LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus LX570 to debut at NYIAS

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 11:18 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Oy...I think I like the exterior of the current generation better! I'll hold off though till I see it next week. The interior and safety features are nice though!

Last edited by LexusChris; 04-05-07 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-05-07, 11:22 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Interior seems pretty excellent, however exterior is very bland.
Old 04-05-07, 11:25 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the rear better than what the current one has. The interior looks very nice and it is good to know that finally someone brings the front blind spot cameras to North America. It has been seen in some of the Japanese domestic models.
Old 04-05-07, 11:28 AM
jasonm641
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't able to get into the news conference until more than half-way through....does someone have a summary of what was discussed?
Old 04-05-07, 11:50 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
Interior seems pretty excellent, however exterior is very bland.

I have to agree about the exterior. The Front definitely looks bland and I don't think the L-Finese is working very well with the exterior fo the car. The back of the car has some style but without seeing it in person, it's hard to say. The interior, of course, looks gorgeous. Lexus always does a nice job with the interior. Unfortunately, I'm not excited about the fact that the wheelbase didn't stretch at all. That means the 3rd row seats will be very tight and only for kids. Hopefully, Lexus has an extended or stretch version that they'll introduce at some point. If not, Lexus will definitely lose more customers because they'll be going to GMC Denali XL and the Chevy Suburbans for the full 7 or 8 passenger needs.

If not Lexus, then I hope the new Landcruiser will offer an extended or stretch version. Finger crossed.
Old 04-05-07, 12:21 PM
jdmlx470
Driver School Candidate

my 2 cents...overall I think it looks very nice...new generation with the L-Finesse. I know others of you arent pleased but what can you expect for an SUV. Its a bigger and bulkier platform. the front exterior looks nice, but I have to get used to the rear. I agree with that the rear is a little bulky and I think Lexus could do something better..but Interior is amazing..looks very nice.

_mikey
Old 04-05-07, 12:35 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonm641
I wasn't able to get into the news conference until more than half-way through....does someone have a summary of what was discussed?
http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases...T2007040419919
Old 04-05-07, 01:42 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LC80/LX450 is still a better looking 4x4 out there, the LX470 was a bit of a step down design-wise. The LX570 is again a step down as far as it looks from outside. Internally though they were doing jsut the opposite - LX470 was a very good improvement over the LX450, and the LX570 sounds like will be a good step up again. Such a strange trend. But I think it is all matter of your perspective. I also don't like that it has gotten a bit bigger, especially without change to the wheelbase. I would rather see same wheelbase, and make the body tiny bit smaller. Most likely they feel they have to cater for the US market. Ideally they should have done a dedicated US-only SUV on Tundra or something, and leave the Land Cruiser line for those who care about the off-road capabilities and premium interior for the rest of the world.

I need to see it in person, but I'm inclined to upgrade me 98 to the 2006/7 model and hold on to it until the next iteration comes out in 8-12 years
Old 04-05-07, 02:01 PM
jasonm641
Driver School Candidate

i do think that having the 3rd row of seats not be removable (that is the way it appears because of the way their base is anchored into the floor) is an amazing oversight / mistake. the 3rd row in the current generation is an amazing pain in the a$$, but at least it can be removed to allow for maximum storage space. these seats just eat up room when they are folded. will it be possible to fit multiple golf bags back there?
Old 04-05-07, 02:34 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AKoch
LC80/LX450 is still a better looking 4x4 out there, the LX470 was a bit of a step down design-wise. The LX570 is again a step down as far as it looks from outside. Internally though they were doing jsut the opposite - LX470 was a very good improvement over the LX450, and the LX570 sounds like will be a good step up again. Such a strange trend.
Interesting observation, perhaps a more pronounced pattern like what the ES went through.
Old 04-05-07, 03:51 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Interesting observation, perhaps a more pronounced pattern like what the ES went through."

Yes, identical. It is interesting to see that some people do notice.
Old 04-05-07, 04:01 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

^^^
Well it takes a perceptive individual with good memory and logical analysis...

Months ago around the debut of the ES 350 I posted a thread detailing in my view the cyclic pattern of interior/exterior styling changes with the generations of ES sedans...
Old 04-05-07, 04:38 PM
Lexusman44
Driver

I like it..Are the 3rd and 2nd row seats power fold or recline...because it said power in the press release...

Lexusman44
Old 04-05-07, 05:25 PM
toyotafan2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jasonm641
i do think that having the 3rd row of seats not be removable (that is the way it appears because of the way their base is anchored into the floor) is an amazing oversight / mistake. the 3rd row in the current generation is an amazing pain in the a$$, but at least it can be removed to allow for maximum storage space. these seats just eat up room when they are folded. will it be possible to fit multiple golf bags back there?
I am sure Jason, power-foldable seats that fold flat onto the floor without sacrificing cargo volume. You should have no problem with placing multiple golf bags, cargo crates, suitcases, backpacks, and what not into the rear. Again, the exterior I thought was a little odd, still attractive, but the Land Cruiser look from 99-07 undoubtedly superior and sexier than this one. Looks Volkswagen Touareg-esque sort of, but it's manageable. I wonder how the gas-mileage is gonna be with this beast, let-alone an LX 570L, jesus christ, it may be pushin' single digits in city... . $70,000+ USD, a little steep, but more affordable than the German and British/American counter part, will be a good selling automobile for the next 10 years+. Question is, will it be the benchmark of luxury sports utility vehicles and be the segment leader? Remains to be seen, stay tuned...
Old 04-06-07, 02:55 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toyotafan2
I am sure Jason, power-foldable seats that fold flat onto the floor without sacrificing cargo volume.
no, they will not be fold flat into the floor

Quick Reply: Lexus LX570 to debut at NYIAS