LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-18, 07:14 AM
Mjuta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 lx 470

Brief intro. I’m mjuta and I owned a 1998 LX 470. Pearl white and kind of pearl white interior.
Old 09-18-18, 11:26 AM
Kizmax
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi from Ireland

Hi guys I’m running a 50 th anniversary model 4.2 diesel which is almost identical to your lx470 gasolinemodel
mine is champagne in color with beige leather interior.
i absolutely love it even though I have always been a landrover man , the comfort ,the power etc, etc
now I would like to find some fender flares and a rear spoiler to enhance it a bit more
if anyone can help me locate theses bits in the USA or anywhere I would greatly appreciate it
incidentally the flares I’m hoping to find are not the big off-road ones but a more subtle type
they might even have been an option
looking forward to joining in on the ste
thanks in advance

Last edited by Kizmax; 09-18-18 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-27-18, 05:19 PM
dirtydaff
Driver School Candidate

Default New LX 470 owner

Hi! I recently purchased a 2004 LX470, and am thrilled! It's fully loaded, gray/gray, leather, nav/Mark Levinson, etc. I've done a little offroading in other cars, but I'd like to start overlanding, so I'm happy to have found this forum.

Here's my first question....I'd like to get new rims and tires for the winter...I live in the mountains (lots of snow) and wondering what some of my best options are? Even thinking just plain steel rims??
Thanks in advance for any and all advice (ANY and ALL advice is welcome
Old 09-28-18, 07:38 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydaff
Here's my first question....I'd like to get new rims and tires for the winter...I live in the mountains (lots of snow) and wondering what some of my best options are? Even thinking just plain steel rims??
Thanks in advance for any and all advice (ANY and ALL advice is welcome
I like "just plain steel rims" since I'm not washing the truck once or twice a week in the winter...

It's not too difficult to find "take-off" wheels...I called the local Lexis/Toyota dealer and found a set of zero-mileage Tundra steel wheels...$100 for all 4 with lug nuts and hub caps. Added a set of Blizzaks and no issues after 2 winters. I've not found a better winter tire. Be aware that lug nuts for steelies are very different than those for aluminum wheels, as are the torque specs.

hth
The following users liked this post:
dirtydaff (09-30-18)
Old 10-02-18, 08:44 AM
ExtremeLC
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Snow tires/wheels for LX470

[QUOTE]Here's my first question....I'd like to get new rims and tires for the winter...I live in the mountains (lots of snow) and wondering what some of my best options are? Even thinking just plain steel rims??
Thanks in advance for any and all advice (ANY and ALL advice is welcome /QUOTE]

You could run the 16" Landcruiser 100 aluminum rims also , gives you flexibility for other tire types as well as not worrying about them in the snow.

I keep an extra set of those here with Yokohama Geolanders on them.

Also, Goodyear Duratrac tires do well in snow.

Last edited by ExtremeLC; 10-02-18 at 09:02 AM. Reason: added in original quote
Old 10-02-18, 08:55 AM
ExtremeLC
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb Fender flares for Lexus LX470

[QUOTE=Kizmax;10310105]
Hi guys I’m running a 50 th anniversary model 4.2 diesel which is almost identical to your lx470 gasolinemodel
mine is champagne in color with beige leather interior.
i absolutely love it even though I have always been a landrover man , the comfort ,the power etc, etc
now I would like to find some fender flares and a rear spoiler to enhance it a bit more
if anyone can help me locate theses bits in the USA or anywhere I would greatly appreciate it
incidentally the flares I’m hoping to find are not the big off-road ones but a more subtle type
they might even have been an option
looking forward to joining in on the ste
thanks in advance

[/QUOTE

These JDM (Japanese manufactured) fender flares that are made specifically for the LX470 are posted on the Extreme Landcuiser website:

Extreme Landcruiser Elford 30mm flares for Lexus LX470

Extreme Landcruiser Elford 60mm flares for LX470

Last edited by ExtremeLC; 10-02-18 at 08:59 AM. Reason: pics
Old 10-16-18, 04:53 AM
BeEvil
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New to me 2006 LX470

Hello. I just purchased a 2006 LX470 with 167K miles or 270K km’s. It’s in pretty good shape. See photos.

I already own a 2003 GX470. My wife liked it so much she wanted one too. I found a nice LX and she was smitten. Looking forward to participating in this forum and learning as I go.

