LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 12:39 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so will this be in a music video soon?

OK, I just had to do it
Old 04-05-07, 12:41 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

is it me, or this basically just and "refereshed" old LX470 with new tech, styling and shoehorning in the new Tundra's HO V8 engine? Somewhat disappointed....
Old 04-05-07, 12:41 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lexus.com pics of the interior look dazzling.

To compare, pics of the Escalade:

Old 04-05-07, 12:46 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

The LX interior is great but, in all honesty, there is something nice and even a bit tasteful about the cleanness of the Escalade's dash and door panels. The LX interior, while beautifully crafted, seems a bit overwrought in comparison. Who would have thought the Lexus would out bling the Caddy?
Old 04-05-07, 12:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
is it me, or this basically just and "refereshed" old LX470 with new tech, styling and shoehorning in the new Tundra's HO V8 engine? Somewhat disappointed....
what part was left from LX470?
Old 04-05-07, 12:56 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
The LX interior is great but, in all honesty, there is something nice and even a bit tasteful about the cleanness of the Escalade's dash and door panels. The LX interior, while beautifully crafted, seems a bit overwrought in comparison. Who would have thought the Lexus would out bling the Caddy?
The Escalade's interior looks "merely adequate" while the LX 570's interior is overwrought with luxury and craftsmanship. The brushed aluminum look combined with the exclusive wood matches very well on the LX. The Escalade's door panels are virtually the same as the Tahoe and Yukon, and the centre console in the Escalade doesn't look luxurious at all.

I don't know about you, but many buyers in this segment who pay large amounts of money for these SUVs expect overwrought luxury and craftsmanship. If I was buying an SUV in this segment, I would expect the same. I would also expect the SUV to be able to do everything well, such as go off-roading, something the Escalade cannot do well at all.

Objectively, this beats the Escalade in almost every way, except maybe for straight-line performance. Styling is subjective. GM no doubt won't be happy to know the LX 570 has a higher tow rating than the Escalade.
Old 04-05-07, 12:58 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I think I rather sit in the escalade than the lx570. I'm not really liking the route lexus has taken the LX.
Old 04-05-07, 12:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The LX use of brushed metal is nice!!!
Old 04-05-07, 01:00 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

IMHO, I find it disgraceful, and a slap in the face that GM has such a poorly done interior on the Escalade. I for one would be outraged if I was buying an Escalade only to see the centre console looks like it came out of a Malibu or Impala.
Old 04-05-07, 01:03 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The Escalade's interior looks "merely adequate" while the LX 570's interior is overwrought with luxury and craftsmanship. The brushed aluminum look combined with the exclusive wood matches very well on the LX. The Escalade's door panels are virtually the same as the Tahoe and Yukon, and the centre console in the Escalade doesn't look luxurious at all.

I don't know about you, but many buyers in this segment who pay large amounts of money for these SUVs expect overwrought luxury and craftsmanship. If I was buying an SUV in this segment, I would expect the same. I would also expect the SUV to be able to do everything well, such as go off-roading, something the Escalade cannot do well at all.

Objectively, this beats the Escalade in almost every way, except maybe for straight-line performance. Styling is subjective. GM no doubt won't be happy to know the LX 570 has a higher tow rating than the Escalade.

I can't dispute anything you've said. it's just that to me the overwroughtness in the LX is in the design and not so much the construction. No doubt the Lexus will be superior in build quality...but the dash is a bit too button and texture happy and borders on garish while the Escalade is more tasteful and sophisticated. That's just my opinion though.
Old 04-05-07, 01:07 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

More comparison pics:

Old 04-05-07, 01:08 PM
Milla...

I still hate it, every time I see it irritates me. Interior is very nice, although busy its much better than the current one I have to give it that.

But why is it that when I look at the dash I see Transformer like shapes.

Old 04-05-07, 01:10 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
I can't dispute anything you've said. it's just that to me the overwroughtness in the LX is in the design and not so much the construction. No doubt the Lexus will be superior in build quality...but the dash is a bit too button and texture happy and borders on garish while the Escalade is more tasteful and sophisticated. That's just my opinion though.
I respect people's opinions, and I don't mind the layout of the Escalade's interior ... it's the execution and choice of materials that really gets me.

Even the LX470 has somewhat of an overwrought interior compared to the Escalade.
Old 04-05-07, 01:11 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Milla...
I still hate it, every time I see it irritates me. Interior is very nice, although busy its much better than the current one I have to give it that.

But why is it that when I look at the dash I see Transformer like shapes.

I think Lexus wanted the centre console to look futuristic and indicative of advanced technology.
Old 04-05-07, 01:12 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

^^ LOL I see it too.

Perhaps they want to go back to the 80s design I'm a fan of interior with curves. Straight lines everywhere looks outdated to me. Though some people like it so it's a win-win for lexus

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)