LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-03, 07:09 PM
idsrvit
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

Please....spare me ALL , shoulda, coulda, woulda's and help me out here. I just spent the last three hours with the most incompetant locksmith trying to fish my keys out of my LX 470. Long story....but my 6 year old locked the car upon getting out (so no one would steal his skateboard) the car is in my garage mind you....safe neighborhood.....OK...no problem, get the spare set. OOP's they are in my purse...where is my purse....in the car!!!!! So, every key I own to my car is in it, in my garage. I could not bare to watch the guy flailing this metal rod around the insides of my car any longer. I am hoping the local Toyota dealership, which is five minutes away has a master key. The closest Lexus dealer is 35 min away.

Can anyone tell me if they hold a master key that they will come open your car for you??? Please hurry as this happened this evening and I am stuck without my $ and car till I can get in.
Thanks...
Old 09-25-03, 08:27 PM
LuvLuxury
Driver

Hey sorry to hear about your problem (this is most likely too late anyways) Do you have Lexus Link? can't you call Lexus and they can "Satellite un-lock" your LX for you? I think that I read that in my manual...

LL
Old 09-26-03, 03:49 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Default help

No, it is not too late...this just happened last night (thur) and it is now fri morning 6:50 and I am still without keys/car. Another no, I do not have Lexus Link (whatever that is) my car is a 99 lx470, didn't know there was such a thing. Perhaps my car is too late a model for it.
Old 09-26-03, 12:28 PM
idsrvit
Driver

Default problem fixed

the locked keys are now recovered. took another locksmith (more competant) about five minutes. He admitted it is a tricky car to do this too, have to act fast and at the right time. Nevertheless.....other than pride, no damage was done.
Old 09-26-03, 02:04 PM
tabraha
Driver

Default Re: problem fixed

Originally posted by idsrvit
the locked keys are now recovered. took another locksmith (more competant) about five minutes. He admitted it is a tricky car to do this too, have to act fast and at the right time. Nevertheless.....other than pride, no damage was done.
Glad you found someone more competent! I would have not had any idea that it was a tough vehicle to get into. I may have to do a hide-a-key knowing that now.

I don't think Lexus Link would have helped you in your garage anyhow. I doubt the satellite service would work under a roof.