LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-07, 08:58 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
I assume you are saying that in jest, but if you honestly believe that, well - they said "fanboy" was a personal attack, so I guess I will just have to say... LOL!
I think what spwolf was saying is that Escalade is just another urban SUV and probably can't be taken to off roading course, just like highlanders are only meant for driving on road with higher driving position and more room for cargo. One the other hand, LC/LX is meant to go anywhere and do anything.

But I don't really get Malibu and LS example.
Old 04-09-07, 09:31 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

While I would not personally cross-shop an LX/LC and Escalade/Tahoe, I think many potential LX-purchasers DO cross-shop with an Escalade. Or at least they do here in the US.
Old 04-09-07, 09:51 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Incendiary
While I would not personally cross-shop an LX/LC and Escalade/Tahoe, I think many potential LX-purchasers DO cross-shop with an Escalade. Or at least they do here in the US.
I I think the Escalade and LX are not really cross shopped nor the RR. I think people pretty much have their mind up which one they want or are previous owners.
Old 04-09-07, 09:52 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Fact that they are both top SUV's from their companies dont mean that they compete any more than DTS and LS do, both top versions for their companies
Well I understand that but the LX/Escalade is the closest comparison available at the moment between the two brands.

When the Seq-based Lexus SUV comes out I have no doubt that will be a MUCH better apples to apples comparison. They will both probably be priced comparably and be much more comparable in other areas as well, including the fact that the Seq-based Lexus SUV will almost undoubtedly be using a derivative of the Tundra's frame, just like the Escalade uses a derivative of the Silverado/Sierra frame.

However the Malibu to LS example is ridiculous. The interior looks nicer on the LX than on the Escalade, yes, but not THAT much nicer to say it's anything remotely close to a Malibu/LS comparison.
Old 04-09-07, 09:58 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is slightly OT but on the subject of upscale large SUVs there was an Infiniti commercial that I once heard played here on FM Radio - I don't know if it played long or often or what because I only put FM radio on to check local traffic since XM doesn't have Memphis yet.

Anyhow.... the woman had kind of an uppity soccer mom voice and was talking about her shopping experience for a large luxury SUV. I just remember her saying the LX was nice but "not 75k dollars nice" and the Escalade she said something about "reasonable price but not my style if you know what I mean" which I thought was funny because around here 85% of the people that drive Escalades seem to be the 'hood rich' variety. I can't remember what she said about the other ones but of course being an Infiniti commercial she said the QX was 'just right'.

I personally hate the interior on the QX - weak frame, iffy build quality... just about the only thing going for it is that motor.
Old 04-09-07, 11:48 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
The whole press conference is uploaded here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H95emIqaYRk
Thanks for posting the LX 570 press conference...
Old 04-10-07, 07:14 AM
Milla...

I have certain expectations for a 65-70K (LX) SUV and I have certain expectations for a 50-60K (GM) SUV so I don't expect to get everything in a GM as I would in an LX nor vise versa, so I don't get the fus thats going on here in fact its quite silly to compare the two. It should be more like the RR vs. LX or the G wagon vs. LX you know SUV's that break the 60k + at the base.
Old 04-10-07, 08:32 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my worry is now that lexus has added so many gadgets and new features, just how much more $$$$$$$ is this thing going to be more than the LX 470?? Im sure it wont be the same price. I asked my Lexus Sales guy who sold me my first LX, and he told me to expect about $7000-$10000 more---but no more than $1000...that was just his guesstimate though.
Old 04-10-07, 09:21 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I just think the S-class interior is superior in LOOKS (I don't know about operation) because it doesn't look anywhere near as button-busy.
iDrive or COMAND looks good yes but in actual operation makes you want to rip your hair out. Top gear tested the S550 and they literally had 12 steps to change the radio station using COMAND. That is if you memorize the menu order and layout to know where to go. Not to mention the lag b/t each menu as it loads. Or you can just have buttons you and you push a single button for a 1/4 of a second to change the radio station then go back to driving
Old 04-10-07, 11:09 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
iDrive or COMAND looks good yes but in actual operation makes you want to rip your hair out.
Not true - do you have either BTW?

Read the boards - nobody who has these things says "oh it is terrible!". They all say "why do magazines make such a big deal about this?". The fact is, I prefer I-Drive over the touch screen I had in my GS430 (yea, I've had both). The main issue with I-Drive is the speed - fix that and it would be just about perfect.
Old 04-10-07, 02:29 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm surprised Lexus didn't carry over the Sequoia over to the Lexus side. Maybe Lexus could introduce a Sequoia based luxury utility vehicle as the LX 570 L. That would be very cool. It wouldn't be the first luxury utility vehicle to have an extended version since GM does have the Cadillac Escalade which is based off the Chevrolet Tahoe and the extended version the Cadillac Escalade ESV which is based off the Chevrolet Suburban.
Old 04-10-07, 05:33 PM
wETcOASTER
Driver School Candidate

Default BMW idrive is awesome !

Originally Posted by doug_999

Read the boards - nobody who has these things says "oh it is terrible!". They all say "why do magazines make such a big deal about this?". The fact is, I prefer I-Drive over the touch screen I had in my GS430 (yea, I've had both). The main issue with I-Drive is the speed - fix that and it would be just about perfect.
I agree with doug999, I have idrive in my 06 330i and I love it. I immediately took to it and wish my LX470 had it. Its especially useful for navi and I can control so much more without taking my eyes off the road. People who have only read magazines where the tester has used it for 5 minutes have no clue and cannot really appreciate this system.
Old 04-15-07, 07:10 PM
spiralynth
Rookie

Ah, Watanabe-san ... sho-sho omatsu kudo-sai
Old 04-17-07, 05:41 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999

It may work for the navi but tell me how Idrive can beat me changing a radio station or AC setting in a 1/4 second by pushing a single conventional button
Old 04-17-07, 07:19 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
It may work for the navi but tell me how Idrive can beat me changing a radio station or AC setting in a 1/4 second by pushing a single conventional button
I think you can do that in the new BMW, since they have separate buttons dedicated to HVAC controls and radio on them.

iDrive isn't that bad. In fact, I like iDrive and the only problem that I have with iDrive over Lexus navigation is that iDrive interface aren't that pretty to me compare to Lexus'.

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)