should I buy a 2020 LX 570?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-24, 10:25 PM
adafee
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default should I buy a 2020 LX 570?

hey LX 570/Land Cruiser kings,
for all you guys who own LX 570, can you plz offer some advices here?
I am in the process of purchasing a LX 570. I live in Los Angeles county. besides the fuel economy, I am way more concerned about how people react when they see me drive such a big and luxurious vehicle.
Will it be hard to get into parking spots? I tested drove a few LX 570 over the weekend. I saw each model has 3 - 4 inches long scratches on the doors and they looked like they were done by people's keys. I guess there might be haters who scratch LX570 on purpose. will it be more likely to receive parking tickets?
what others do you guys feel I should put extra thoughts on like potential repairs, oil leak, service expenses.
much appreciated. thanks.
Old 06-23-24, 04:59 AM
charliecla
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=adafee;11744821]hey LX 570/Land Cruiser kings,
I am in the process of purchasing a LX 570. I live in Los Angeles county. besides the fuel economy, I am way more concerned about how people react when they see me drive such a big and luxurious vehicle.
Will it be hard to get into parking spots? I tested drove a few LX 570 over the weekend. I saw each model has 3 - 4 inches long scratches on the doors and they looked like they were done by people's keys. I guess there might be haters who scratch LX570 on purpose. will it be more likely to receive parking tickets?
what others do you guys feel I should put extra thoughts on like potential repairs, oil leak, service expenses.

I bought a 2020 LX in June of 2020. We have 28,000 miles of trouble free service on it. Before that we had a 2009 LX 570 that had 140,000 trouble free miles. Of course had brake service, tires, ect. Before that we had 3 LX 470s that were great. We never had any issues with anyone scratching our cars. Just get a PPI before you buy. They are great vehicles! Good luck.
Old 06-23-24, 09:28 AM
adafee
10th Gear

[QUOTE=charliecla;11744857]
Originally Posted by adafee
hey LX 570/Land Cruiser kings,

I bought a 2020 LX in June of 2020. We have 28,000 miles of trouble free service on it. Before that we had a 2009 LX 570 that had 140,000 trouble free miles. Of course had brake service, tires, ect. Before that we had 3 LX 470s that were great. We never had any issues with anyone scratching our cars. Just get a PPI before you buy. They are great vehicles! Good luck.
thanks. I will try to find good mechanics for a PPI. is the car too big? you never have any problem on local streets?
Old 06-23-24, 09:51 AM
fireskigir
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Love our LX 570

I would never worry or care what anyone thinks of our LX 570. It is a bougie Land Cruiser and we like the 4wd and rugged build for driving the snowy Sierra highways.
To each his own!
The following users liked this post:
adafee (06-25-24)
Old 06-23-24, 11:09 AM
adafee
10th Gear

Originally Posted by fireskigir
I would never worry or care what anyone thinks of our LX 570. It is a bougie Land Cruiser and we like the 4wd and rugged build for driving the snowy Sierra highways.
To each his own!
that’s good. thinking about how others think is an extra burden.
Bgw70 (06-24-24)
Old 06-24-24, 04:24 AM
charliecla
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2020 lx 570

No problem with size or local streets. Of course it's bigger than a 4Runner but with that you get the extra room, safety and comfort!
adafee (06-25-24)
Old 06-24-24, 06:43 AM
Pathfnder
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Size is not an issue , its actually smaller than a lot on other SUVs. As for the scratches..pissed off ex lovers?
adafee (06-25-24)
Old 06-24-24, 12:37 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 74 Posts

Here in TX having LX570 is like having a midsize sedan...LOL...

But seriously, I can kind of understand why you would be worried about buying a luxury SUV in Cali where climate cult crazies deflate SUV tires and pour paint onto anything they perceive as atmosphere polluters, but if that's really the case, maybe it's time to move to a more sane place...

As far as the truck itself, besides fuel economy, everything else rocks...
The following 3 users liked this post by Vlad6525:
adafee (06-25-24), Bgw70 (06-25-24), V8LXBFFE (06-25-24)
Old 06-24-24, 06:17 PM
Misteracng
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The car itself is excellent. I don't use it as my daily driver, so I am more picky about where I take it mostly because I want to keep it long term and in good shape. If you like the car you should get it. Other people will do whatever they want, so all you can do is take precautions as best you can. In regards to size, the length is not really an issue, its not much longer then a GX460 or 4runner. Where there is a significant difference is in width. This makes it much more roomy inside. I think the width is more comparable to suburbans and trucks. I have not noticed any particular reaction to the LX. Its actually not that common of a car to see due to low sales volume. I would say it is really the Lexus flagship especially the LX570. The combo of AHC hydraulic suspension and old school big V8 gives a smooth luxurious ride that no new car can match. You just pay for it with lower MPG.
Old 06-25-24, 06:03 PM
V8LXBFFE
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just not Texas!
Old 06-25-24, 10:49 PM
adafee
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Vlad6525

But seriously, I can kind of understand why you would be worried about buying a luxury SUV in Cali where climate cult crazies deflate SUV tires and pour paint onto anything they perceive as atmosphere polluters, but if that's really the case, maybe it's time to move to a more sane place...

in Los Angeles it’s like having a gigantic luxury truck and people definitely notice it. Los Angeles has a vain car culture. people who rent studios own Porsche cayenne GTS but actually I recently checked a lot of used cayenne prices. Gosh, they depreciate so fast that if you can afford a LX 570 most 2018 - 2019 cayenne are just relatively cheap.
Old 06-25-24, 10:55 PM
adafee
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Vlad6525

climate cult buy EVs for their entitlement and I got tired listening to all the talks about how EV is doing the good for the environment. seriously? don’t they know lithium mining is very polluting at the first place and it relies on fossil fuel.
The following 2 users liked this post by adafee:
Bgw70 (06-27-24), Vlad6525 (06-26-24)
Old 06-25-24, 10:57 PM
adafee
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Misteracng
The car itself is excellent. I don't use it as my daily driver, so I am more picky about where I take it mostly because I want to keep it long term and in good shape. If you like the car you should get it. Other people will do whatever they want, so all you can do is take precautions as best you can. In regards to size, the length is not really an issue, its not much longer then a GX460 or 4runner. Where there is a significant difference is in width. This makes it much more roomy inside. I think the width is more comparable to suburbans and trucks. I have not noticed any particular reaction to the LX. Its actually not that common of a car to see due to low sales volume. I would say it is really the Lexus flagship especially the LX570. The combo of AHC hydraulic suspension and old school big V8 gives a smooth luxurious ride that no new car can match. You just pay for it with lower MPG.
I hear you. it’s just that the gas tank is small.
Old 06-25-24, 11:00 PM
adafee
10th Gear

Thanks for all the good and funny comments I will keep everyone posted.
Old 06-30-24, 04:46 PM
biff44
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Has anyone noticed that the new lexus/toyota twin turbo V6 engines are BLOWING UP early? Like the ones in the new LXs? It is a major issue.

So if you were holding out for a new LX600.....uh...that CPO LX570 is suddenly looking PRETTY SWEET!
Bgw70 (06-30-24)

Quick Reply: should I buy a 2020 LX 570?