LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 01:13 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the inside a LOT. I also like the Escalade's interior a LOT. The materials in the LX I'm sure are substantially better, and they look nicer, too, but looking at the fact that I can get an Escalade right now for under 50k and I'd be shocked if I can find an LX570 for under 75k... I tend to expect more when I'm paying 50% more in price.
Old 04-05-07, 01:13 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
More comparison pics:

We just have subjective differences because the new pictures confirm my feelings that the Escalade's interior, while probably not as well put together as the LX, is more refined and elegant from a design standpoint. That dufus and backwards, column shifter looks bad though.
Old 04-05-07, 01:16 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

nws ads

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...debut-at-nyias
Old 04-05-07, 01:17 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
We just have subjective differences because the new pictures confirm my feelings that the Escalade's interior, while probably not as well put together as the LX, is more refined and elegant from a design standpoint.
Differences in opinion. I find the LX interior to be more elegant, luxurious, and overwrought, but that is exactly the type of interior I expect in a vehicle like this.
Old 04-05-07, 01:20 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Milla...

But why is it that when I look at the dash I see Transformer like shapes.
hahaha, funny yet true. I see where you're coming from.
Old 04-05-07, 01:23 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Threxx
I like the inside a LOT. I also like the Escalade's interior a LOT. The materials in the LX I'm sure are substantially better, and they look nicer, too, but looking at the fact that I can get an Escalade right now for under 50k and I'd be shocked if I can find an LX570 for under 75k... I tend to expect more when I'm paying 50% more in price.
And price is still a mystery regarding the LX 570. It will no doubt have a huge amount of standard, as well as optional features. The Escalade pales in comparison to the features and options.

Yes, you can get an Escalade for under 50K, but optioned-up it can reach over 60K. But the LX has always been quite a bit more expensive than the Escalade, although in this segment, looking at the target market, people are willing to pay more.

Higher price at least in terms of Cadillac interiors is not indicative of a better interior. The Cadillac XLR-V for example costs close to 100K, yet it's interior is very poor for a car in that price range.

If the Escalade cost as much as an LX, I doubt the interior would be much improved.
Old 04-05-07, 01:24 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.autospies.com/news/NEW-YO...ew-Look-13959/
Old 04-05-07, 01:35 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

ULEV II ... 30 mpg ?
Old 04-05-07, 01:41 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

30mpg? The LS460 can't even do that and this LX570 probably weighs as much as an elephant!

I predict it's going to be around 15/21
Threxx
Lexus Champion

And price is still a mystery regarding the LX 570. It will no doubt have a huge amount of standard, as well as optional features. The Escalade pales in comparison to the features and options.
Well if it's like the LS - it'll go way up. What's the current one? 67k without any options?

Yes, you can get an Escalade for under 50K, but optioned-up it can reach over 60K.
True, and I won't be surprised if the new LX will crest 85k loaded up.

But the LX has always been quite a bit more expensive than the Escalade, although in this segment, looking at the target market, people are willing to pay more.
I dunno... it depends what segment you're looking at. If you're looking at the guys who are getting a loaded Tahoe or Seq and consider moving upmarket to the Escalade for another 10 grand... those guys might be able to justify the 10 grand from the better warranty, powertrain, amenities, etc but the same guys would probably choke at the thought of throwing out 80 grand. A jump from 45 to 55 isn't too bad. A jump from 45 to 80 is nearly double.
The guys who are already considering the LX and have no issues with affording it - yeah they probably won't look at the Escalade's lower price as too much of a selling point and will instead go with which one they like better, price be damned, which will most likely be the LX.

Higher price at least in terms of Cadillac interiors is not indicative of a better interior. The Cadillac XLR-V for example costs close to 100K, yet it's interior is very poor for a car in that price range.
I see Cadillac going through a new age of dramatically improved interior design. Everything that has received a ground up redesign from model year 2007 on forward has been dramatically better than the redesigns of just a couple years prior. The XLR and XLR-V were interiors designed well before that mark. I believe the next time we see that car redesigned (if they don't cancel it altogether) it will be dramatically better looking. As for now, I agree it looks like complete crap for a 100k dollar car.

If the Escalade cost as much as an LX, I doubt the interior would be much improved.
That's kind of a bold statement. I'd say the current Escalade is a very cost-effective vehicle. I don't think GM is cocky enough to just slap a 50% increase on the price of the Escalade and not improve it dramatically.
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

IMHO, I find it disgraceful, and a slap in the face that GM has such a poorly done interior on the Escalade. I for one would be outraged if I was buying an Escalade only to see the centre console looks like it came out of a Malibu or Impala.

How much actual time have you spent in the Escalade?

As an owner of a '07 Escalade, I find your comments amusing. The interior of the new Escalade is quite nice...minus the fake wood

One other benefit is that after 7 months, the Escalade is rattle free. My GS? It's downright noisy in comparison. However, I do find the new LX interior very nice based on the pictures.

No doubt the LX570 will be a fantastic SUV and great seller, but the competition is tight in the luxury SUV segment.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-05-07 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Calling someone a Fanboy is a personal attack
Old 04-05-07, 01:45 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.thecarlounge.net/gallery/...LX570&start=0#
Old 04-05-07, 01:48 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
30mpg? The LS460 can't even do that and this LX570 probably weighs as much as an elephant!

I predict it's going to be around 15/21
wishful thinking

One thing I am scared to see what the price will be here in Canada *bites nails*

2007 LX470
$67k USD
$100k CAD

2008 LX570 (approx.)
$73k USD
$110K CAD

Me want hybrid LX, hmm hopefully the 2009 will be a hybrid (I know been saying it all day) lol
Old 04-05-07, 01:50 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
How much actual time have you spent in the Escalade?

As an owner of a '07 Escalade, I find your comments amusing. The interior of the new Escalade is quite nice...minus the fake wood

One other benefit is that after 7 months, the Escalade is rattle free. My GS? It's downright noisy in comparison. However, I do find the new LX interior very nice based on the pictures.

No doubt the LX570 will be a fantastic SUV and great seller, but the competition is tight in the luxury SUV segment.

How much actual time have I spent in the Escalade? A lot actually. One of my friends owns a 2007 Escalade. I've driven it, and thoroughly examined the interior.

I was very dissapointed with the interior, and after driving it for a while, I wasn't impressed with it's ride quality either. It's also dissapointing that such a big SUV has very limited off-road capability.

The interior is only slighter better than that of a Tahoe or Yukon, and you can get both of those for a lot less than the Escalade.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-05-07 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Calling someone a fanboy is a personal attack
Old 04-05-07, 02:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

its pretty much like saying that someone preffers Malibu interior over LS's, since it is simple... except for fake wood in Malibu

:P

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)