LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 10:34 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
...A lot of people care for a new LX.
I agree. People love SUVs.
Old 03-15-07, 10:55 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
wasn't it rumored that they were working on a direct injection version?
It was, and I hope it's true, as it would make perfect sense to differentiate the LX 570 from the next-gen Land Cruiser. Toyota wants Lexus models to be separate from Toyota models, for Lexus models to be their own unique vehicles. Hopefully the engine, interior, styling and features of the LX 570 will differ from the Land Cruiser.
Old 03-15-07, 11:06 AM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JessePS
:thumbsup:

Hopefully we will see the actual LX a day early like what happened with the IS-F

Also I hope the LX will have more hp than the Tundra, 400 hp would be nice.

2008 Porsche Cayenne S: 385 hp ($57,900 US)
2007 Mercedes Benz G500: 292 hp ($83,700 US)
2007 Range Rover Supercharged: 400 hp ($92,035 US)

Hopefully the LX570 wont see a huge increase in its price, so about $70,000 US (MSRP)

Also I wonder when we will hear about the new SC. Also be nice if they drop the 5.7L in the GX also, seeing the GX doesnt need any remodeling other than the new engine
Since when does a Cayenne S cost 57k?
Old 03-15-07, 11:56 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mrurmil
Since when does a Cayenne S cost 57k?
It appears a 2006 Porsche Cayenne S MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) is $57,200 and invoice price is $49,904.

http://autos.yahoo.com/porsche_cayen...8SCpd_USIkfL8F

Last edited by Trexus; 03-15-07 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-15-07, 01:43 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg
I've driven plenty of SUVs like the highlander, rx330, pilot, etc. But they are all small SUVs that are made for light and medium duty. We're talking about a big SUV here that handles heavy duty work. It's a completely different ball game. Those other small SUVs can get away with car-based setup because well..they are based on a car platform

People who actually tow or carry heavy loads in their truck will benefit from a solid live axle.

-When towing a heavy load, the tongue weigh will push down on the rear suspension a lot more than the front (that's a given). On an independent suspension, if the spring is not stiff enough, the rear end will sag and you'll get negative camber, sometimes even more than you want. I'm sure you know negative camber reduces the outer rubber contact to the ground. If I was towing, I would want my tires to be pushed down on the ground evenly. You can increase the spring rate on the independent suspension so that the rear end wont sag as much, but then you're back to square one with a stiffer ride.

-Same situation if you're full of passengers. The payload will be applied more towards the center and rear of the SUV than the front. This is why an IFS is okay, unless you plan to drive home with an elephant on top of your hood.

-Secondly, your CV joints will undergo more stress since the joint is now angled more relative to where it was when not under load. This can rob power to the wheel. Maximum power transfer occurs when the CV joint is at 180 degree of each other, which is not the case if load is present.

-There are simply more parts on an independent suspension. Solid live axles are proven to be durable under rugged test.

Lexus makes one of the most comfortable vehicles on the face of the earth. If they knew a rear independent suspension setup would benefit the LX, they would have equiped the suspension from the start.

EDIT: Not to mention, taking away its suspension would take away what defines the LX. That's like saying we should take the honda S2000 and put softer springs on the car because it'll ride smoother and not a lot of people track their s2000 anyways

Your argument that suv's with irs are all car based is deflated by the Lincoln Navigator and Expedition which have had irs since 2003 and they tow as much as any suv, the new Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade lack irs because GM chose to carry over the live rear axle for cost savings not because it's a better setup, in addition to better ride and handling you can fold the seats and a create a completely flat load floor, I expect the 570 to come out of the dark ages of suspension.
Old 03-15-07, 02:04 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Indio
Your argument that suv's with irs are all car based is deflated by the Lincoln Navigator and Expedition which have had irs since 2003 and they tow as much as any suv, the new Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade lack irs because GM chose to carry over the live rear axle for cost savings not because it's a better setup, in addition to better ride and handling you can fold the seats and a create a completely flat load floor, I expect the 570 to come out of the dark ages of suspension.

No. my argument was that car-based SUVs can rely on IRS (other than sharing platform) is because they benefit from it more than larger SUV. Their loads aren't demanding. You'll never see a Toyota Rav4 towing in excess of 7000lbs.

And yes, Ford went with IRS otherwise they wouldn't be able to obtain the 3rd row seat that folds to the floor. This was a bigger point of sales because more people would like the convenience rather than the extra towing capacity. Ask anyone who drives a truck with heavy payload and/or tows heavy things. No one wants more negative camber, and especially more stress on the CV joints.

My GS is in between both suspension. It's IRS, but I have a thicker swaybar so i guess it's sorta like a solid axle
Old 03-15-07, 02:33 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

does Tundra's 5.7L take 87 octane gasoline?
if so then i guess Lexus could up the compression ratio and tune it to give it more power
Old 03-15-07, 09:05 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I'm a big fan of the fact Lexus is doing a good job of hiding the car until the day of the press release. Kudos to them for keeping the suspense and excitement of seeing new cars unveiled. These automotive tabloids really spoil the fresh surprises that manufacturers have on a new model. The claiming and "I posted it on the internet first" mentality is pretty lame especially in the greedy internet age we live in.
Old 03-15-07, 09:43 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i wonder how long b4 i see the prototype near toyota headquarters in gardena....i saw the prototype for the new tundra, new Xb, the current gen GS b4 it came out..........dirving near toyota national headquarters.
Old 03-29-07, 03:41 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

It should be there now since it's only a week away before the unveiling...
Old 03-29-07, 04:04 PM
LexFather

I am expecting a LS 460 4 x4 basically
Old 03-30-07, 10:44 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

i hope this new lx directly competes with the gl from mercedes. my buddy has the gl and its awesome, but still has many annoying german quirks, and the quality is subpar (several issues in 6 months of ownership already).
Old 03-30-07, 02:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AM1
i wonder how long b4 i see the prototype near toyota headquarters in gardena....i saw the prototype for the new tundra, new Xb, the current gen GS b4 it came out..........dirving near toyota national headquarters.
Well be sure to look out near Torrance, Gardena is where the old Nissan HQ were (moved to Tennessee). Toyota, Lexus, and I think Acura is in Torrance.
Old 03-30-07, 02:10 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Wait, so is this based off the Landcruiser or Sequoia?
Old 03-30-07, 02:53 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OC 335i
Wait, so is this based off the Landcruiser or Sequoia?
Based on the Tundra, in which the Landcruiser AND Sequoia AND GX AND LX are based on.

With the new 5.7L engine, all these will be based on a new and bigger platform...

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New LX 570 @ 2007 NYIAS (official pics & specs pg. 9)