LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

The LX 570 needs an extended cab version

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-07, 12:25 PM
Spambait
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The LX 570 needs an extended cab version

It won't happen in my purchasing lifetime, but I would love to see an extended cab version of the LX. Most vehicles these days simply don't have what it takes to move a large family around. I desperately want to buy another Lexus for it's quality, but I need a vehicle that can carry 3 car seats for kids + three adults + dog + personal effects for all of the above. I've been staring at the LX photos trying to convince myself that I can squeeze the dog behind the third row of seats, but that doesn't look promising (she's a siberian husky). Seats that fold and tumble? Great, except that once you've tied down your car seats securely, you don't want to juggle them around to change the seating configuration very often. Long story short, I'm shopping for an Escalade ESV (tacky), Yukon XL Denali (lacking interior refinements), or <spits-on-ground> a minivan (both tacky AND lacking interior refinements). Please Lexus! One more lousy foot of trunk space! Would it kill ya? We don't need off-road posing, we need space!
Old 04-27-07, 12:37 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

If Toyota would only bring the Sequoia to the Lexus side that might do the trick. There would be plenty more room than the LX 570...
Old 04-27-07, 01:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yea or you can just wait for the new bigger Sequoia. But that'll probably be lacking the luxury interior that you are looking for.

MB GL-class??? Maybe even the R-class??
Old 04-27-07, 02:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
Yea or you can just wait for the new bigger Sequoia. But that'll probably be lacking the luxury interior that you are looking for.

MB GL-class??? Maybe even the R-class??
he needs commercial van... GL is not that much bigger nor is R class.
Old 04-27-07, 03:00 PM
Spambait
Driver School Candidate

Mercedes isn't that much bigger. A lot of these SUV's look big and ride high, but they get tight pretty quickly when you start packing bulky items into them, or fit them with car seats. I'll have to look at the Sequoia. Never really considered it, but you're right, it's probably got more plastic interior than I'd like. The Cadillac ESV has a really nice interior, if you can overlook the ugly clock, steering column shifter, and lack of a telescoping steering wheel. That's what I'm leaning towards. Either that, or the wife's getting a new minivan (I'm not driving that thing!)

Lexus is my preferred brand, as I love their customer service, refined interiors, and quality. I can even live with the uninspired exterior styling of the LX. But it's really lacking in the back end. Like someone else said in a previous thread, the LX isn't much bigger than a GX. Since 99% won't take their LX off-road, it's going to be a hard sell for potential customers who are comparing the two.
Old 04-28-07, 08:09 AM
Shawn_S
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the same boat as the OP...I need more space...with quality craftsmanship

So...new bigger Sequoia translates to a new bigger GX down the road?
Old 04-28-07, 02:21 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i mean those new extended navigator's are way too overpriced...could you imagine the 570L?

phew!

after entertainment and fun stuff, a 570L would empty you of atleast 100strong.

i wonder what it would look like though
Old 04-29-07, 03:00 PM
sbrown02
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Spambait
It won't happen in my purchasing lifetime, but I would love to see an extended cab version of the LX. Most vehicles these days simply don't have what it takes to move a large family around. I desperately want to buy another Lexus for it's quality, but I need a vehicle that can carry 3 car seats for kids + three adults + dog + personal effects for all of the above. I've been staring at the LX photos trying to convince myself that I can squeeze the dog behind the third row of seats, but that doesn't look promising (she's a siberian husky). Seats that fold and tumble? Great, except that once you've tied down your car seats securely, you don't want to juggle them around to change the seating configuration very often. Long story short, I'm shopping for an Escalade ESV (tacky), Yukon XL Denali (lacking interior refinements), or <spits-on-ground> a minivan (both tacky AND lacking interior refinements). Please Lexus! One more lousy foot of trunk space! Would it kill ya? We don't need off-road posing, we need space!

Ditto to everything you said. I've owned several Suburbans over the years and would trade up to a Lexus in a heart beat if the LX were simply longer/larger. And I hate to say this but given the looks/quality of American made luxury SUV brand's I don't ever see my self spending the premium to purchase one. I'll stick with the suburban and wait for the day 3-5 years down the road when our kids are at a stage when we won't need as much space as we do today.

What a cryin shame.
Old 05-02-07, 02:03 PM
SirSkrip
Rookie

"So...new bigger Sequoia translates to a new bigger GX down the road?"

I thought the 4Runner was the base for the GX?
Old 05-03-07, 12:35 AM
CACressida
Rookie

GX was designed to be inbetween the Rx and LX. A LWB LX would make it even more horrible.
Old 07-17-07, 08:49 AM
jkrutch
Driver School Candidate

We hate our Escalade, but with 4 kids we had little choice. The Navigator is even worse looks wise. The poor quality of the Escalade is indicative of why the domestic car companies are in trouble. Our Escalade has constant "gremlins" that drive us nuts. The interior materials that GM uses haven't changes in 20+ years. I am referring to the vinyl and plastic. I hope Lexus is listening....build the long version of the 570!!!!! I am amazed that not a single German or Japanese manufacturer has stepped up to compete against the Suburban or Escalade ESV...there is obviously a viable market. Whoever is first will have my $$$ vote.
Old 07-18-07, 06:33 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

I am amazed that not a single German or Japanese manufacturer has stepped up to compete against the Suburban or Escalade ESV...there is obviously a viable market. Whoever is first will have my $$$ vote
Viable market in North America to those who believe they really need the vehicle. The Lx, MB, BMW are all world platforms.
Old 07-21-07, 02:26 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 05 ESV and I haven't experienced any quality issues or gremlins/bugs at all. It's fairly luxurious and has good power for such a large vehicle. Any time there's a reason for several people to go to the same place, I find myself driving. People would rather be a passenger in my SUV than go in their own vehicle. There's very comfortable seating for 7 (or 8 if you want the second row bench) - and people enjoy watching movies on very long trips.

The 2007 has a MUCH nicer, more luxurious interior and a LOT more power. There's nothing wrong with buying an Escalade ESV...

I've said it many times that the full-size Lexus truck isn't big enough. It's a shame that people have to go elsewhere when they need something as big as I or the topic starter. Not everyone can get away with owning a small truck. These people have no choices at Lexus. Isn't that a little ridiculous?

Originally Posted by Spambait
Originally Posted by Trexus
If Toyota would only bring the Sequoia to the Lexus side that might do the trick. There would be plenty more room than the LX 570...
Old 03-29-08, 09:49 AM
dnguyen_GS430
Driver

I'm also debating on the size too. I saw the new Sequoia. The limited edition. it's quite nice and I too love the new LX. Only wish the LX is larger.
Old 03-29-08, 10:54 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

Do not have near the group of people you have but the LX is not going to be big enough for you. I just wish they would eliminate the 3rd row and stretch out the send row!

Quick Reply: The LX 570 needs an extended cab version