06 LX470

06 LX470

06 LX470

Last edited by BeEvil; 12-04-18 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Trying to add photos
Old 10-20-18, 11:12 AM
CloudCity
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New member Portland, OR here

Hi all, I picked up my 2004 LX 470 at the end of June and have been posting over at MUD but just joined here. My rig is Blue Vapor Metallic over Grey interior and has all options except for night vision. I've done quite a bit of work and have a "build thread" over at MUD but am not posting that link here yet because I'm not sure if cross-forum posting is encouraged or not.
I have 249,000 on her and that's only 2,000 miles I've put on since I got her.

The Pig-Rig, 2004 LX 470
Old 10-20-18, 12:21 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by CloudCity
Hi all, I picked up my 2004 LX 470 at the end of June and have been posting over at MUD but just joined here. My rig is Blue Vapor Metallic over Grey interior and has all options except for night vision. I've done quite a bit of work and have a "build thread" over at MUD but am not posting that link here yet because I'm not sure if cross-forum posting is encouraged or not.
I've never been hassled about linking to mud, the Lexus owner's page to get service history via the VIN, or anything else. Main point is to help others, no matter which forum they're on.
Old 12-03-18, 12:22 PM
ncmtns
Driver School Candidate

Just recently purchased a 1 owner 2004 LX470 with 243,000 miles on it. This will be my 3rd 100 Series but 1st Lexus (had a 99 and 07 LC as well currently own a 2017 LC) so had no issues buying with this many miles. Was actually looking for a older used 4Runner when I came across this one. PO had ALL service records (guy was an accountant so kept everything). Southern car with no rust. I did have to do some work, valve cover gaskets needed to be replaced and power steering high pressure hose needed to be replaced as well. Also the AHC doesn't work but knew that going in. PO changed over to LC suspension.

Keeping it stock for now as it will eventually be my daughters car.

Old 12-09-18, 11:42 AM
jimted9619
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your LX, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. Year and package
3. Color or the exterior and interior
2. Navigation or no navigation / Mark Levinson
4. Option Packages or options

and other details such as pictures you might have of your LX or tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
Hi guys. I am jimted9619, I live on Long Island NY. Last week I purchased my dream car. A 2004 dark green sc430 with 37k miles. The car has ecru interior with light wood. The car is flawless except for my airbag light just came on this morning. The car has ML audio. There are no enhancements or modifications just a super well kept car. I traded in an obsidian 2007 Lexus GS450H with 87k miles; a really great car. I also have a red 2007 Chrysler Crossfire retractable soft top convertible with 42k miles 6 speed manual transmission which will be going up for sale in the spring or sooner. I also ride a beautiful 1998 Honda Valkyrie with all its 6 cylinders I do hope I am posting this in the right place.
Old 12-10-18, 04:15 PM
Strrrive
Driver School Candidate

My dad passed me down his 2000 LX470
No Navigation
Black Exterior
Gray Interior
No sure of what options.
She has 247K and still runs like a champ.
She is developing some issues and the body needs some TLC.
I am planning to restore her and I am hoping to get some insight.
Old 12-20-18, 04:10 AM
Petof
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,

I'm leaving in France. I just bought my hybrid which is a RX 450 H Pack President first delivery in december 2009 but which is 2010 model. 239000 Km on the clock but in a very good shape. I never drove such a luxury and comfortable car before. My wife was so keen of my crazy purchase until I took her for a first short trip. Regarding the milage and the age of the car I will surely need advices from you guys !

Pierre

Front

Rear

Front interior

Rear interior
Old 02-26-19, 07:44 AM
VinnyV
Driver School Candidate

Default Just Got My First LX

Hello everyone. I feel like I'm late to the party. I've had a 2001 Sequoia for the last 7 years and it has been great. But now I have a 2007 LX 470 LIMITED EDITION !
This thing is so awesome. What a beautiful interior and the ride is amazing. I love this LX and look forward to many adventures in it. It has new Michelin's on it, Navigation,
Mark Levinson sound, 131,000 miles, awesome Limited Edition Black Floor Mats. This has the Black Onyx wood grain interior. Love it !

Old 02-26-19, 02:20 PM
rhob88
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a 1999 lx 470 with 180k , going through the vehicle now , cleaning , removing items , and learning about this model , coming from a 1996 Landcruiser . Located in Memphis area .

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE