a 2007, i was hoping that someone out there was able to find a fix or an upgrade.