LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 Price

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-07, 06:51 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have decided to order one, but i am getting a base model. No options. I figured that the 2008 has just about everything i want plus more than my 2007 lx 470. I dont need to spend an extra $4000 just for Mark Levinson, etc.
Old 12-21-07, 07:53 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pemarsh
I have decided to order one, but i am getting a base model. No options. I figured that the 2008 has just about everything i want plus more than my 2007 lx 470. I dont need to spend an extra $4000 just for Mark Levinson, etc.

Congratulations.
Keep us posted.
Old 12-21-07, 10:28 AM
vinnieg24
Driver School Candidate

hm i was just reading online and they said that lx570 mrsp is $67,000. i was gonna say..not too bad lol
Old 12-23-07, 02:37 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

^^^^ Sorry , but base MSRP is $73800 plus Delivery plus TTL.
Old 01-05-08, 10:45 AM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may have missed something but I have not seen anything mentioned about a heated steering wheel--which most of the other vehicles that this one is compared with have as optional/standard equipment. I hate hanging on to an ice block in the winter and wearing gloves I find is a bit cumbersome. It would be nice if it were available-even as an option. I realise that many of my southern neighbours wounld not even be interested in this option.

dentate
GTA
Old 01-05-08, 05:05 PM
hkochat
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Trim Level

Originally Posted by dentate
I may have missed something but I have not seen anything mentioned about a heated steering wheel--which most of the other vehicles that this one is compared with have as optional/standard equipment. I hate hanging on to an ice block in the winter and wearing gloves I find is a bit cumbersome. It would be nice if it were available-even as an option. I realise that many of my southern neighbours wounld not even be interested in this option.

dentate
GTA
Hello Dentate,

To my best of knowledge, LX570 offers only one steering wheel trim that is real wood and leather wrap combination. Normally to have the heated steering wheel capability one should have fully leather wrap option available. Real wood may not be that easy to wire for heating. It is also noteworthy that 2008 TLC though has the leather wrap option surprisingly heated steering wheel is not listed as an option. I am with you and I understand the benefit of having the heated steering wheel as an option for cold territories but Toyota Motor Corporation may have their own thought process.
Old 01-06-08, 04:32 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello hkochat

I thought that the steering wheel on this new vehicle looked very similar to the one that is on the LS460/600 - that is heated (with the correct option package) and is a combination of both wood and leather. Interestingly enough, the button to activate the heat for the steering wheel is via a button on the instrument panel just to the left of the steering wheel--it is in a cluster of buttons--just as the button group appears on this new truck.

dentate
GTA
Old 01-10-08, 10:57 PM
CASANOVA
Driver School Candidate

I am sorry to say, I just cannot see any justification for the price they are asking for a rebanded vehicle, at least IMHO.
Old 01-11-08, 11:49 AM
LexusBob
Pole Position

It is a beautiful SUV but the price is too high. I'll keep my GX, which fully loaded is priced around $30K less than fully loaded LX570!
Old 01-11-08, 01:15 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

LX470 starting $68k vs. LX570 for $74k, taking into consideration their specs and features

think about it and ask yourself which one is "overpriced"
Old 01-12-08, 09:22 AM
xxxACExxx
Driver School Candidate

DEALER INVOICE FOR THE LX570 FROM COMSUMER REPORTS.

Prices
This chart compares the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, Dealer Invoice Price, and Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price. The Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price is the suggested place to start when negotiating. For MSRP and Invoice pricing on packages and options, see the 'Standard Equipment', 'Options' and 'Equipment Packages' sections.
Trim Lines 570
sport utility vehicle
Manufacturer Code 9620
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
The retail price listed on the window sticker. What the dealer would like you to pay.
Base MSRP
Base MSRP
Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. The retail price is set by the manufacturer. The government requires all new cars to have a list price or sticker price.

$73,800
Destination Charge
Destination Charge
The cost to ship the vehicle from the factory to the dealer.

$765
Gas Guzzler Tax
Gas Guzzler Tax
A tax on vehicles that get poor gas mileage.

$0
Luxury Tax
Luxury Tax
A tax on passenger vehicles that have a purchase price over $38,000.

$0
Consumer Rebate See note.
Consumer Rebate
Discounts given by the manufacturer to either the customer or the dealer to increase the sales of a particular model. Customer incentives or rebates are usually advertised discounts that a buyer receives from the manufacturer and signs over to the dealer as part of the down payment. Dealer incentives are unadvertised discounts dealers get from the manufacturer; knowing about one gives you more room to negotiate.

($0)

Total MSRP +add MSRP for packages/options
Total MSRP
Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. The retail price is set by the manufacturer. The government requires all new cars to have a list price or sticker price.

$74,565

Dealer Invoice Price (Invoice)
The dealer's' maximum cost to acquire the car from the manufacturer.
Base Invoice
Base Invoice
The maximum amount the dealer pays the manufacturer for a vehicle. Given manufacturers use of dealer incentives and holdbacks, it is no longer your bottom line when vehicles are in good supply.

$64,206
Destination Charge
Destination Charge
The cost to ship the vehicle from the factory to the dealer.

$765
Gas Guzzler Tax
Gas Guzzler Tax
A tax on vehicles that get poor gas mileage.

$0
Luxury Tax
Luxury Tax
A tax on passenger vehicles that have a purchase price over $38,000.

$0
Consumer Rebate See note.
Consumer Rebate
Discounts given by the manufacturer to either the customer or the dealer to increase the sales of a particular model. Customer incentives or rebates are usually advertised discounts that a buyer receives from the manufacturer and signs over to the dealer as part of the down payment. Dealer incentives are unadvertised discounts dealers get from the manufacturer; knowing about one gives you more room to negotiate.

($0)

Total Dealer Invoice +add Dealer Invoice for packages/options
Total Dealer Invoice
The maximum amount the dealer pays the manufacturer for a vehicle. Given manufacturers use of dealer incentives and holdbacks, it is no longer your bottom line when vehicles are in good supply.

$64,971

Consumer Reports (CR) Bottom Line Price
The place to start negotiating. Takes into account the dealer incentives and holdbacks that may be in effect.
Dealer Invoice Price
Dealer Invoice Price

$64,971
Dealer Incentive (Subtract) See note.
Dealer Incentive

($0)
Dealer Holdback (Subtract)
Dealer Holdback
A percentage of the total MSRP that the manufacturer holds and then gives back to the dealer, often at the end of the year or quarter.

($1,476)

Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price +add Dealer Invoice for packages/options
Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price
The place to start when negotiating. It takes into account the current dealer incentives and holdbacks that may be in effect.

$63,495
Old 01-12-08, 10:17 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pricing can very subjective...what is a lot to one person might not be for another.