LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-07, 10:28 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Thank you Cybil. So which is it?

If you don't work in Public Relations you missed your calling. Spun the results in the first sentence (I'd say the overwhelming concensus on this thread is that the exterior is fugly), and changed the subject to something more positive in the second. Man, you're good.
The Escalade's interior layout is decent, the interior overall is "merely adequate", but it's also a slap in the face when you're paying that kind of money for a vehicle.
Old 04-06-07, 10:31 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

My $0.02... The last (current) LX470 is not really a thing of beauty on the outside but it seems styled for its 'function' to me.

This new LX470 however, is an abomination, a 'Frankenstein' of styles. It's a RAV4/ES/LS/Highlander cross breed on bad steroids.

The interior looks 'impressive', but I'd say it's OVERWHELMING with buttons, surfaces, and bling. While the materials may be nicer than an Escalade's, average customers are going to need a week's training class to figure it all out.

This is the vehicle for those who want 'the most toys' but have no taste.

Range Rover, Q7, Escalade, all better.

Having said that, as Lexus has systematically ruined the styling of its vehicles except for the new LS (IMHO) they will no doubt climb to higher sales levels, as BMW did with their Bangled designs.

Ugly is the new 'it'.
. I forgot, the Escalade is the epitome of taste. Is the Escalade's exaggerated exterior considered "tasteful"? Outside of rappers and celebrities, I don't think so.

The Audi Q7, that's tasteful. The Escalade?

But in the end, it's a matter of opinion.

If you have a better idea on how to implement all the functions and features of the LX in a easy-to-learn, convenient, and intuitive way in the interior, I'd sure love to hear it .

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 04-06-07 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-06-07, 10:33 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I did not mention Malibu. I am saying Lexus needs to find a better way on ergonomics than zillions of buttons. How about improving their voice recognition for one. How about allowing some of those buttons to be hidden (GS started in this direction with the little pop out on the left side of the steering wheel on LHD models at least)?
That is but only one opinion. Many GS owners in fact complained about that hidden compartment, saying they wanted many of those buttons in plain view for greater convenience.

If Lexus owners did not like the interiors, they would have changed them. German automakers continue to use "I-Drive" type interfaces, despite large criticism from their consumers.

Most consumers want lots of buttons, because the alternative is an "I-Drive" type system.
Old 04-06-07, 10:43 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly don't get why people think the interior has so many buttons. It has no more buttons than an IS, GS, or LS...
Old 04-06-07, 11:05 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
. I forgot, the Escalade is the epitome of taste. Is the Escalade's exaggerated exterior considered "tasteful"? Outside of rappers and celebrities, I don't think so.
That's the strange thing. I hated the last gen Escalade and never imagined I'd be driving one. But I love the over the top and aggressive styling of the current Escalade. Love it or hate it, but you can't call it boring.

I love the exterior of the Range Rover as well. One of the best looking SUVs IMO.

That is but only one opinion. Many GS owners in fact complained about that hidden compartment, saying they wanted many of those buttons in plain view for greater convenience.
Ha, that's so true.

After looking at the pics again, I'm still lukewarm about the LX570 exterior. But the interior is very, very nice.

Last edited by INHOCJP; 04-06-07 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-06-07, 11:44 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you look at the buttons on the dash of the LX, it is 3 horizontal rows. It's not overly hard to master IMO.

Yes, there also are both sides of the NAVI screen. But it's audio, A/C, etc. rows.
Old 04-06-07, 11:47 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by enigma888
If you look at the buttons on the dash of the LX, it is 3 horizontal rows. It's not overly hard to master IMO.

Yes, there also are both sides of the NAVI screen. But it's audio, A/C, etc. rows.
And I don't think you'll need a week to figure it all out
Old 04-06-07, 01:56 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Escalade lol, a rebadged Tahoe.
Old 04-06-07, 01:57 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I honestly don't get why people think the interior has so many buttons. It has no more buttons than an IS, GS, or LS...
the buttons are larger, so it must have more buttons.

Lexus owners complaining about egronomics, yet somehow they always top JD Powers. Oh yeah they're not complaining.

Last edited by Mr. Jones; 04-06-07 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-06-07, 02:36 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
Escalade lol, a rebadged Tahoe.
LX, lol, a rebadged LC.

At least GM goes to the effort of putting a dramatically improved powertrain in their Escalade to make it appeal over the Tahoe - rather than just depending on upgraded sound insulation, nicer leather, nicer trim, and a few extra toys.
Old 04-06-07, 03:11 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Threxx
LX, lol, a rebadged LC.

At least GM goes to the effort of putting a dramatically improved powertrain in their Escalade to make it appeal over the Tahoe - rather than just depending on upgraded sound insulation, nicer leather, nicer trim, and a few extra toys.
So where's the Landcruiser???

The 5.7L V8 will be available on all fullsize Toyota SUV's.

the Cadillac brand conscious GM fans justify paying an additional $20k on a vehicle because it has a couple more horses, when GM refuses to give the idential Tahoe a more powerful motor.

Or is it the Escalade's higher quality fake wood, coupled with modular GM controls pathetically "flowing" under a piece of black plastic??
Old 04-06-07, 03:40 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

If Lexus owners did not like the interiors, they would have changed them. German automakers continue to use "I-Drive" type interfaces, despite large criticism from their consumers.

Most consumers want lots of buttons, because the alternative is an "I-Drive" type system.
Rumor has it GS owners were tired of bashing their knees into the open compartment door. It was not one of Lexus' best ergonomic decisions.....
Old 04-06-07, 04:31 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
So where's the Landcruiser???
I'm sure it will be around here shortly.

the Cadillac brand conscious GM fans justify paying an additional $20k on a vehicle because it has a couple more horses
20k? LOL - that's the difference in price between the BASE model Tahoe and the Escalade. That's like me saying
"Lexus is charging twice the price for the ES350 for a couple more horses over the Camry." But a more realistic comparison is to equip them as comparably as possible.

And in that case the Escalade is only 7k more.
Oh, and "a couple horses" is more like 83 horses, full time AWD, and 6-speed auto vs 4-speed - and that's just the powertrain differences.

I'd say there's easily enough content to justify the 7k price increase for some consumers if they were already going to be buying the Tahoe LTZ.

when GM refuses to give the idential Tahoe a more powerful motor.
Wait - weren't you just complaining about GM not giving the Escalade enough added content to make it more than a rebadged Tahoe? So which is it? Make up your mind.

Or is it the Escalade's higher quality fake wood, coupled with modular GM controls pathetically "flowing" under a piece of black plastic??
Those are two things I would change about the Escalade for sure. The center stack is way too modular, and fake wood doesn't belong in a vehicle of that price. In fact most of the other caddy models use real wood, so I don't understand what they were thinking with the tahoe.
Old 04-06-07, 04:55 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

i doubt there will be big price difference between base LX and fully done LC200... both will be expensive

:-)
Old 04-06-07, 05:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
LX, lol, a rebadged LC.

ehm, few extra toys? For all purposes, LX is better equipped than best LS460 currently available.

But, thats only few extra toys

It is hillarious... apperantly, LX shouldnt have LS interior and LS options, it should have copied it from Rav4, and it would be much better and more stylish.

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)