LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

DId somebody install an aftermarket navigation into the LX

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-02, 08:20 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DId somebody install an aftermarket navigation into the LX

Guys,

did somebody did this? I have one of those pre-navigation era LX'es (98) and I'm wondering if there is anything on the market available to replace the radio/CDplayer with a navigation system. I'm curious to know if somebody did this and liked the results, what system(s) are out there that are worthy, fit the LX well etc etc.

Thank you for the info in advance.

Regards,
Alex
Old 12-21-02, 08:55 PM
mdt525
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 99 LX470 and I removed the stock Harmon K and installed a Kenwood system. I have the Kenwood indash dvd/cd player tuner. 10 disc changer, monitors in 2 headrests, kenwood dvd based navigation system with the touch screen controls, surround sound processor and center channel speaker and amp. The only thing that I would like to have now is a different sub. I have a higher powered amp going to the stock sub and it leaves something to be desired.

MT
Old 12-21-02, 11:28 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

What's the model? How do you like the Navigation part of it? Does it have a good map? Topology? Secondary roads, any off-road info?

If you don't mind me askin - how much did it cost you, both the system and the installation?

Thank you,
Alex
Old 12-22-02, 07:37 PM
mdt525
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the system a whole lot. I still need a subwoofer and a good place to hide it. The navigation is the kna-dv2100, the head unit is the kvt-910dvd, the surround sound processor is the kds-p901, and the center channel speaker and amp is the ksc900-ctr. I also have 2 5.6 inch audiovox monitors in the driver and passenger seat head rest, a 4 channel amp and a 2 bridgeable 2 channel amp. If you buy the items brand new in the store and you have them installed you would probably spend between $8-9,000 including instalation. I pieced my system together over a couple of months using the Internet and I spent around $6,000.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 12-22-02, 07:58 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Default Thanks MDT

I also wonder what does it take to retrofit once of the Toyota/Lexus Navigations to my truck. Anybody thought about this?

Alex