LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 06:34 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm guessing Lexus Night Vision has been discontinued. But the new LS has a night vision computer system with the PCS.
Old 04-05-07, 06:37 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enigma888
I'm guessing Lexus Night Vision has been discontinued. But the new LS has a night vision computer system with the PCS.
Night vision computer system with the PCS...I've never heard of it. What is that?

With the S-Class touting the night vision system and Toyota's own Crown Majesta getting it too, one has to wonder why Lexus's latest models are leaving this "high-cool-factor" option out.
Old 04-05-07, 06:40 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its like trying to get excited going to a strip club on amatur night...I just can't get a rise outta this
Come on Mike, is the "distinctive" 3rd row not doing it for you? Maybe we should call it "3rd world" 3rd row....

Hey, just think of what they might be doing to the RX.....that should keep you up at night!
Old 04-05-07, 06:40 PM
LexFather

Night vision is useless. I think Caddy discontinued it from its old Deville.
Old 04-05-07, 06:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
I'd be disappointed even if this is just the next Land Cruiser

Let's hope the interior & the rest are more encouraging . . .
It certainly looks like a glorified land cruiser.. Lexus seems like they really didn't change much of the design.. THey shouldn't just focus on there sedans they should put more effort into the SUV's. With gas prices going up the roof again i think they should make a hybrid of some sort and go from there..
Old 04-05-07, 06:58 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Night vision computer system with the PCS...I've never heard of it. What is that?

With the S-Class touting the night vision system and Toyota's own Crown Majesta getting it too, one has to wonder why Lexus's latest models are leaving this "high-cool-factor" option out.
It's my own terminology . Basically, infared night vision cameras are part of the Lexus Pre-Crash/Pre-Collision system on the LS 460, but only the onboard computer can access it. There is no way for the driver to see the night vision screen (maybe it distracts? Yet the CM has it?).
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)-lexus-ls-safety.jpg  
Old 04-05-07, 07:36 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
Two things does it still have night vision and does it have adaptive headlights like the RX?
Press release says it does have adaptive headlights.
Old 04-05-07, 07:37 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Press release says it does have adaptive headlights.
noice didnt have time to read everything word for word
Old 04-05-07, 07:50 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spwolf
as I said before, Toyota had production system on sale and on roads for at least last 3 years :-)
Last time I checked (10 minutes before this post), the one in the Corolla just involves a single back-up camera which utilizes the parking lanes to "assist" with the parking job.

From Toyota's website:

"The Toyota Corolla Verso also incorporates the practical Parking Assist system. Through the use of a compact rear camera, the driver can view colour images of the back, which are complemented by helpful guiding lines. These lines auxiliate the driver in parking manoeuvres, both for serial and parallel parking. This system incorporates also a special mode for tight parking places."

The Infiniti EX system uses FOUR different cameras and provides a birds-eye view of the car. Infiniti's system is superior in every aspect and will be exclusive when it hits the market. The system has already been confirmed to go into production with the EX this fall.

As for the LX, I can't help but think how much the front lights look like the Honda mini-van.

I also really don't like the side-profile of the rear. Toyota is doing this extended rear-quarter panel on all their new SUV's it seems like (Rav-4, new Highlander and now LX570) and it is ugly IMO.
Old 04-05-07, 08:11 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its like trying to get excited going to a strip club on amatur night...I just can't get a rise outta this
No joke, amateur night is the BEST night to go to the strip club. The girls are usually just girls off the street, which means you can say whatever you want to them without the bouncers getting involved, and you don't have to pay them. You probably have a better chance of going home with one too, because she's not 'at work' in the club. I went to amateur night all the time last summer, it was great
Old 04-05-07, 08:28 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/N...how-53/page22/
Old 04-05-07, 08:30 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by doug_999
Ok, just to make sure I got the count right...
Three people here love it and everyone else hates it....do I understand this correctly?

Yes, because everyone thinks only in absolutes .

The overall consensus seems to be a mixed one on the exterior, but almost everyone seems to like the interior.

And is that perforated leather I am seeing for the third row ?
Old 04-05-07, 08:37 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by genearch
Everything I could have imagined... and quite a bit uglier
What is confidence inspiring about this new LX is people love to buy ugly cars, so it might just fair well.

I find it bland and just "yaaaawn", not ugly.
Old 04-05-07, 08:48 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

According to the press release, the "Lexus Intuitive Park Assist" will be available as an option, so it looks like it will have the park assist from the LS460 combined with blind spot camera monitors. The Infiniti EX may have the blind spot monitors, but you can't get park assist on it.
Old 04-05-07, 09:05 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I like it. When did anyone purchase an LX due to it's style? It has always been the function that lies underneath that made the LX/LC the icon it is and this appears to continue the philosophy even if most do not take it off road. Nice job Lexus;another winner for sure.

OK, now time for me to unsubsribe from this thread.

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)