LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New Land Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-06, 02:38 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Land Cruiser

Haven't seen this before. Dunno if this is for real or someone's imagination / photoshop. Picked up this pic on an off-roading forum. This is supposedly the new 2008 land cruiser. Personally, i love it. It has the modern looks of a 4runner but bigger size of a LC. I want one now. The LX will only look better!

[FONT=Arial]
Attached Thumbnails New Land Cruiser-new-land-cruiser.jpg  
Old 07-12-06, 10:02 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought that Toyota will discontinue the Land Cruiser, but keep it alive through Lexus as the LX. Toyota will keep the Rav4, FJ Cruiser, Highlander, 4Runner, and Sequoia.

Any confirmation/rumors?
Old 07-12-06, 11:07 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I thought that Toyota will discontinue the Land Cruiser, but keep it alive through Lexus as the LX. Toyota will keep the Rav4, FJ Cruiser, Highlander, 4Runner, and Sequoia.

Any confirmation/rumors?
maybe in USA. But I wouldnt believe what romours say really. 2 years ago, according to most websites in the USA, Rav4 was going to be discountinued....
Old 07-12-06, 01:15 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks really nice but I think that might be the next generation Sequoia. At this point won't the Landcruiser and Sequoia be competing with each other? It might be that Toyota might drop the Landcruiser and keep it on the Lexus side as the LX 470...
Old 07-12-06, 02:36 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
maybe in USA. But I wouldnt believe what romours say really. 2 years ago, according to most websites in the USA, Rav4 was going to be discountinued....
But then again, the Rav4 is so much different that the previous model. It's significantly bigger (closer to the Highlander than the old Rav4) and has a V6. It could have been a new car, but they kept the Rav4 name.

Because of the decreasing interest of SUVs on the road (and they did just add the FJ), Toyota should decrease their SUV count from six to four. The Highlander and Rav4 are too similar, as well as the Sequoia and Land Cruiser...
Old 07-12-06, 04:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
But then again, the Rav4 is so much different that the previous model. It's significantly bigger (closer to the Highlander than the old Rav4) and has a V6. It could have been a new car, but they kept the Rav4 name.

Because of the decreasing interest of SUVs on the road (and they did just add the FJ), Toyota should decrease their SUV count from six to four. The Highlander and Rav4 are too similar, as well as the Sequoia and Land Cruiser...
sorry but lol... toyota should lose their sales? Highlander still sells over 100,000 per year, even with new Rav4, and it being very old.

Land Cruiser is big name, big heritage... they will do what they did with Rav4, make it so it is more appealing to people.
Old 07-12-06, 05:12 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree it would be smart for Toyota to drop the Highlander. I'm in the car business, and the Highlander sales are nothing but 4Runner and Rav4 sales. Highlanders are so worthless in the market right now you can get 06's at auction for as low as $16K
Old 07-12-06, 06:42 PM
toyotafan2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aedgington
I agree it would be smart for Toyota to drop the Highlander. I'm in the car business, and the Highlander sales are nothing but 4Runner and Rav4 sales. Highlanders are so worthless in the market right now you can get 06's at auction for as low as $16K
The hybrid model included? That one I wouldn't have seen coming. I think I have seen someone post that pic on toyotanation.com, but dont quote me on that one. I figured the body style would be close to what that pic showed. Man, that beast with a 5.4 liter V8, watch out Navigator and Escalade.
Old 07-13-06, 07:35 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

I read, that the LX is the one to be discontinued, and the Land Cruiser will continue. Due to low amount of sales of the LX, Toyota will drop the LX and continue the Land Cruiser, because of it's very famous name from back then. Personally, all you LX owners consider your vehicles "classic" because one day, people will admire ur LX because it won't be in production and only the LC would be available.
Old 07-13-06, 09:32 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Toyota will never drop Land Cruiser or LX. They have to be a fool to do this. Land Crusier has a big hertage and the idea of sequoia replacing Land Cruiser gross me out because their build qualities are the world apart.
And I doubt lexus will ever drop their product because of bad sales. They will much rather improve their product then dropping it. For example, 1st gen IS to 2nd gen IS350. The frist gen IS sales was just horrible and they didnt drop the car from the line up but they improved the car the next time around.

Anyhow, that looks like a bad photoshopped picture of Ford Explore. I am not feeling it.
Old 07-13-06, 06:53 PM
toyotafan2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by STIG
Toyota will never drop Land Cruiser or LX. They have to be a fool to do this. Land Crusier has a big hertage and the idea of sequoia replacing Land Cruiser gross me out because their build qualities are the world apart.
And I doubt lexus will ever drop their product because of bad sales. They will much rather improve their product then dropping it. For example, 1st gen IS to 2nd gen IS350. The frist gen IS sales was just horrible and they didnt drop the car from the line up but they improved the car the next time around.

Anyhow, that looks like a bad photoshopped picture of Ford Explore. I am not feeling it.
This thing is definately photoshopped. Someone just stuck the new Tundra bumper, lights, and fender flares and blended them into a Navigator body. Using up to the 6000+ plus layers in photoshop 101. I figured that picture just didn't look right. I have seen a different pic of the new Land Cruiser/LX, but I can not remember where...I'm so incompetent .
Old 07-14-06, 07:12 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by STIG

They won't drop BOTH the LC and LX. It's just the LX because it hasn't really sold as much as Lexus/Toyota wanted to sell. I know I've read this somewhere on the internet, from a reliable source, but forgot where I read it. It's on some car magazine. I'll see if i can find it.
Old 07-14-06, 08:31 AM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

I hate to say this, but this picture looks like an expedition which in my opinion are great for abusing as a rental to take to vegas, but to drive one everyday? where's the personality.

I can't imagine the landcruiser and the LX going away, one of them will stay and it will probably at least be the LX, if not both.
Old 07-15-06, 12:48 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rx900
They won't drop BOTH the LC and LX. It's just the LX because it hasn't really sold as much as Lexus/Toyota wanted to sell. I know I've read this somewhere on the internet, from a reliable source, but forgot where I read it. It's on some car magazine. I'll see if i can find it.

I will believe when i hear it from lexus/toyota. Either LC or LX is too great for toyota/lexus to drop. Poor sale isnt a good reason for them to drop. Instead, they should try to improve the LX when they introduce the next gen. I bet the new LX will better than everything on the market including Range Rover. Plus, Lexus has never dropped anything from their line up.
Old 07-15-06, 06:08 AM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

They arent dropping the LX. They trademarked the name LX570 not long ago.

Quick Reply: New Land Cruiser