LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 02:01 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been a Lexus owner since '98 and a member of CL for many years. In addition to my GS, there's also a '00 RX300 and a '06 LS430 in the family.

Do I like Lexus? Yes. Do I have blind loyalty to the brand? No.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-05-07 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Edited
Old 04-05-07, 02:02 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say the exterior ... I am getting used to it now lol
Old 04-05-07, 02:04 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Can you objectively say the 2007 Escalade has an incredible interior? Can you honestly say the LX 570 does not have an amazing interior?
I can honestly objectively say the Escalade had the best looking interior of any Luxury class SUV on the market out today (including the Mercedes G, though I understand that's preference), until this new LX came out.

The LX interior most definitely 1-ups it... heck, "2-ups" if you will. But that still, to me, doesn't mean the Escalade's looks bad. It's just no longer the best. And considering that by the time the LX goes up for sale the Escalade will have been out for almost 2 years, and considering the Escalade features a price tag nearly 20 grand lower, I'd say the designers at Caddy should feel no shame. Their budget was smaller, and their time frame shorter. That's what happens in this industry. Being runner up to a vehicle almost 2 years newer and 20k more expensive is really nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 04-05-07, 02:06 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think different wheels really help the design. While I know this is a poor edit, here is my change:

my edit:
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)-lx2.jpg  
Old 04-05-07, 02:07 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Threxx
Not that we should be dismayed by somebody with a preference or liking for Toyota/Lexus products - look at which board we're on. But there's a line between appreciating a car and worshiping an entire brand as though it can do no wrong.
Agreed
Old 04-05-07, 02:09 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

]

FYI, I have no real interest in the ES; the styling could have been better inside and out (even if I understand why the car was styled the way it was). I think the styling of the GS, inside and out, can be greatly improved, even though it looks good. I also have little interest or enthusiasm about the GX, even though it's a good overall midsize SUV. Then there is the current SC430; I like the interior, but I find the exterior to be weird and disproportionate.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-05-07 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 02:10 PM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The interior is only slighter better than that of a Tahoe or Yukon, and you can get both of those for a lot less than the Escalade.

And if you think a Caddy XLR-V has poor interior for cars in this price range, try sit in a Ferrari.

oh, wait, I forgot that the "look" and "feel" part are subjective and there's no right or wrong answer...
Old 04-05-07, 02:12 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I can honestly objectively say the Escalade had the best looking interior of any Luxury class SUV on the market out today (including the Mercedes G, though I understand that's preference), until this new LX came out.

The LX interior most definitely 1-ups it... heck, "2-ups" if you will. But that still, to me, doesn't mean the Escalade's looks bad. It's just no longer the best. And considering that by the time the LX goes up for sale the Escalade will have been out for almost 2 years, and considering the Escalade features a price tag nearly 20 grand lower, I'd say the designers at Caddy should feel no shame. Their budget was smaller, and their time frame shorter. That's what happens in this industry. Being runner up to a vehicle almost 2 years newer and 20k more expensive is really nothing to be ashamed of.
Would say say simply best-looking, or an incredible interior overall?

It's a difference of opinion in this case. I find the Escalade interior looks decent, but nothing spectacular. It's even worse for me everytime I actually sit inside an Escalade.
Old 04-05-07, 02:13 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JZA80MHU38

And if you think a Caddy XLR-V has poor interior for cars in this price range, try sit in a Ferrari.

oh, wait, I forgot that the "look" and "feel" part are subjective and there's no right or wrong answer...
We're getting off topic here, but I will quickly mention a lot of Ferraris have some horrible interiors for the price range. I myself would likely never buy a Ferrari, unless I was very rich and used just as a weekend toy. More specifically, I would never ever drive a Ferrari daily, even if I owned one.
Old 04-05-07, 02:14 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I think different wheels really help the design. While I know this is a poor edit, here is my change:

my edit:
It definitely looks better with those wheels . Let's hope Lexus offers something like that.
Old 04-05-07, 02:16 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually agree. I sat in the new Escalade a few weeks ago at the auto show, and while it's a huge step forward for Cadillac, the truck still has a ways to go to match even the current LX and the GL. Wood is cheap looking and fake, and the plastics could be a bit better. I also do not care for column shifters, as it's reminiscent of much older cars IMO, and you don't have the ability to shift sequentially if you want to. The design is a lot better, and very elegant too. The materials though, are better but not "great".
Old 04-05-07, 02:38 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I love how the new Escalade looks. It's absolutely gorgeous. I have no idea about how the interior tho. But I think Range Rover has the best interior in terms of quality until this new LX comes out.

I want a SUV with X5's driving dynamic, LX's off roading capability and it's interior, the elegance of the Range Rover, and lastly the price of Escalade.
Old 04-05-07, 02:50 PM
LexFather

Ladies and Gents, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. We are taking about this SUV, the LX 570, not people. I edited a bunch of posts and didn't warn anyone b/c I am sure we will move on.

My 2 cents, I find the new LX and LS interior busier than any Lexus interior before, no doubt due to all the new technology they pack. They are I am sure the best or the near best built cars ever made.

I actually find the 07 Escalade interior nice and IMO, it does "flow" better than the pics of the LX. From a design standpoint, I find it easier on the eyes and I think its a really good interior.
Old 04-05-07, 02:58 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow... Toyota went back to their distinctive fold-away 3rd row seating. Good for them! The interior looks great and so does the front. The rear looks exactly like those spyshots we've seen. A little too much chrome around the lights imo. It's eerily similar to the Highlander.
Old 04-05-07, 03:03 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JessePS
ULEV II ... 30 mpg ?
No. It simply means the engine is very clean in terms of emissions. All of Toyota's new engines are (at least) ULEV-II rated. Even the engine in the IS-F is supposed to be ULEV-II rated .

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)