LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

NEW LX570 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-07, 08:27 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I think they resemble the LS460's 18in wheels more. And the old GS300/350 17in wheels as well.

They have definitely been going crazy with the multispoke wheels as of late. And unfortunately the only ones that look good IMO are the IS-F's and the LS600hL multispokes.
Old 12-02-07, 08:32 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

...I like the LF-A ones as well.
Old 12-07-07, 04:19 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, leave it to Lexus to turn a bland design (200 series LC) into a horrendous disaster !! It is a good thing they make reliable cars because their styling department looks to be awol .....YUK !!!

As nice as the interior looks, it's not enough to overcome the forgettable exterior.

And you (lexus) think I would even consider this rolling disaster over the classy, dignified Range Rover?? Throw some 26"ers on it and let the Escalade bunch have at it...In fact, the Escalade actually looks better than the LX ..
Old 12-07-07, 04:22 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Well ,someone has to buy those ugly and inferior LandRovers!
Old 12-07-07, 04:31 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Well ,someone has to buy those ugly and inferior LX's !
There, I fixed it for you !!
Old 12-07-07, 10:45 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looks like a highlander

If you really like this truck, buy the same exact looking and nice Highlander and have a very Merry Christmas.
Old 12-08-07, 06:51 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exterior - YUCK! Calling it a Highlander is an insult to Highlanders. Looks more like a Subaru Forrester IMNSHO

Interior - looks good - I like the full size center console/armrest (coming from my GX which is non-existent)

YMMV

Last edited by BurgBoxstr; 12-08-07 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-08-07, 07:03 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Default this thing will sell poorly after the intial rush

Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr
Exterior - YUCK! Calling it a Highlander is an insult to Highlanders.
I agree, it is positively ugly and undistinguished on the outside, much worse than its predecessor.

Combine bad looks with Lexus' pricing strategy (too high, judging by the 08 TLC), and the result will be imho that after the diehard fans buy one, sales will be pretty poor.

By March, anyone who wants one will be able to pick one up for close to invoice, imho.
Old 12-12-07, 12:45 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

For me buying a vehicle has nothing to do with " looks ".
Instead I prefer comfort , reliability , safety.
The RR looks like a square box totally overpriced and is unreliable.
I am very proud owner of a 06' LX470 and probably an 2008.
Old 12-12-07, 02:05 AM
marri 1
Driver School Candidate

hi
LEXUSROTT is right about RR because here in dubai also ppl now a days ppl are driving new G CLASS as compared to RR i dont say that RR is poor in driving positions but its part and price are very expensive as compared to other SUVs.like ME MANY OF MY FRIENDS ARE WAITHING FOR THE NEW LEXUS LX 570.
Old 12-12-07, 05:46 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

New LX is a bargain compared to the current one (horrendously outdated) if the price barely goes up. If both prices are near each other yet the totally redesigned one is called overpriced? Pretty funny. LC vs LX prices have always been like this, dunno what the big deal is.

Originally Posted by miniround
I say HA HA to all those IS-F drivers. NICE RIMS SUCKERS. My LX has the same ones!

why do car companies make an exclusive car with exclusive parts and an exclusive design and then throw the wheels onto another car, mind you a truck?!
didnt know 19" wheels were the same as 20"

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 12-12-07 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-12-07, 06:18 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
New LX is a bargain compared to the current one (horrendously outdated) if the price barely goes up. If both prices are near each other yet the totally redesigned one is called overpriced? Pretty funny. LC vs LX prices have always been like this, dunno what the big deal is.
Base MSRP for the 2008 TLC went up by more than 12%. It is a fair bet that the LX price will go up by 10-15%, imho. Combine that with the fact that the LX570 faces more competition than it did when the LX470 was new, and the styling which imho the average buyer will see as inferior to the LX470, and I don't see how the LX570 could possibly sell as well as the LX470 did say back in the year 2000 or so.
Old 12-12-07, 08:05 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

didnt know 19" wheels were the same as 20"
No way the price for the '08 will be near the same as the '07. The '08 LC's (only available fully loaded) are listing for $73K. Creature comforts are pretty much the same as the current LX (Toyota added memory seats to the LC), price is higher. I would expect the new LX to list in the mid 80's (maybe a low 80's base price but all the units will likely be loaded).

Looks like this lineup of vehicles occurred near the N Torry Pines and Gennessee intersections in La Jolla?
Old 12-12-07, 08:15 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by syswei
....and I don't see how the LX570 could possibly sell as well as the LX470 did say back in the year 2000 or so.
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned in this back and forth is the effect of gas prices.

Back in 2000 when people where lined up to buy the new LX, gas was deemed much more affordable by the avg. buyer. While the real price of gas (when adjusted for inflation) is still quite cheap, the avg. american now deems gas mileage much more important than he/she used to. My guess is based on that perception alone, the new big SUV's from Toyota won't sell as well as the last versions did.
Old 12-12-07, 08:24 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

New LX is a bargain compared to the current one (horrendously outdated) if the price barely goes up.
I'm curious to know what standards are being used to deem the 100 series as "horrendously outdated"?

I'm biased, to be sure, but to me and my wallet, the LX470 is still the "it" big rig on the market. The Caddy has a bigger, more powerful motor. But it felt cheap in the two test drives I had, I hate the looks (why does everyone think that looking like 50 cent is a good thing?), and I've had very bad experiences with domestic cars.

The RR has a newer style and is very nicely appointed. But I needed more room behind the second row and the option of a third seat.

Everyone is ga ga over the GL Benz. It's a very nice design. But we have had extremely bad experiences with MB and I don't care if each new Benz came with a date with Natalie Portman that was guaranteed a "happy ending", I won't ever buy a Benz.

The Toyota product is clearly not the most advanced. But the technology is proven. And it's useful. Only once, when I had 7 adults in the LX, have a I found the power lacking. I find the power in the LX to be fine. Would the new 5.7L motor be nice? Yep. But as it is now, I rarely see more than 2,500 rpm on the tach in the LX anyway. It's not a sports car and I have other cars to carve canyons and tear *** in.

The ergonomics are outstanding. The quality of the interior is great. It doesn't have the latest doo dads, but I'm ok with that. Frankly, I wish I could have ordered my LX without the Navi system. I don't use that crap and I'm worried that if it were to break 8 years down the road, I'm out a fortune.

We have had extremely good luck with Toyota/Lexus products. Hell, I drove in our 10-year old LS400 today. It was 37 degrees at the beach at 6am and it started right up, drove as smooth as ever, and got me here safely, quietly and in comfort. You'd never know it has 140,000 miles on it. And I expect a similar experience with the LX.

Quick Reply: NEW LX570 Pics