LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

I don't like Japanese styled cars.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-07, 11:23 AM
AyM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't like Japanese styled cars.

I know 2 things exactly and they are confusing me.

1) First, Japanese don't understand what design of a car is, they produce very quality Lexus, but very ugly at the same time. This is the first thing.

I don't understand why couldn't they reffer to some German or Italian designers to make drawings for them ? So much work for the new LX and ...ugliest thing in a result.

2) I drive LX470 from 2004 and I'm very satisfied with the quality. I never was inspired with its beauty anyhow and never considered that it is specially nice, but it wasn't ugly at least as 570 . In 2006 I bought second car for my driver - new sedan BMW 5 just because of its exterior beauty and name - and conversely I'm not satisfied with its quality. In 1 year it was repaired a few times.

Now I wanted to change sedan with SUV and was waiting new Lexus but it dissapointed me. I'll go better for BMW X5 despite it is not reliable, because car's beauty is very important for me. And the second thing that I know precisely - one must love a car in order to buy it, it is like a girl. If a girl is not nice in your opinion but has got other positive properties - then what ? It gives u nothing. I consider X5 BMW is the nicest SUV at the moment and Lexus probably wanted to imitate just BMW with its f..g L-fitnese and muscle design but completely failed.
Old 12-21-07, 11:58 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So you are saying all Lexus cars are designed poorly? I completely disagree.

The Acura TL was designed based on German cars. Just to let you know.
Old 12-21-07, 12:16 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why would you buy such a large and expensive car if you didnt even like the way it looked?

seriously now.
Old 12-21-07, 01:12 PM
purplehazek4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol @ the stunna mentality

I mean who cares about an extremely reliable, extremely capable, extremely well built machine, just as long as it only looks good...
Old 12-21-07, 01:27 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

persanally, i think the new lx looks nice and honestly, the new x5 isn't a thing of beauty either, but thats just my opinion but i mean, to call a car ugly is your opinion, so what to you looks ugly, looks good to the japanese. and lets not forget that race or ethnicity has nothing to do with if the car is ugly or not, the germans , italians, and everyone else has also produced ugly cars, so i mean, just find a car that fits you and if you can't find that car, just keep trying until you do
Old 12-21-07, 02:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by AyM

1) First, Japanese don't understand what design of a car is, they produce very quality Lexus, but very ugly at the same time. This is the first thing.

I don't understand why couldn't they reffer to some German or Italian designers to make drawings for them ? So much work for the new LX and ...ugliest thing in a result.

2) I drive LX470 from 2004 and I'm very satisfied with the quality. I never was inspired with its beauty anyhow and never considered that it is specially nice, but it wasn't ugly at least as 570 . In 2006 I bought second car for my driver - new sedan BMW 5 just because of its exterior beauty and name - and conversely I'm not satisfied with its quality. In 1 year it was repaired a few times.

Now I wanted to change sedan with SUV and was waiting new Lexus but it dissapointed me. I'll go better for BMW X5 despite it is not reliable, because car's beauty is very important for me. And the second thing that I know precisely - one must love a car in order to buy it, it is like a girl. If a girl is not nice in your opinion but has got other positive properties - then what ? It gives u nothing. I consider X5 BMW is the nicest SUV at the moment and Lexus probably wanted to imitate just BMW with its f..g L-fitnese and muscle design but completely failed.
1. I disagree as they have had many cars with tons of style, along with those that are on the bland side.
2. German cars look Japanese now in many aspects, if not the whole car, so how about those cars?
3. You seem to think the new 5 is a beauty. I think it looks like its been totaled and is a horrible mess of lines, Aunt Edna's headlamps and a tacked on bootlid.
4. I like the new X5 and find it to be BMWs best looking vehicle.

You are entitled to your opinion but your thread title is almost offensive and I might just close this thread.
Old 12-21-07, 02:41 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AyM

You need to edit the title of the thread to reflect the actual post content.

Your title is so over generalized and vague, that it makes me think you are referring to any and all Japanese automakers.

Type if I like this, understand me could you?
Old 12-21-07, 02:51 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by JesLet
So you are saying all Lexus cars are designed poorly? I completely disagree.

The Acura TL was designed based on German cars. Just to let you know.
Actually the TL was designed in America for America and is built in America and as American as apple pie.

