LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-07, 05:05 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
ehm, few extra toys? For all purposes, LX is better equipped than best LS460 currently available.
Well, compare the price between the 'more toys than the best LS460' LX and the loaded up LC of this newest gen (when it is released). I bet it'll be quite large.

The current gen LC and LX have very little difference between them and consequentially the price isn't much too different either.

Oh... and I personally like the interior on the LX and haven't criticized its option packages at all - so I don't know if you were referring to me with that last comment, but if so, I don't get it.
Old 04-06-07, 05:57 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
I'm sure it will be around here shortly.
I agree, mechanically it should be identical, along w/the air suspension. But I bet it gets plastic lower body panels, and not nearly as much of the luxury.

And in that case the Escalade is only 7k more.
Oh, and "a couple horses" is more like 83 horses, full time AWD, and 6-speed auto vs 4-speed - and that's just the powertrain differences.

I'd say there's easily enough content to justify the 7k price increase for some consumers if they were already going to be buying the Tahoe LTZ.
$10k for HID's and the 6.2L. the 6spd auto will become universal. Hardly justified. Not to mention I believe the Escalade doesn't even offer telescoping steering.
Old 04-06-07, 06:02 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
$10k for HID's and the 6.2L. the 6spd auto will become universal. Hardly justified. Not to mention I believe the Escalade doesn't even offer telescoping steering.
I just said 7k - where did you get 10k? Yes the 6-speed will become universal. However, 83 horsepower is nothing to sneeze at, nor is full time all wheel drive, and a host of improvements more than just "HIDs".

7k isn't much more to pay for that kinda stuff - especially not at an already high price point.

The current-gen LC and LX are actually separated by right about 7 grand as well. And there's far less difference between them, too.
Old 04-06-07, 06:10 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Escalade awd (no low range, or center locking diff)
$58,125

Tahoe 4X4 w/20in
$48,305

Last edited by Mr. Jones; 04-06-07 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-06-07, 08:13 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

I just said 7k - where did you get 10k? Yes the 6-speed will become universal. However, 83 horsepower is nothing to sneeze at, nor is full time all wheel drive, and a host of improvements more than just "HIDs".

7k isn't much more to pay for that kinda stuff - especially not at an already high price point.
All good points Threxx, but save your breath, some people will never be convinced

All I know is that $7k or $10k, I found it was worth paying the premium. Even without all the aforementioned benefits, the styling of the Escalade justified the cost difference for me. And the service I get from my stand alone Caddy dealer is great. Although I'm not sure if it's the same at the combo GM/Caddy dealerships.

Back on topic, I'm wondering what the 0-60 times will be for the LX570
Old 04-06-07, 10:49 PM
*wishlist*
Driver

i like it

how can i see the reveal vid again?
Old 04-07-07, 06:42 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

someone remind me why are we comparing Escalade with LX? Nobody compared DTS to LS, yet.
Old 04-07-07, 07:40 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

I was expecting more. It looks ugly imo. The interior looks okay though
Old 04-07-07, 08:13 AM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
someone remind me why are we comparing Escalade with LX? Nobody compared DTS to LS, yet.
Because the Escalade is part of the luxury division of GM and the LX 570 is part of the luxury division of Toyota...
Old 04-07-07, 08:19 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Back on topic, I'm wondering what the 0-60 times will be for the LX570
tundra gets low 6 seconds for 0-60, pretty quick for a truck, guessing the LX maybe mid 6s
Old 04-07-07, 10:34 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
tundra gets low 6 seconds for 0-60, pretty quick for a truck, guessing the LX maybe mid 6s
That would be great. Although the LX470 is a great vehicle, it's definitely underpowered compared to the competition. Hope the LX570 will remedy this situation.
Old 04-07-07, 10:38 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

*sigh*

1) The engine should have been Direct Injection, if not to improve the power, then the fuel economy.
2) Why does this Premium, flagship SUV look like a bloated highlander with the LS front slapped on (and some RR in the hood) and a Lincoln Navigator rear?

Crap Lexus, you hit the nail on features, interior, heck even the powertrain is excellent though it isn't what it has the potential to be....how could you drop the ball sooo badly on the design?

The Interior is extremely impressive....can we have something to match for the exterior? Copy Range Rover, I don't care, just make my eyes hurt less.

Back to the drawing board, don't you dare release this looking the way it does now. Keep the body and change the front for a land cruiser if you must, but this is just unacceptable for the company that recently released the IS, GS & LS.

p.s. And the auto park feature? Why is it on the LS and not THIS?
Old 04-07-07, 11:06 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Well, this new exterior is not boxy anymore that's for sure.
It does have a piece of ES grill/montero side bulges. The rear...somewhat mercury mariner/old navigator to it.

The interior is so plush
I don't know why people are horrified with the buttons.
It's separated into 3 categories:

Top is for navigation.

2nd is for climate control. This is a big plus considering in the past models that the climate control is integrated into the navigation. An annoyance since you have a couple of more buttons to push to get into the climate.
Now they separated this which is much easier to use.

3rd is for the audio.

All in all, this layout is a perfect set up for me, so don't know why people are afraid. Can you imagine this as an i-drive(no offense bmw owners)?

I wish that 3rd could fold flat like the expedition/navigator. Wonder if it's a patent issue.

Let's see what it looks like in real life
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)-lx.jpg  
Old 04-07-07, 11:17 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Edit:
I take back what I said about the climate control. I jumped ahead of myself. Seems like it's still integrated into the screen.
So you have to push climate, and turn it on through the screen...boooo.
Nevertheless, the point is that it's divided into 3 different sections-it's still easy to use.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)-lx2.jpg  
Old 04-07-07, 11:23 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

All that its missing is some James Bond gadgets and it be the ultimate driving machine

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)