LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

redesign??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-06, 04:44 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

straight-up...someone should call toyota motor sales and freakin ask what the hell is going on with the TLC/LLX, and i think that person should be me since i sit around 24/7. Ill see how far up the food chain i can get either today, or on monday and let yall know my result.
Old 03-31-06, 06:25 AM
flyfishman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
straight-up...someone should call toyota motor sales and freakin ask what the hell is going on with the TLC/LLX, and i think that person should be me since i sit around 24/7. Ill see how far up the food chain i can get either today, or on monday and let yall know my result.
Good luck - would LOVE to know, just be prepared for the standard Toyota response "Thank you for your interest in the Land Cruiser/LX, at this time we have no immediate plans to discontinue/ offer a new model....." blah blah blah.
Old 03-31-06, 11:27 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Please let us know we are all interested.
Old 03-31-06, 04:15 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

BTW, i checked out the FJ Cruiser today, pretty sick looking but the lady at the dealership said TLC may be canceled due to sales being robbed by the GX and LX.
Old 03-31-06, 07:38 PM
06LX470MG
Driver School Candidate

I feel that now with the redsign of the LS and the entire Lexus model range and with the arrival of new more modern competition such as the Mercedes-Benz GL450, the new GM Full-size SUV's (Cadillac Escalade, Yukon/Denali, and Tahoe) as well as the redsigned 2006 Range Rover and even the Audi Q7 that Lexus will need to soon (one or two more model years) Redsign the LX in order to keep it competive and selling, also with increasingly higher gas prices and the fact of global warming I believe that Lexus will look to take the lead in the Hybrid full-size Luxury SUV market (most of the competition mentioned above have Hybrids planned or in development) as it will soon in the Luxury Full-Size sedan market with the LS600h and currently with the mid-size GS400h. I hope Lexus delivers a New LX that has the strengths of the Current model and adds all that it has learned and developed (Technology form the new LS460) since the LX debuted in 1998, with the robustness and reliability that any LX owner has come to appreciate and expect. I just hope that the Cost of a new LX dosent substantially increase, as well as its size. As for the Land Cruiser I dont believe that we will see its demise. It is a strong seller outside of the USA and is know for its dependability and cabability all over the world, If anything I can see toyota killing the model here in the USA and selling it stricly as a top model Lexus in order to increase its exclusivity, and in essence maximize profits (I'm almost positive,based on economies of scale that toyota makes more profit per car on an LX than on a Land Cruiser), but the Toyota Land Cruiser would still be for sale around the globe, as the LX470 is not known around the world as the Land Cruiser is.
Old 04-15-06, 10:57 PM
tman378
Driver School Candidate

So let's hear it dude. What tha hell's goin on with the LX?!!!

Old 04-16-06, 12:04 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

yeah uhm...ToMoCo isnt fun trying to get information from. i couldnt even get any recordings saying thank you for the interest........time to start doing some research on names and people high up and call and ask to speak directly to them.

...BTW, i dont want my LX anymore...is that a sin? I want an 06 Audi RS4 or possibly a 03 RS6.
Old 04-24-06, 09:45 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

yeah uhm...ToMoCo isnt fun trying to get information from. i couldnt even get any recordings saying thank you for the interest........time to start doing some research on names and people high up and call and ask to speak directly to them.

...BTW, i dont want my LX anymore...is that a sin? I want an 06 Audi RS4 or possibly a 03 RS6.
Yes, it is a sin. J/K

Well Lexus came out with the first Hybrid V8 for the LS600. My buddy at Toyota says " Fall 2006." We should get some pics and info. I called and mailed a letter to Toyota. To summarize this letter. We currently have no major plans for the LX. Then some more bs after bs. I got tired of finding info on the new LX and gave up. Toyota keeps everything in a secrecy. Probley have to take a oath when you take a job in Toyota. LOL!
Old 04-25-06, 04:30 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

maybe ill go get a job there and break the oath and quit after i find out info, lol. Im going to go look for the small model today. ill keep you posted.
Old 04-25-06, 05:16 PM
LexFather

How does LX 570 sound?
Old 04-25-06, 05:23 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

not enough, i need a LX610....6.1L V10 with VVT-i putting out close to 600hp. Now thats what i want....ill take that motor and ECU swap into my 00 thank you. I doubt the next LX will look as sexy as mine, but ill take a 6.1L V10
Old 04-25-06, 08:13 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

I just hope they keep it all LC. I mean thats the only reason I love my LX so much. I want to a get a GS430 AWD, thats what I want.

or

Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG

or

Brabus E55, Brabus CLK 55
Old 04-26-06, 10:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by VAL678
I just hope they keep it all LC. I mean thats the only reason I love my LX so much. I want to a get a GS430 AWD, thats what I want.

or

Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG

or

Brabus E55, Brabus CLK 55
Not going to happen. The GX is Land Cruiser Prado based. The Land Cruiser will die very soon The GX is similar in everything to the current LX. The next LX HAS to get bigger, to compete with the larger SUVs and capture more market share.

not enough, i need a LX610....6.1L V10 with VVT-i putting out close to 600hp. Now thats what i want....ill take that motor and ECU swap into my 00 thank you. I doubt the next LX will look as sexy as mine, but ill take a 6.1L V10
Don't hold your breath for that one
Old 04-26-06, 11:32 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

That is true!

Guess I will be keeping the 99 LX then or going for a 2006 or 2007 LX470.
Old 05-03-06, 10:09 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tiny Little Truck

The LX470 is the smallest "full size" SUV on the market. No? I can sit in a Lincoln Navigator, Cadillac Escalade or Infinity QX56 and feel very comfortable. The Lexus has the nicest interior but it's small. It's shorter than an LS430. The RX is the small truck, the GX is the mid-size truck - why can't the LX be the BIG truck? If you want a small SUV, get the GX. Here I am hoping the next LX is bigger and I see so many people hope it doesn't grow any. I just don't understand that.. Why have one small SUV and two mediums? When I sit in the LX, I feel like my left arm should be through the window.

Quick Reply: redesign??