I will say the lines have been said to have some "alpha romeo" influence in it. It is a good looking car.
Old 12-21-07, 06:50 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think X5 looks good, or even attractive for that matter. The older 5-th series and 7th series sedans were not bad looking, the modern ones are just ugly. All imho of course. That's the reason I'm staying away from BMWs these days.

The LX450 was a handsome vehicle, as well as LX470 imho. The LX570 - the design job is not for me.

So I don't think you will please everyone
Old 12-22-07, 01:18 PM
AyM
Driver School Candidate

Actually I was not talking about every Japan car, I was talking about LX. My thread's title was different but it was changed by moderators.

Yes, I agree that LS for example is nice, but LX 570 is not. Yes, others may produce also ugly cars, not only Japanese. But here u'd differentiate 2 things in order to UNDERSTAND that I'M NOT GOING TO OFFEND JAPANESE, this thread is not offensive:

1) first, others may produce ugly things, but not in the top of their model range. For example, Mercedes or BMW understand that the design is as much important as the quality. Imagine, this year despite inflation BMW sales goes up ( despite poor reliablity).

2) I admire Japanese quality, they are great nation, with their Karate, Aikido, Jiu-Jitsu, Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Toyota, Nissan, Honda.... Is it necessary to list other facts why I admire them, and why are they great? This thread was not intended to be offensive. Simply, Japanese are another culture and their understanding of design may be completely different.

Then - again, others may produce ugly things, but I must not expect this on the top of the range from Number 1 car producer in the world - Toyota.

3) Finally main thing what I wanted to tell that car in the first order must be beautiful in exterior in order to attract. I can't force myself to buy even best in the quality and characteristics car understanding that it is ugly. This was my point. And unfortuantely, I must go for worser in reliability BMW X5, but much nicer.
Old 12-22-07, 01:30 PM
AyM
Driver School Candidate

By the way.
Attached Thumbnails I don't like Japanese styled cars.-bmw_x5_02.jpg  
Old 12-22-07, 01:59 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AyM
Yes, I agree that LS for example is nice, but LX 570 is not. Yes, others may produce also ugly cars, not only Japanese. But here u'd differentiate 2 things in order to UNDERSTAND that I'M NOT GOING TO OFFEND JAPANESE, this thread is not offensive:
i don't mind these threads as long as it doesn't become some uneducated racist thread. I'm Japanese but most of us are not good at creating from scratch. However, we seem to excel on making things better.

There are beautiful Japanese cars that weren't designed by a carozzeria; 2000GT, Z32 300ZX, etc. However, I agree, design does seem a weakpoint. With that said, I didn't like the Lexus styling (post L-Finess) but I'm starting to appreciate it. May not be the most appealing design like something from Ian Callum and Henrik Fisker but I think Lexus is pushing the design language like Chris Bangle.

Just my 2cents.
Old 12-22-07, 05:22 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

if this race issue has something to do with my post, im sorry didnt mean anything about race in it, just stating a fact ya know, lol, and im iffy bout the x5, its looks really nice in that picture, but how will it look on a pothole covered road covered in salt in the dead of winter, or in everyday driving in general, not very good, but then agian, i guess the same can be said about the 570, but do not take my opinion to heart, if you like the x5, good for you and if its the car you find most suited to fit your needs, i say buy it, although the mb gl is also an alternative
Old 12-23-07, 09:09 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

In 1966 the first vehicle my young bride and I purchased was a 1965 Opel Kaddet, in Van Nuys , California right off the Army. Great little car.
Then we need a second car and the worst lemon that ever had arrived at our home was 1969 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon . Our aversion toward domestic automobiles began.
We traded the Ford for an Oldsmobile, a 1970 442 good wheels but it was impractical.
From then on, the parade of foreign vehicles began.
The German Opel , the Swedish Volvo and the great Japanese cars the Toyotas , the Hondas and the Lexus.
Old 12-24-07, 05:24 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusrott
In 1966 the first vehicle my young bride and I purchased was a 1965 Opel Kaddet, in Van Nuys , California right off the Army. Great little car.
Is that the car that Richard Hammond from Top Gear bought and drove in Africa? Because if it is, that's one sweet ride!

Quick Reply: I don't like Japanese styled cars.