LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2010 LX570 Check AHC System

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-23, 04:34 PM
raunb23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 LX570 Check AHC System

Hey there, I've got a 2010 Lexus LX570 that is sitting right under 121k miles. I have the Check AHC System warning on the vehicle and was wondering what it could be for. I have did see somewhere that people are changing the fluid every 60k miles but is that preventative or the vehicle actually indicating it needed to be changed. The vehicle is driving fine and the car is not sitting low (like the old Mercedes and Land Rovers that have their suspension go out) so I am hoping that it is something that is more on the maintenance side. I guess my first question is if the "check system" light is the car letting you know it needs service (similar to an oil change due warning).

I did remove the cover in the wheel well and it was hard to see if there was any liquid in the reservoir so another thought I had is if there is a leak somewhere and the warning light came up because the reservoir is completely empty but then I am assuming it would mean that the car would be sitting low if there was no fluid in the system. I also am not able to adjust the height of the vehicle.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-23, 06:47 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by raunb23
Hey there, I've got a 2010 Lexus LX570 that is sitting right under 121k miles. I have the Check AHC System warning on the vehicle and was wondering what it could be for. I have did see somewhere that people are changing the fluid every 60k miles but is that preventative or the vehicle actually indicating it needed to be changed. The vehicle is driving fine and the car is not sitting low (like the old Mercedes and Land Rovers that have their suspension go out) so I am hoping that it is something that is more on the maintenance side. I guess my first question is if the "check system" light is the car letting you know it needs service (similar to an oil change due warning).

I did remove the cover in the wheel well and it was hard to see if there was any liquid in the reservoir so another thought I had is if there is a leak somewhere and the warning light came up because the reservoir is completely empty but then I am assuming it would mean that the car would be sitting low if there was no fluid in the system. I also am not able to adjust the height of the vehicle.

Thanks in advance.
Owners manual indicates flushing and changing the AHC fluid at 60K miles maximum. Leaks are best determined if and where with the truck on a lift...but it's workable with you under the truck and no lift. More on ih8mud.com.
Old 03-14-23, 07:24 PM
raunb23
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hankinid
Owners manual indicates flushing and changing the AHC fluid at 60K miles maximum. Leaks are best determined if and where with the truck on a lift...but it's workable with you under the truck and no lift. More on ih8mud.com.
I appreciate the response. My question is does the "check AHC system" warning come when it is time to do a flush, similar to an oil change notification?
Old 03-15-23, 05:03 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

I appreciate the response. My question is does the "check AHC system" warning come when it is time to do a flush, similar to an oil change notification?
I'm nor sure as I take care of it a little under 60K.
Old 03-16-23, 07:00 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

NO not a service reminder. You have an issue.
Old 03-25-23, 11:11 AM
skrk
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem and spent $300 on a Lexus dealer just for the inspection it turns out that the vehicle's lower switch must be turned on all the time, and the switch is right next to the back trunk open switch.

This is a random image from google.

Turn the button on you should see the green light in dashboard, drive around and see if the AHC warning goes away

Last edited by skrk; 03-25-23 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-05-23, 09:30 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 226 Likes on 190 Posts

Sorry, but if the light is on there's a malfunction. There's no mileage timer like the oil change. Hopefully nothing too serious.

The PO of my truck changed it all, AHC, both diffs plus transfer case at 80k. I plan to do again at about 140k miles.