NEW LX570 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-07, 06:29 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by racinstyle
I like the red one!
Yup, new LX looks best in Noble Spinel to me too ...
Old 12-15-07, 08:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by syswei
TLC is at 15mpg, Yukon/Tahoe 4wd hybrid 20mpg, GL diesel 20mpg. Not a HUGE difference, but still significant imho.

If I drive 100k miles total during my time of ownership, and gas averages $4 (I think it will be higher, but just suppose), then the total gas cost for those 100k miles is $6700 higher for the LX vs the other two SUVs.
difference will be biggest in city driving, least on the highway... so you got to calculate that as well.

Also, diesel is a lot slower and costlier to maintain.
Old 12-16-07, 09:33 AM
chip99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree 100 % the new one lacks "uniqueness" ; I complain about some points of my 06 lx but are also right even being old; it is still much better then most vehicles out there. It does lack some refinements hid lights/air cooled and heated seats/ more power etc. I honestly dont think it will sell well; the price is to high for it being similar to other toyota line up.
Old 12-16-07, 08:10 PM
HTQCummins
Driver

if the wheelbase was a bit longer, i think it would do a world of good for it. There seems to be too much over hang on either end. Other than that I'm all for it, love the looks.
Old 12-17-07, 06:47 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

well...i sat in the cousin of this lexus.....i gotta tell you guys the rear seat leg room is very dismal....if a 6 footer is driving the car, any passenger right behind him would be starved out of leg room!!
Old 12-26-07, 10:50 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by miniround
I say HA HA to all those IS-F drivers. NICE RIMS SUCKERS. My LX has the same ones!

why do car companies make an exclusive car with exclusive parts and an exclusive design and then throw the wheels onto another car, mind you a truck?!
The IS-F has forged BBS 19" wheels. They are designed for racing in mind, I doubt that they will handle the specific stresses of the LX.

Lots of people underestimate the amount of research that goes into specialized wheels....
Old 12-28-07, 04:13 PM
CACressida
Rookie

UZJ100 FTW!

You gotta be sick to tell me the old one looks ugly. 100 series will always have the best styling.

Old 12-31-07, 09:38 AM
TonyG5003
Driver School Candidate

Default I agree...

(This is my first post here...) While I'm #7 on the list at my dealership (which quite likely will be more like 3-4 as some balk at the higher price) - I'm really having trouble justifying the 2008.

My 2006 (purchased in August of '05) has only 21000 miles, and is whisper quiet on the inside - I've taken such good care of the leather/interior and washing/waxing that most think the truck is brand new - it certainly drives like it.

So, at this point, the big difference I see is the 5.7 engine. With that said - some complain about the power in the 4.7. In my own experience, I do not feel like it is "underpowered." I feel quite confident in passing, and keeping up with everyone else - though, I prefer comfort over "sport" performance... so perhaps that is why it isn't an issue for me.

I too think I prefer both the interior and exterior styling of my 2006. The 570 ,unfortunately, does look like a bloated Highlander IMO. So, other than the climate controlled seats, and more power - and of course bragging rights for being one of the "first" in Austin - is there really any other reason to switch?

<sigh>
Old 12-31-07, 10:29 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Tony, LX570 is probably better off-road due to Crawl Control feature if you're into those things (most people are not at this price range)...and if you get the Mark Levinson system, then you are getting a concert hall on wheels!
Old 12-31-07, 08:23 PM
TonyG5003
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Tony, LX570 is probably better off-road due to Crawl Control feature if you're into those things (most people are not at this price range)...and if you get the Mark Levinson system, then you are getting a concert hall on wheels!
Well there too, I already have the ML stereo in the '06 - though I understand it is improved in the '08.

I think at this point, I'm about 80% sure that I'm keeping what I have for the remainder of the warranty period. Of course, once I actually drive one.... well all bets are off. I guess I should steer clear of the dealership. Glad it's not on my way to anywhere.
Old 01-01-08, 12:19 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

So, at this point, the big difference I see is the 5.7 engine. With that said - some complain about the power in the 4.7. In my own experience, I do not feel like it is "underpowered." I feel quite confident in passing, and keeping up with everyone else - though, I prefer comfort over "sport" performance... so perhaps that is why it isn't an issue for me.
I have driven the 4.7 and then the 5.7 back to back. While the 4.7 feels more refined and smooth there really is nothing compared to the power of the 5.7 and along with the 6 speed transmission the 5.7 really is one outstanding powertrain. Yes, I think it is not as quiet or smooth but the power of the 5.7 is simply outstanding.

I too think I prefer both the interior and exterior styling of my 2006. The 570 ,unfortunately, does look like a bloated Highlander IMO. So, other than the climate controlled seats, and more power - and of course bragging rights for being one of the "first" in Austin - is there really any other reason to switch
I think there are some features I would like such as 4 zone climate control (especially dual in the front) which the LX470 does not have. Towing capacity, DHA, crawl control. With that being said, I could do away with AHC and the power rear door and rear seats.
Old 01-01-08, 05:00 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyG5003
Well there too, I already have the ML stereo in the '06 - though I understand it is improved in the '08.

I think at this point, I'm about 80% sure that I'm keeping what I have for the remainder of the warranty period. Of course, once I actually drive one.... well all bets are off. I guess I should steer clear of the dealership. Glad it's not on my way to anywhere.
The stereo in the LX470 is eh.
I haven't heard it in the LX570, but I hope it's at least on par with the LS430. The LS600lh is *amazing*.

I hope they use the size of the LX to it's advantage. In the LX it felt as if some things were put because of previous space dictations.
Old 01-01-08, 08:06 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me, I think the new 570 looks hands down better than the 450/470. The front remind me of the new LS which is a good thing in my book. The LC/LX were always about understated exteriors. None of the previous designs were "look at me" eye catching unlike RRs or caddy or MB GL. The new one is once again understated but elegant IMHO.
Old 01-23-08, 04:39 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

haste to bring back this month old thread, but it looks nice in the black and that really dark silver color, and i think it looks nice, and definetly looks better in person
Old 01-28-08, 09:14 AM
McDonough
Rookie

Well, I'll say this, it's ugly.

Quick Reply: NEW LX570 Pics