LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-06, 05:18 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just washed my truck last night in 33*F weather. One more degree colder and the water would have Froze. Anyways i just love this body style and i cant see where it would go, except downhill if they do something that looks like the LS460. I mean ok, they are both the L's but, the LS looks like it does because it can. if you were to take that as a SUV it would look fugly. Now as far as being based off a tundra, it better damn well be a great frame. I would like to see the new LX WITH a frame and not some bull ish excuse for a SUV being built Unibody. Toyota knows that unibody wont last and thats why they make the LC/LX on a frame. Toyota back in 93 was about to think of making the current LC/LX built unibody, and then they were like wait no way that would just fall apart after a few years, we want our trucks to last for at least 20 years.

New LX or replacement requirements:
Give me more power. Anything sub 350hp and im staying with mine.
Give me Quad headlights designed somewhat like the 3GS but with a more bulky tough truck look to it.
Give me a better bolt pattern for my wheels so i can actually get some selection for aftermarkets.
Give me Black tinted windows, not that bronze stuff they did on 98-02..i hate my windows
Give me a bulletproof transmission, because i beat the crap out of mine
Give me HID headlights with AFS standard...i dont want to have to call xenondepot.com again
Make sure ARB makes some stuff up for the LC
Make a Supercharged option if you are going to give it sub 350hp standard
No plastic headlight crap, make it out of glass or go die toyota.
Parking sensors along with rear camera standard...no dealer installed option crap

Ill post more of my thoughts later. Of course, anything i said above pertaining to frame or looks, its just what rumors ive been hearing and my response to it. Nothing final is public currently.
Old 10-27-06, 03:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by aedgington
I'm sorry, I just read this. Land Cruiser dead? Where did that info come from?
There are currently 2 Landcrusiers in Europe. The Toyota original Land Crusier (our LX) and the Land Cruiser Prado (our GX).

The name is already being transferred. The next GX will remain truck based and grow in size to continue the legacy.

The LX has to grow in size, thus become Sequioa based as it will not have its own platform, to compete with the Escalade ESV (wathever the long one is call) Infiniti QX56, Naviagtor and other large SUVs.

Toyota just released the Tundra 5.7 V-8 makes 381hp
I am not sure if it has direct injection or dual vvti but expect the Lexus 5.7 to slightly more power.
Old 10-27-06, 03:57 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can not wait for it too be released... sometime likely in late Q4 2007, Q2 2008.

Hopefully they will have a hybrid version also which will compete with the more powerful Cayenne Turbo S, which probably wont happen, probably only compete with the Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

One thing the new LX will have more power than most SUV that it will be competing with.

It for sure directly competing with the Porsche Cayenne S, in terms of horsepower.

I cant wait too see it in the showroom and test it out.

Lexus will prevail!

Last edited by JessePS; 10-27-06 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-27-06, 04:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

New Land Cruiser will be released in Europe next year - this is Lexus LX's brother.
And yeah, Land Cruiser is not dead, why would it be dead?

We were already briefed on new model introductions and LC was planned - now I dont remember anymore when exactly but I think it was mid-to-late 2007.

Last edited by spwolf; 10-27-06 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-27-06, 08:49 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Lexus cant be competing with Porsche im sorry. As a Driver of both a porsche and 2 Lexi, i just cant see it. They SHOULD make a RX however to compete with the BMW X5 4.8iS. That would be sick. A lowered V8 performance package. Those would sell like hotcakes!
Old 10-27-06, 08:55 PM
6thGenMax
10th Gear

yesterday i went with my parents to the lexus dealership as they debuted the new LS and we had asked about the next gen LX. we were told that it will be out in the market for sale in fall/winter of 2007.
Old 10-27-06, 09:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
Lexus cant be competing with Porsche im sorry. As a Driver of both a porsche and 2 Lexi, i just cant see it. They SHOULD make a RX however to compete with the BMW X5 4.8iS. That would be sick. A lowered V8 performance package. Those would sell like hotcakes!
Well the LX is not direct Cayenne competiton at all
The rumored upcoming HPX concept, is GS based and more a sport wagon ala X5/Cayenne etc.

Old 10-27-06, 10:27 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

that HPX looks like a FX and a RX who bumped uglies offspring. Ugly i hate it, but i like the wheels!

I was thinking something more like the LX in shape and style but miniturized and beefed up would be a great truck.
But also a pure RX with a performace "TRD" setup would be just as awsome.
Old 10-31-06, 03:30 AM
aedgington
Lead Lap

So how does the HPX's doors open?
Old 10-31-06, 04:09 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

suicide like the FJC.

Old 11-02-06, 10:06 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Toyota is still making the Land Cruiser, right?

That is Toyotas flagship car, I can understand why Toyota wants the LX to be more Escaldeish.

Toyota still will make the Land Cruiser under Toyotas name right?

lol
Old 11-03-06, 08:46 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

LANDCRUISER IS NOT DEAD......I SELL THEM...THEY STILL MAKE THE CRUISER....IM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE GONNA MAKE IT FOR 08....BUT IF IT DOES SEE PRODUCTION IN 08 THEN EXPECT....ALL NEW SHEETMETAL IN THE FRONT AND DIFFERENT TAILLIGHTS.....THIS INFO IS AS PER A TOYOTA REP WHO WAS AT THE TOYOTA CONVENTION WHICH WAS HELD IN THE NEWLY BUILT TEXAS PLANT WHICH IS GONNA BUILD THE NEW TUNDRA....THEY REVEAL THE 08 LANDCRUSIER....08 HIGHLANDER AND THE ALL NEW SCION xD AT THIS CONVENTION....AS FAR AS PICS...I HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING BUT HE DID SAY IT WAS DISAPPOINTING TO SEE THE 08 LAND CRUISER WITH JUST REVISED SHEETMETAL IN THE FRONT.
Old 11-03-06, 09:19 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
LANDCRUISER IS NOT DEAD......I SELL THEM...THEY STILL MAKE THE CRUISER....IM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE GONNA MAKE IT FOR 08....BUT IF IT DOES SEE PRODUCTION IN 08 THEN EXPECT....ALL NEW SHEETMETAL IN THE FRONT AND DIFFERENT TAILLIGHTS.....THIS INFO IS AS PER A TOYOTA REP WHO WAS AT THE TOYOTA CONVENTION WHICH WAS HELD IN THE NEWLY BUILT TEXAS PLANT WHICH IS GONNA BUILD THE NEW TUNDRA....THEY REVEAL THE 08 LANDCRUSIER....08 HIGHLANDER AND THE ALL NEW SCION xD AT THIS CONVENTION....AS FAR AS PICS...I HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING BUT HE DID SAY IT WAS DISAPPOINTING TO SEE THE 08 LAND CRUISER WITH JUST REVISED SHEETMETAL IN THE FRONT.
i hate caps.

I am sorry but that toyota rep you talked to is wrong. (hopefully)
We have seen the spy pictures of next landcuriser and it's all new, not just revised sheetmetal in the front. And the rumor has it that it will be named as 200 series as oppose to 110 series. Toyota won't disappoint us with the new LC/LX. I have no doubt that that car is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see it.
Old 11-03-06, 09:19 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VAL678
Toyota is still making the Land Cruiser, right?

That is Toyotas flagship car, I can understand why Toyota wants the LX to be more Escaldeish.

Toyota still will make the Land Cruiser under Toyotas name right?

lol
Of course!
Old 11-07-06, 05:12 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Give me HID headlights with AFS standard
The Lx470 does come with HID lamps in some overseas markets from the factory.

you can also get an available cooler box inside as well.

Quick Reply: Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)