LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 10:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by JessePS
One thing why didn't Porsche make the Cayenne's as reliable as the 911's?
Gonna go with Enigma here and say it being VW based was an electrical crapterpiece waiting to happen.
Old 04-05-07, 11:59 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very disapointed, this is what we waited all this time for? They should have borrowed Escalade's exterior styling cues instead instead of the gauge cluster, should have borrowed Navigator's independent rear suspension and power fold third row instead of the taillights, butt ugly exterior styling and third row jump seats from 20 years ago, all this for 80K +! Maybe this thing will grow on me but right now I don't see it.
Old 04-06-07, 12:45 AM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

honestly though whats with all the hate towards this car. its a great transition from the previous gen. its not hideous and i think it suits the car perfectly because the target consumers are not the type that demands a flashy sporty looking SUV. a conservative but yet updated looking SUV that can easily transport the entire family in luxury is a perfect fit for the LX. i seriously can picture moms or a family man driving one of these.
Old 04-06-07, 01:26 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

front and sides look good. back looks like the highlander which is a bad thing.
Old 04-06-07, 02:53 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DoingDamag
IS-F. You will not convince M3 drivers to switch over.
True but they will try to convince potential M3 drivers that probably wont be able to afford new M3 equally equipped as IS-F.

Anyway i agree 100% with you on new LX. I think it will be THE ultimate luxury offroader rivaled only by LR in offroad capabilyt department but in everything else LX will remain out of reach for many competitors for quite some time
Old 04-06-07, 07:39 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Actually Porsches are very reliable...
I thought you'd unsubscribed to this thread?
Old 04-06-07, 07:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The Escalade's interior looks "merely adequate"
IMHO, I find it disgraceful, and a slap in the face that GM has such a poorly done interior on the Escalade.
I was very dissapointed with the interior, ...
I find the Escalade interior looks decent, but nothing spectacular.
Thank you Cybil. So which is it?

The overall consensus seems to be a mixed one on the exterior, but almost everyone seems to like the interior.

And is that perforated leather I am seeing for the third row ?
If you don't work in Public Relations you missed your calling. Spun the results in the first sentence (I'd say the overwhelming concensus on this thread is that the exterior is fugly), and changed the subject to something more positive in the second. Man, you're good.
Old 04-06-07, 07:50 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

My $0.02... The last (current) LX470 is not really a thing of beauty on the outside but it seems styled for its 'function' to me.

This new LX470 however, is an abomination, a 'Frankenstein' of styles. It's a RAV4/ES/LS/Highlander cross breed on bad steroids.

The interior looks 'impressive', but I'd say it's OVERWHELMING with buttons, surfaces, and bling. While the materials may be nicer than an Escalade's, average customers are going to need a week's training class to figure it all out.

This is the vehicle for those who want 'the most toys' but have no taste.

Range Rover, Q7, Escalade, all better.

Having said that, as Lexus has systematically ruined the styling of its vehicles except for the new LS (IMHO) they will no doubt climb to higher sales levels, as BMW did with their Bangled designs.

Ugly is the new 'it'.
Old 04-06-07, 08:06 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
My $0.02... The last (current) LX470 is not really a thing of beauty on the outside but it seems styled for its 'function' to me.

This new LX470 however, is an abomination, a 'Frankenstein' of styles. It's a RAV4/ES/LS/Highlander cross breed on bad steroids.

The interior looks 'impressive', but I'd say it's OVERWHELMING with buttons, surfaces, and bling. While the materials may be nicer than an Escalade's, average customers are going to need a week's training class to figure it all out.

This is the vehicle for those who want 'the most toys' but have no taste.

Range Rover, Q7, Escalade, all better.

Having said that, as Lexus has systematically ruined the styling of its vehicles except for the new LS (IMHO) they will no doubt climb to higher sales levels, as BMW did with their Bangled designs.

Ugly is the new 'it'.

thats very silly. That means that Malibu has better interior than LS, which is basically what you are comparing it to.

And if you have ever been in an Range Rover or drove one, you would have known that there are at least 100 switches there. Its interior is very intimidating to use...

I dont know what is with the 80k SUV needing to have Corolla interior deal going on here, but I find it very silly.
Old 04-06-07, 08:36 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see a lot of people are comparing it to LR and that's ok since LR is its best competition (on paper anyway) but Land Rover is the single worst manufacturer on planet. Their cars are really that BAD.

Everyone that mentions LR and its superiority really has little experience with them. Those cars are in shops constantly. Even if you are ignorant and say that those who have $80K to spend on SUV dont care about reliability and quality you can't argue that "those" for sure care about their time. And every time you have to take it to the shop or bring it back from one is a major hustle because you have to do it a lot!

LR suffers from big electrical and mechanical failures! But as the time goes you just get used on seeing various warning lights pop up.

Magazines can say whatever they want about LR and it's offroad/luxury superiority but owning and maintaining one is another story
Old 04-06-07, 08:46 AM
gs600
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks good. Compared to the ugly LX470, it looks fantastic!!
Old 04-06-07, 09:01 AM
LexFather

I'm looking at it more and some of it is starting to make sense. I am sure it will sell.
Old 04-06-07, 10:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
thats very silly. That means that Malibu has better interior than LS, which is basically what you are comparing it to.
I did not mention Malibu. I am saying Lexus needs to find a better way on ergonomics than zillions of buttons. How about improving their voice recognition for one. How about allowing some of those buttons to be hidden (GS started in this direction with the little pop out on the left side of the steering wheel on LHD models at least)?

And while I don't necessarily like a big column shifter like on an Escalade, I think Lexus needs to dump the traditional shifter on the center console in something like this behemoth. It would provide a cleaner look and more storage space. The 7 series mini-stalk may be a bit odd, but it keeps the interior cleaner.

I dont know what is with the 80k SUV needing to have Corolla interior deal going on here, but I find it very silly.
That's because you've interpreted what we're saying wrong.
Old 04-06-07, 10:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'm looking at it more and some of it is starting to make sense. I am sure it will sell.
So do camels. Good for a particular purpose but not for their looks.
Old 04-06-07, 10:16 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
So do camels. Good for a particular purpose but not for their looks.
Lol at bit.

Lexus has stated they will continue to use buttons and not go with a concept where men have to touch and turn ***** all day . So get used to the buttons!

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)