LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus LX570 to debut at NYIAS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-07, 06:29 PM
Lexusman44
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the 3rd and 2nd row seats recline And move foward and back?

Lexusman44
Old 04-06-07, 07:20 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

all i know is that the 2nd row is power slide and the 3rd row is power fold, which will be up like it is now along the sides of the rear, from what i understand
Old 04-07-07, 04:53 AM
toyotafan2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jjbodean
all i know is that the 2nd row is power slide and the 3rd row is power fold, which will be up like it is now along the sides of the rear, from what i understand
Which means one seat may or may not has to go on the floor, I don't know if all 3 seats can fold up against the sides like that. You wouldn't lose space really, as long as they don't stick out beyond a foot, then you have problems. I don't know what would be so hard about making space underneath the floor so this problem wouldn't crop up. Hopefully this issue will not hinder sales, and the ultimate version will likely be LX 570L, possible hybrid later on? Will LX take sales from Escalade, as it is designed now to do so.
Old 04-07-07, 05:09 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toyotafan2
Which means one seat may or may not has to go on the floor, I don't know if all 3 seats can fold up against the sides like that. You wouldn't lose space really, as long as they don't stick out beyond a foot, then you have problems. I don't know what would be so hard about making space underneath the floor so this problem wouldn't crop up.
the 3rd row doesnt fold into the floor now, it stows against the sides of the rear cargo area. the new 3rd row is to do the same, except it will be power and non-removable, based on info i received in november.

the reasoning is because of all the heavy duty suspension components underneath this area of the vehicle wont allow for the space needed for fold-flat seating, and since the vehicle is still based on the land cruiser, the land cruiser setup dictates what we get in this market.
Old 04-07-07, 05:58 AM
toyotafan2
Driver School Candidate

the 3rd row doesnt fold into the floor now, it stows against the sides of the rear cargo area. the new 3rd row is to do the same, except it will be power and non-removable, based on info i received in november.

the reasoning is because of all the heavy duty suspension components underneath this area of the vehicle wont allow for the space needed for fold-flat seating, and since the vehicle is still based on the land cruiser, the land cruiser setup dictates what we get in this market.
So whatever space underneath is wasted over suspension and a full-size spare, couldn't they have tried to make a compartment mounted on the sides so they're out of the way.
Old 04-07-07, 07:29 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

If you need a thrid row of seats get a mini van The ones they had 98-2007 were great because you can just take them out and store them in the house.
Old 04-07-07, 07:43 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toyotafan2
couldn't they have tried to make a compartment mounted on the sides so they're out of the way.
kind of like the hummer h2 has? no, i dont think so - terrible idea
Old 04-07-07, 12:05 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
If you need a thrid row of seats get a mini van The ones they had 98-2007 were great because you can just take them out and store them in the house.
This is where mine spent 70% of the time, in the storage. Yes, this is a very valuable feature to be able to take them out.
Old 04-07-07, 06:00 PM
cheffron
Driver School Candidate

I found this link:
It should answer most of your questions regarding interior configuration.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Images?p...Autoshow&st=kw
Old 04-07-07, 08:52 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by cheffron
I found this link:
It should answer most of your questions regarding interior configuration.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Images?p...Autoshow&st=kw

Toyota/Lexus really screwed up the design of the LX570. It looks common and cheap on the outside.
Old 04-08-07, 12:36 PM
GXS
Driver School Candidate

Now we also know why no spy photos were leaked/made: It's too ugly!
Old 04-08-07, 01:27 PM
Lexusman44
Driver

Is the RSES 9 inch screen like the LS? Is it power fold? And did they move the location of the dvd changer from the current location in the third row? That is a pain.....
Old 04-08-07, 08:53 PM
h2o_247
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hi,

i found the press conference video on youtube.

Clicky Here

hope this won't be a repost.

enjoy,

h2o_247
Old 04-08-07, 10:32 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

just watched that youtube, LX570 sounds a million times better than the LX470
Old 04-09-07, 12:34 AM
LuvLuxury
Driver

So do the 3rd row seats remain in the vehicle at all times? Can we no longer take them out?

At first I'll have to admit that I was disgusted with this new LX570. After watching the video and seeing it "in motion" and in real time video - I'm going to put a deposit down as soon as possible. I still want to see it in real life in various colors.

I've been waiting to upgrade my current LX stable (fathers 2002, and my 2003) for a long time now. Originally I was going to go with a supercharged Range Rover (White) but I might have to wait again....

PS- What are the chances that TRD will build a supercharger for this vehicle? What #'s would one suspect?

LL

Quick Reply: Lexus LX570 to debut at NYIAS