LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

I have finally seen one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 04:51 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
find a competitor SUV that can rival teh 570 in specs, quality, and features at this price. Just because a vehicle is 84k fully loaded doesnt mean its overpriced
Is $84K for a fully-loaded one?? That is actually not bad if it's fully-loaded considering the competition, but the damn exterior shape is so disappointing. Lexus had so much opportunity to make it classy and elegant (like Range Rover). Of course, i wouldn't touch a RR either for it's ****ty reliability.
Old 01-10-08, 06:32 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

try to take a escalade off road vs a LC/LX, caddy will get murdered, Dont get me started on build quality and tech features. A Caddy is 17k less for a reason

Originally Posted by Rollin'RX3
This is now just my opinion = Even if the price was the same, I would prefer the Cadillac, It just has a nicer and fuller SUV look to me. Very comfortable/soft like the 570 would probably have too. But I think the Cadillac is a much better buy then the 570, considering a 17,000 dollar difference in price. Just my opinion

My uncle and my gf's dad have 2007 Escalades. And man do those things get attention and feel good to drive. The Caddilac has HID
i dont place bling and image above real features, qualities, and capabilities, thats just me

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 01-10-08 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-10-08, 09:14 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Is $84K for a fully-loaded one?? That is actually not bad if it's fully-loaded considering the competition, but the damn exterior shape is so disappointing. Lexus had so much opportunity to make it classy and elegant (like Range Rover). Of course, i wouldn't touch a RR either for it's ****ty reliability.
As a Range Rover owner, I agree that the exterior of the Range is MUCH better but the interior of the 570 is MUCH nicer. Tough decision.

By the way, if you want a Range, just do what I do an do 24 month leases. You will pay more but you really won't have many (if any) issues in that short of a period. The greatest thing about the Range is that there aren't many of them out there. It is amazing how many people drool when they see it. My LS460 just rolls by and nobody notices

Anyway, I am trying to make my mind up on this car also. Better interior or better exterior. Which is more important???
Old 01-10-08, 09:23 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better interior...this is where you spend the time in your car.

My problem is i can not decide about color.....silver, white, or the spinel mica
Old 01-10-08, 12:42 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luxury1
As a Range Rover owner, I agree that the exterior of the Range is MUCH better but the interior of the 570 is MUCH nicer. Tough decision.

By the way, if you want a Range, just do what I do an do 24 month leases. You will pay more but you really won't have many (if any) issues in that short of a period. The greatest thing about the Range is that there aren't many of them out there. It is amazing how many people drool when they see it. My LS460 just rolls by and nobody notices

Anyway, I am trying to make my mind up on this car also. Better interior or better exterior. Which is more important???
I would go for better reliability , comfort and safety.
I do not buy a vehicle for others to drool over it. That's just me.
Old 01-10-08, 12:58 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by lexusrott
I would go for better reliability , comfort and safety.
I do not buy a vehicle for others to drool over it. That's just me.
Then shouldn't a lot of people on these forums be driving a minivan?!
Old 01-10-08, 01:42 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Then shouldn't a lot of people on these forums be driving a minivan?!"

And they do - RX330, X5, MDX, Q7, Taureg etc etc
Old 01-10-08, 01:47 PM
AyM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by luxury1

IMHO, car must be as a girl, u shouldn't think to fall in love or not, is she beautifull or not. U must see it and fall in love. In this regard exterior is much more important, and there is only one SUV about which I can tell it is beautiful - it is BMW X5. Neither Mercedes GL with its clumsy length ( as if artificially lengthened ML) and narrowing back, neither ugly Porsche, neither ugly LX570, no others. With BMW X5 is exactly falling in love while its interior is much weaker than of LX or Mercedes. Also I have positive opinion about Range Rover exterior, especially Sport type, but its interior is as much tastless as an exterior of LX570.
Old 01-10-08, 02:23 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One has to consider that almost all girls and guys seem to find a match, regardless of what others think
Old 01-10-08, 02:52 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AKoch
"Then shouldn't a lot of people on these forums be driving a minivan?!"

And they do - RX330, X5, MDX, Q7, Taureg etc etc
Great answer !!!!
Old 01-10-08, 03:48 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

As it was brought up I must say that I absolutely admire the exterior of the Range Rover Sport and LR3. Would not buy one as I unknowingly fell in love with our GX amongst other reasons (couple brought up) but those RR have the exterior down. Very handsome with a hint of aggressiveness.
Old 01-11-08, 04:29 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AyM
IMHO, car must be as a girl, u shouldn't think to fall in love or not, is she beautifull or not. U must see it and fall in love. In this regard exterior is much more important, and there is only one SUV about which I can tell it is beautiful - it is BMW X5. Neither Mercedes GL with its clumsy length ( as if artificially lengthened ML) and narrowing back, neither ugly Porsche, neither ugly LX570, no others. With BMW X5 is exactly falling in love while its interior is much weaker than of LX or Mercedes. Also I have positive opinion about Range Rover exterior, especially Sport type, but its interior is as much tastless as an exterior of LX570.
The full size Range Rover interior is much better than the Range Rover Sport (which really isn't a Range Rover except by name).

I like the X5 also but I like the older style better. I looked at it when I was looking for this SUV but the front plastic looked really cheap to me. Plus, I wanted a big black mean looking SUV. I wish BMW had an X7.

I agree with some of you, the exterior really is important. I hate spending $80,000 on a car that doesn't look sexy to me when I walk up to it every day. Right now I have a good balance, the LS460 is a great interior and the Range Rover is a great exterior. Can any of you stuff the interior of my LS into my Range?
Old 01-11-08, 06:41 AM
tigmd99
Racer

IMHO, the RR's interior is very nice...maybe not as nice as LS460, but it's definitely way above average. I testdrove the new Land Cruiser recently and was not overly impress with the interior's materials, esp. given it's $73K pricetage...hopefully, the LX570 will have better stuff.
Old 01-11-08, 04:30 PM
CACressida
Rookie

Originally Posted by tigmd99
IMHO, the RR's interior is very nice...maybe not as nice as LS460, but it's definitely way above average. I testdrove the new Land Cruiser recently and was not overly impress with the interior's materials, esp. given it's $73K pricetage...hopefully, the LX570 will have better stuff.
For the price, this years LC dash is nowhere near the previous LC in material quality. Especially for the price, the interior is very disappointing. Now, stuff a LX interior into a LC body and rebadge the LC as a LX and it'd look alot better than the snotty nose LX. The LX exterior is very disappointing. The old LX and LC are just plain sexy in my opinion.

My conclusion is, atleast Toyota should slap the face of the LC on the LX!

P.S. WTF?! Was Toyota's designers thinking when they made that LX ugly front bumper?!

Old 01-11-08, 06:57 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

I test drove the LC and sat on the LX570 ( already sold ) was very impress with both of them , it looks a lot better in person.