LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-07 | 08:51 AM
ejorge
Driver School Candidate

Default Latch criticism is absolutely valid!

Originally Posted by Max707
You and PEMARCH are really funny You guys are jokin right If you aren't jokin then I don't know what to say??? Maybe, did you not look at the vehicle before you bought it?
I looked at EVERY SUV with latches in mind. There was only one that had latches on all three back seats. Ford Expedition. I bought it, hated the car and traded it in for the 470 one year later. With that in mind, how is it that Ford came up with the most functional SUV and not Toyota? We love our Lexus, but there are some issues. Clearly, my issues are "family" related so some of you may not understand or might even be offended, but here goes. The car needs fold flat third row seats, three latch's in the second row, auto liftgate, more power, a bit more room, and much more aggressive styling. The competitors have most of these options, but lack the luxury and dependability of Lexus. And, Lexus, for cryin out loud, improve your nav. The nav system in the older lexus' were much more intuitive and user friendly.
Old 02-02-07 | 09:17 AM
ejorge
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the market for a new car to replace my Boxster S. I absolutely LOVE the Boxster, but w/three kids it's no longer practical. I have driven the GL and Q7 with practicality and fun in mind. While the GL drove more closely to my LX470, it was boring as hell inside. I admit, the Q7 was a harsher ride, but in sport mode it was actually fun to drive. The cockpit in the Q7 was spectacular and the stereo was the best I've heard in a long time. The third row in the Q7 was a joke. If you could put the Q7 cockpit in the Mercedes I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 02-02-07 | 10:14 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ejorge
I'm in the market for a new car to replace my Boxster S. I absolutely LOVE the Boxster, but w/three kids it's no longer practical. I have driven the GL and Q7 with practicality and fun in mind. While the GL drove more closely to my LX470, it was boring as hell inside. I admit, the Q7 was a harsher ride, but in sport mode it was actually fun to drive. The cockpit in the Q7 was spectacular and the stereo was the best I've heard in a long time. The third row in the Q7 was a joke. If you could put the Q7 cockpit in the Mercedes I would buy it in a heartbeat.
I'm sure the Q7 and GL450 are good vehicles but the Q7 is butt ugly and the GL450 looks like a soccer moms mini van. JMHO
Old 02-02-07 | 12:58 PM
okcfunky
Pole Position

MMmmmmhmmm, totally agree with the above statement.

But backack to the make a sexy time topic!

Whoever mentioned that the LS and LX share, and the GS and GX share, that's an interesting theory. I could see the front 80% looking great, but I have a styling issue with the rear. Just going by a rough of the picture that was recently show in this thread, the tailligts are way way too square, and it totally kills the rear (needs to balance out the more squared off rear roof)
Old 02-02-07 | 01:16 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by VAL678
My LX470 looks way better than the PIX above!

I do hope Lexus keeps the quad headlights, one of my favorite things about the car are the quad headlights!
sorry, the new lx570 will have just a single lamp on each side
Old 02-02-07 | 01:27 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jjbodean
sorry, the new lx570 will have just a single lamp on each side
Have you seen the new LX yet?

If so, spill the beans!

May be you did, and i missed your thread.
Old 02-02-07 | 03:12 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

yes, i have seen it in pics. go look at my long post on page 3 of this thread for my write-up
Old 02-02-07 | 03:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ejorge
I looked at EVERY SUV with latches in mind. There was only one that had latches on all three back seats. Ford Expedition. I bought it, hated the car and traded it in for the 470 one year later. With that in mind, how is it that Ford came up with the most functional SUV and not Toyota? We love our Lexus, but there are some issues. Clearly, my issues are "family" related so some of you may not understand or might even be offended, but here goes. The car needs fold flat third row seats, three latch's in the second row, auto liftgate, more power, a bit more room, and much more aggressive styling. The competitors have most of these options, but lack the luxury and dependability of Lexus. And, Lexus, for cryin out loud, improve your nav. The nav system in the older lexus' were much more intuitive and user friendly.
because LX was designed in '98? :-).

Considering that Toyota is pushing fold flat seats, where possible, across their range, I would say it is safe bet for LX to have some form of them...
Old 02-02-07 | 03:31 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by spwolf
because LX was designed in '98? :-).

Considering that Toyota is pushing fold flat seats, where possible, across their range, I would say it is safe bet for LX to have some form of them...
actually, it wont, but it will have power 3rd row seats which will not be removable as of my most recent info.

we must remember that the LX is based off the land cruiser. the land cruiser will not have fold flat seats, so neither will the LX. reason? land cruiser/LX sells about 25k units in the USA per year. the land cruiser sells about 250,000 units worldwide per year. the worldwide market drives this design, not the USA market, and the world market doesnt care about fold flat 3rd row seats.
Old 02-02-07 | 04:18 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jjbodean
actually, it wont, but it will have power 3rd row seats which will not be removable as of my most recent info.

we must remember that the LX is based off the land cruiser. the land cruiser will not have fold flat seats, so neither will the LX. reason? land cruiser/LX sells about 25k units in the USA per year. the land cruiser sells about 250,000 units worldwide per year. the worldwide market drives this design, not the USA market, and the world market doesnt care about fold flat 3rd row seats.
Totally agree, if you want fold flat seats get a mini van
Old 02-03-07 | 12:46 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

im not understanding something...3rd row seat in the new LX will be powered, but will not have the ability to lay flat, OR even be removed? What do you mean by powered then?
Old 02-03-07 | 01:39 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

powered into the upright and out of the way position, or down into the useable position
Old 02-03-07 | 01:51 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

in my opinion, that would just be horrible. It would actually be worse than what is there now.
Question...which seats have the LATCH child car seat hooks in the 2nd row??
Old 02-03-07 | 03:38 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

on the 2008 that is to be? i have no idea.
Old 02-03-07 | 06:29 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

its more likely going to be something like the expedition or GL450 that, the seats fold down and create a flatbed area within the cargo area, such as we have currently w/ the LX with the third row fully removed.

Quick Reply: Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)