LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-07, 03:25 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why are these features unavailable on the LS460?

Old 04-07-07, 03:30 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

LS has self-park and the LX has the blind spot camera. Weird both should have the same technology oh well.

I thought the LS had an option for the smart card thing or wtv its actually called
Old 04-07-07, 03:41 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The smart card is being made available on the LS in a few months starting with the LS 600h L.
Old 04-07-07, 03:53 PM
LexFather

I am assuming the LX got a camera b/c it sits higher off the ground. I'm noticing the cute Infiniti truck has camera like this too.

Maybe self park is better for cars for now? I am sure there is a solid reason.
Old 04-07-07, 04:07 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Perhaps having the self-parking system would bump up the LX's price even higher. I dont know, but I doubt Lexus wants to differentiate the price too much from the current models. Most likely, the price will increase just like the original LS400; slowly at a time. People will not be accustomed to a huge change in price.
Old 04-07-07, 04:30 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
Perhaps having the self-parking system would bump up the LX's price even higher. I dont know, but I doubt Lexus wants to differentiate the price too much from the current models. Most likely, the price will increase just like the original LS400; slowly at a time. People will not be accustomed to a huge change in price.
I hope it be an option when it comes out
Old 04-08-07, 09:58 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder if the LX will have "power door closer"
Old 04-08-07, 10:06 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
Escalade lol, a rebadged Tahoe.
I'm still waiting for you to justify this statement when the LX and LC are such closely matched rebadges.

Granted, the LC isn't out yet - but based on the 2007 models Toyota is FAR more guilty of just rebadging an LC and calling it an LX than GM is of rebadging a Tahoe and calling it an Escalade. There's worlds more difference there.

Instead you went on to attack whether or not the differences inbetween the Tahoe and Escalade are worth 10 grand.

Are the differences between the 2007 LC and LX worth 7 grand? You'd be lying through your teeth if you said yes and still said the Escalade isn't worth the 10 grand extra.
Old 04-08-07, 11:58 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The whole press conference is uploaded here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H95emIqaYRk
Old 04-08-07, 12:38 PM
vader11
Rookie

Anyone knows the price range for LX570?
I think it would be started at 75k.
Old 04-09-07, 02:02 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
I'm still waiting for you to justify this statement when the LX and LC are such closely matched rebadges.

Granted, the LC isn't out yet - but based on the 2007 models Toyota is FAR more guilty of just rebadging an LC and calling it an LX than GM is of rebadging a Tahoe and calling it an Escalade. There's worlds more difference there.

Instead you went on to attack whether or not the differences inbetween the Tahoe and Escalade are worth 10 grand.

Are the differences between the 2007 LC and LX worth 7 grand? You'd be lying through your teeth if you said yes and still said the Escalade isn't worth the 10 grand extra.
difference comes from the fact that Toyota does LC well, so for example, you dont have to pay 50k for an vehicle that has only TILT steering wheel adjustment...

...which is laughingly ridicilous for the car with the price of Escalade.

:-)

And of course, again, comparing Escalade to LX, is like comparing Malibu to LS. Escalade is more of an Highlander-type SUV.
Old 04-09-07, 07:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I don't know why people are horrified with the buttons.
It's separated into 3 categories:
That's just the center stack. Then there's the 'ridge' of controls by the center arm rest. I think they should be covered. There's controls below the steering wheel, above the steering wheel, around the steering wheel, and on the steering wheel. Yes that's true with most cars but not so much.

All in all, this layout is a perfect set up for me, so don't know why people are afraid. Can you imagine this as an i-drive(no offense bmw owners)?
I just think the S-class interior is superior in LOOKS (I don't know about operation) because it doesn't look anywhere near as button-busy.

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
If you have a better idea on how to implement all the functions and features of the LX in a easy-to-learn, convenient, and intuitive way in the interior, I'd sure love to hear it .
Sure. Cars have improved so much in terms of 'automatic' features that the manual controls for those things should be secondary, and IMHO, hidden. If lights come on and go off by themselves normally, hide the light controls. Same for the wipers. If 99% of the time the car is in D, R, or P (basically forward, backward, and stopped) then make the control that simple. How many LX570 and LS460 drivers shift the gears manually?

So I think the control layout could be improved a great deal by allowing the driver's 'preferences' to be easily set, perhaps when the car is stationary only, and have the car just automatically do the rest.

And improving voice commands is a big area too.
Old 04-09-07, 08:19 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
And of course, again, comparing Escalade to LX, is like comparing Malibu to LS. Escalade is more of an Highlander-type SUV.
I assume you are saying that in jest, but if you honestly believe that, well - they said "fanboy" was a personal attack, so I guess I will just have to say... LOL!
Old 04-09-07, 08:49 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

I assume you are saying that in jest, but if you honestly believe that, well - they said "fanboy" was a personal attack, so I guess I will just have to say... LOL!
Yeah - Escalades treat Highlanders like speed bumps.
Old 04-09-07, 08:53 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Sure it is an joke... but you cant compare LX to Escalade any better than you can Highlander to Escalade.

Fact that they are both top SUV's from their companies dont mean that they compete any more than DTS and LS do, both top versions for their companies

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)