LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

No power to radio ('02 ML w/nav)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-20, 04:49 PM
Leckii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to radio ('02 ML w/nav)

Hello All, I have researched thread after thread about radios loosing power due to fuses, amps, etc. I haven't read anything about how my radio is acting.

So as to the history......2002 LX ML/with navigation. I recently bought this LX (have three others as well but none have same stereo system to test with). The stereo had a GROM bluetooth thingy plugged into the CD/DISC connector but it didn't seem to work. When turning radio on it would not come in very clear. I would press CD button then the FM button and everything sounded great. Then one morning I get into LX, press power button, NOTHING. No radio power but I do have power to climate, nav, everything else. I take out entire system to inspect connectors, wires and wiggle everything.NOTHING. I inspect amp wires and navigation wires under seat, I check everything over and over for a couple days. NOTHING. Then one minute the radio has power. Shortly after it goes off. Over the next several days the radio may come on once or twice more. One time I try to make it go off by wiggling every wire and connector. It would not go off. I turn key off then back on and radio would not come on. This would happen with or without the GROM connected.

Not a fuse because power comes on AND off. I am going nuts trying to find out what on earth it could be. I went to two radio shops but it was obvious they would end up telling me I need to buy a radio. I feel like it is something simple but I certainly don't know what it is. Any ideas anyone? Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Leckii; 10-06-20 at 04:53 PM.