LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-06, 03:14 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by aedgington
Good point on the LATCH rings. Drives us crazy also.
You and PEMARCH are really funny You guys are jokin right If you aren't jokin then I don't know what to say??? Maybe, did you not look at the vehicle before you bought it?
Old 12-10-06, 04:06 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reply to max707

max707...
if you find it necessary to criticize and have a desire to simply be sarcastic, then kindly keep your comments to yourself. If you, as you said, dont know what to say, then maybe "nothing" is the answer. Thanks.

Last edited by pemarsh; 12-10-06 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-10-06, 04:24 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
Maybe, did you not look at the vehicle before you bought it?
That's a whole lot of smack coming out of your mouth for someone who has done nothing but ask questions about LX's since buying theirs.
Old 12-10-06, 05:21 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Give me a break, you guys think that the big problem with the LX is the fact that its hard to hook up a baby seat so you are looking at different brands to buy? To each his own but if that feature was that important I think I would of checked it out before I bought the vehicle. Plus I really did think you were kidding, but since your not, I really don't know what to say. About asking questions about the LX. I've owned 80 series and 100 series Landcruisers, bet I've forgotten more then you know about the 100 series. So if you think makin a little fun of your comments is some newbie talkin smack Get over it.
Old 12-10-06, 05:47 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pemarsh
i have an lx 470 2004, and have a few issues with it.

1. The LATCH system for child car seats are only avavilable in the 2nd row's middle and drivers side....i.e., the car seats have to be together. My two kids get that close on any lengthy drive and its whining, screaming and crying. The new Lexus must have seperated latch seats for me to switch.

I have to agree with you here. The design is clearly not up to date compared to other vehicles right now. To some people who don't have kids, LATCH etc is not important but to some people like my brother, the position and ease of use of installing child seats was one of the most important criteria when buying the vehicle.

2. Power....give me a break. I feel like im driving my moms station wagon.

The Lx470 only had 235 horses up until 2005. It was enough for everyday drivning but if you had to get somewhere in a hurry, forget it. Also, when full loaded with 7 passenger, the LX is hogging done like a poor overweight pig.

3. The 3rd row seats are a joke when it comes to purring them in, and removing them.

I am very close to buying what i believe is the next best thing to the LX, in case the new Lexus does not pan out to my expectations.....the MB GL 450 or the Infinity QX56. In my opinion, the LX is nicer than either, but I need the above issues solved soon. Also, I do off road in my LX, so my replacement has to be able to do the same
The GL450 is a better design and more modern that the current LX....That is because the LX is still the same basic truck from back in 98.
Old 12-10-06, 06:06 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Max707
Give me a break, you guys think that the big problem with the LX is the fact that its hard to hook up a baby seat so you are looking at different brands to buy? To each his own but if that feature was that important I think I would of checked it out before I bought the vehicle. Plus I really did think you were kidding, but since your not, I really don't know what to say. About asking questions about the LX. I've owned 80 series and 100 series Landcruisers, bet I've forgotten more then you know about the 100 series. So if you think makin a little fun of your comments is some newbie talkin smack Get over it.
Wow, you're cool, maybe when I grow up I can be like you.
Old 12-10-06, 06:08 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aedgington
Wow, you're cool, maybe when I grow up I can be like you.
Doubt it I saw your picture and your not good looking enough
Old 12-10-06, 11:33 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Guys please don't make me have to call in administration or moderators to clean this up. Lets Keep this thread clean and on topic.

Pemarsh, your comment on keeping things to yourself shows you don't even believe in it. It just doesn't help the situation, plain and simple.

Max707, lets keep it as friendly as possible please. Even if you meant to be sarcastic, its extremely hard to "read" sarcasm on a forum.
Old 12-11-06, 12:18 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

You have to admit the LX is fast when your the only one in it but true, when you have 7 passengers, omg, can it get any slower.

+

Lets keep in mind that the LX is more of a family car than a sports car!
Old 12-11-06, 05:19 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VAL678
You have to admit the LX is fast when your the only one in it but true, when you have 7 passengers, omg, can it get any slower.

+

Lets keep in mind that the LX is more of a family car than a sports car!
Guess I never thought about a SUV as fast and sporty, kinda like thinking about a fat girl being sexy
Old 12-11-06, 05:25 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Well some suvs are fast and sporty. Like a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, 0-60 in under 4.8 seconds. 520hp...yeah thats a fast and sporty truck but costs $120k+. Speed aside, the LX is my favorite SUV. The only other SUV i would want would be the Cayenne, because im such a porsche fan.

Hopefully the new LX570 or whatever it shall be called will help that performance aspect, however keep the full luxury and reliablility i have grown to love with my LX.

And Max707, fat chicks need lovin too man.
Old 12-11-06, 05:36 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
Well some suvs are fast and sporty. Like a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, 0-60 in under 4.8 seconds. 520hp...yeah thats a fast and sporty truck but costs $120k+. Speed aside, the LX is my favorite SUV. The only other SUV i would want would be the Cayenne, because im such a porsche fan.

Hopefully the new LX570 or whatever it shall be called will help that performance aspect, however keep the full luxury and reliablility i have grown to love with my LX.

And Max707, fat chicks need lovin too man.
Your right but she is a FAT girl that can run real fast I agree on the Porsche, had a 944, 911 and 928S4 so you can see I am also a fan. But I love LC/LX's - I'd call them NFL linemen.
Old 12-11-06, 11:34 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Yeah we just sold our 1991 911 Carrera 4. I always said, if there was a car that combined the luxury and reliability of my LX, and the speed of the Porsche, i would be a happy man. Then the Cayenne came out and I was happy till i found out they broke left and right.

Hopefully the new LX is much more sporty in her lifestyle, but elegant in her fashion.
Old 12-19-06, 06:04 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Unhappy

Spoke to a lexus dealer in chicago suburb yesterday about the lx570. According to general sales mgr., he is under the impression that there will be NO LX570 available for purchase until mid 2008. In other words, it would not be avaiable in 2007 at all. It would be a 2008 model. Of course this is only speculation, but he said he was quite confident it would not pop up in 2007, or would it be at any of the auto shows this year. He also told me that when the LX was originally put out, it went on sale in mid year---not the preceding year...so there is a history of this happening with lexus. Depressing speculation this was for me.
Old 12-19-06, 09:47 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

its coming in december 2007 as a 2008 model

Quick Reply: Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)