LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum
View Poll Results: Please post your Experience! It is about LEXUS LX 570 any year!
Great Advice!
0%
Similar problem
0%
Poor Design
100.00%
Recall Dealership Replacement unit is Required!
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus LX 570 2011-2012 WATER LEAK ISSUE AT COWL Passengers Side

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-23 | 08:14 PM
EZmirza
5th Gear

Default Lexus LX 570 2011-2012 WATER LEAK ISSUE AT COWL Passengers Side

I bought a pre-owned 2011 Lexus LX570 from a Toyota/Lexus dealer in Maryland.The Dealership replaced the windshield due to the rearview mirror was snapping out during the final sale detailing person error.

Now it was a clear day drove it back at home to NJ. The next couple of days there was no rain or i didn’t realize what was happening under the glove box area where the System Computer and several electronic parts were located including the blower motor.
After four weeks of trying to start in the morning truck was completely dead. Trying to jump-start lights one remotes work door open and close..
But the power switch completely screwed up
No green or amber light at all.
The only option is to take it to the Lexus dealer at Edison Lexus. 3 days after diagnosing Lexus said its electronic power switch that needs to be replaced cost $1500 with the fan belt the recommend.
Lexus didn't mention anything like Passenger side carpets are very wet whatsoever since I am the only driver, so there’s no passenger going would know.
By accidentally i needed to put my insurance paper in the glove soon i stepped in there was water around but it was about the carpet was very wet there no way to dry it i neeed to use the Shop vacuum. Now the search starts WTF I get into. Either the dealership's Glass guys didn't do a proper job or something is broken. But is happening ONLY UNDER THE GLOVEBOX.The next day was supposed to be having rain, so I covered the car to protect it.
I called SAFELIGHT for the Windshield problem and they checked with my insurance company Progressive they approved the OEM glass because I requested the OEM from Safelight.

The interesting, part was Toyota Dealer used the generic windshield no wonder!

A few days ago i replaced the windshield.. The installation Tech I told him the Mystery, the water leak. He said i’ll check and do the water test.
Based upon his experience he said it there is a leak from the top of it sunroof drain if it is under the glove box most likely bad seal or it COWL clogged up the with the debris. Infect before going to replace the Glass I did some research and made sure it was all drainage are fully Clean. If they closed the Cowl area it and did NOT clean it I'd be in the same problem. The verdict was POOR COWL DESIGN! I just can’t imagine Lexus selling this car for over 120K
There were NO solid retraction clips or Screws to hold the COWL in place small tiny plastic clips snap into the firewall area which hold the Cowl and the only two plastic push-down black plugs on each side.

It has been long experience and expensive but luckily not the major part of electronic burnout, because i see the water dripping from Silver Box above the blower. Thats leads me toward Cowl blocking with leaves's not that!
IT WAS ***!!!! COWL SEAL WHEN IT HEAVY RAIN WATER PASSES IT THROUGH THE SEAL GOES STRAIGHT INTO THE AIR CHAMBER WHERE THE BLOWER AND CABIN AIR FILTER! And water dripping on all your electrical components..I was really lucky to catch it up as quickly as possible otherwise it be a major disaster.

OEM WINDSHIELD

Dirty under the COWL THIS IS THE PLACE WHERE THE RAIN WATER DRIP PASS IT THROUGH THE COWL SEAL RIGHT INTO THE FUKING AIR INTAKE SYSTEM SORRY IT RELLY MAKE ME MAD WHO DESIGN THIS?

This was a place where water was leaking first rubber sealed then I’ve put the painter's tape to hold it tight for 24 hours.

COWL PAS ME MAD WHO DESIGN THIS? ​​​​​​​

Clean Cowl

Clean inside
​​​​​​​Even my gutter guy Joe has a laugh WTF HOW LEXUS DESINE THIS MAY BE THEY SHOULD HIRE HIM.. He suggested either buying a new COWL or repairing the COWL WITH THE silicon and pushing it toward the windshield so it holds its tight seal with water. I bought it like a windshield rubber molding seal and cleaned the COWL plastic with rubbing alcohol and stick it on top of the COWL SEAL AND THE GLASS that Was the unbelievable fix!🥵
https://www.ebay.com/itm/394097829501?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=idskgbj2qpy&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=f4Ykj8oLS-q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Old 01-22-24 | 01:22 PM
mental69
6th Gear

I fixed the issue in my GX with a bit of clear silicone caulk. Good as new and transparent. Use a razor to have a clean edge at the window.
Mental
The following users liked this post:
EZmirza (01-29-24)
Old 01-30-24 | 11:25 AM
EZmirza
5th Gear

Wink Update on 01/30/2024

Well I solved the misters water leaking on 2011 Lexus LX 570 . It was form Cowl cover when Toyota replaced my Windshield the installation person missing a plastic piece on a Cowl assembly. Due to missing cover rain water access to Air circulation area where the cabin filter located by the passenger side under the glove compartment.
Finding my leak, save me a major headache because most of the electronic is located right under the glove compartment.

The AssH011e forget to put Cowl cover water protection pice back or probably he cant figure that out what is this plastic piece function?
I ends up buying an entire cowl pice about $700 however it save me for major repairs.

Rule-1 if there’s any leak something like a water leak first go back to the basic see what the last thing has been done, who have done it what kind of work was performed.

Some folks called those mobile glass repair on a site and they don’t watch what they doing putting things back together.
But in my case well known Toyota dealers call the mobile guys who replace the windshield

Good luck
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LX 570 2011-2012 WATER LEAK ISSUE AT COWL Passengers Side-img_1433.jpeg   Lexus LX 570 2011-2012 WATER LEAK ISSUE AT COWL Passengers Side-img_1434.png