LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 a little dissappointing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-08, 06:07 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AKoch
I just checked out the LX570 at the dealership, it was the first one to come and was pre-sold. So I did not get to drive it, will wait.

In person in does not looks as ugly as in the pictures. It looks more like... it actually does not have a shape, you would not really see or take note of it on the streets. Wether it is good or bad. More like a large Highlander. Certainly does not look like an off-roader. Overall now I would rate the exterior as not "ugly", rather very unattractive. BMW did it to itself, I guess it is Toyota's turn.

Interior looked great, a step up from the 470.

I need to drive it first, before making the final call. So far it feels I am better off with the 470 despite that the 570 being considerably more affordable.
It seems many are tiptoeing around what their true feelings are about the exterior. Trying to be PC or something....It is not very attractive, pure and simple. The nose job on the LX is not nearly as attractive as the "grill" on the LC. The tail light design looks like some wierd squinting alien or something. The entire redesign of the 200 in general is bland, at best. The designers really dropped the ball on the exterior styling on the 200. Yes the 100 LX/LC was getting somewhat long in the tooth but the overall design of the exterior is still worlds better than the 200. The 200 has no character. Bland, bland, bland !! The interior, engine and transmission can't make up for the awful exterior. This of course is my own, personal opinion of the thing. I have owned many, many LC's and am very disapointed in the 200 (LX and LC). And yes, I have driven both the LX and LC variants of the 200 series..Multiple times, in fact. I am so glad I didn't waist any money on a deposit before I saw one. Land Cruisers used to be very identifiable, unique, and full of character. To me, this thing is just bad.

But, if you differ from my opinion so be it. This is purely my feelings and just because I am not head over heals about it doesn't mean you are wrong if you like the LX570...Just my $.02 !!

Last edited by Twstrchasr; 02-06-08 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-06-08, 11:04 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree, I feel similar.
Old 02-07-08, 04:13 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Oh yeah, i saw a black LX570 yesterday...and i think that, in black, it looks really good...better than LX470 in pearl white. The silver LX570 was less attractive.
Old 02-07-08, 05:07 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

It spite of the shortcomings I would love to take it for a test drive but each time one hits the pavement, is already sold.
Old 02-07-08, 10:04 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Although the leather is super soft and smooth, i can already see creases in the seats. This is not unexpected...my old BMW M3 had Nappa leather...same softness as Lexus, but crease even if you just look at it wrong!
-?
I actually noticed that the second row drivers side seats had some creases in it. I guess this is a tradeoff of having soft leather. Now that you brought up the softness of the leather. I have being trying to remember what vehicle it reminds of now since I test drove the LX. I am not sure if you agree but the leather softness and seat firmness reminds me of the GM800 series leather seats they used in the 2003-2006 pick ups, Yukons, Denali and Escalades. Not in seat style but in seat material. The seats in both the LX570 and GM800 remind of Obusform with leather on it. I am not saying it is not good at all, it just reminds of it.

Lastly, the stitching on the seats is single. The LX470 seats had double-stitching (baseball stitching). I find that this is weird. I expect this in the ES350 & RX (which are the case), but not in the top-of-the-line SUV from Lexus. This is surprising because, don't you want tough baseball stitching in a SUV that can go off-road?
Interesting that you point this out because when I was sitting in the 2nd row seats I noticed that something was not right when I was looking at the rear of the front seats. I guess now I know what it might of been.

It seems many are tiptoeing around what their true feelings are about the exterior. Trying to be PC or something....It is not very attractive, pure and simple.
I don't know about unattractive but I think the old 100 series had better styling.
Old 02-07-08, 10:16 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Speaking of baseball.
I wonder if the LX570 seats could be treated with Saddle Soap and that might make the creases disappear. Just a thought.
Old 02-07-08, 01:29 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by pagemaster
I actually noticed that the second row drivers side seats had some creases in it. I guess this is a tradeoff of having soft leather. Now that you brought up the softness of the leather. I have being trying to remember what vehicle it reminds of now since I test drove the LX. I am not sure if you agree but the leather softness and seat firmness reminds me of the GM800 series leather seats they used in the 2003-2006 pick ups, Yukons, Denali and Escalades. Not in seat style but in seat material. The seats in both the LX570 and GM800 remind of Obusform with leather on it. I am not saying it is not good at all, it just reminds of it.
To be honest, i have not sat in the GM trucks for many years...so, i cannot comment. I can tell you that i did not see much difference in quality between ES350/RX350 seats and the LX570, which is somewhat disappointing. When i sat in the LS460 base model, it was a nigh-and-day difference in quality overall and in the seats. The LS interior befits it's price...the LX was slightly disappointing for an $83,000 car.

But, surprisingly, i actually like the new exterior in BLACK more than in the LX470.
Old 02-08-08, 09:10 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tigmd99
To be honest, i have not sat in the GM trucks for many years...so, i cannot comment. I can tell you that i did not see much difference in quality between ES350/RX350 seats and the LX570, which is somewhat disappointing. When i sat in the LS460 base model, it was a nigh-and-day difference in quality overall and in the seats. The LS interior befits it's price...the LX was slightly disappointing for an $83,000 car.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to go over the LX570 once again. I now really noticed the lack of double stitching you mentioned in an earlier post. I compared the interior to the SC430 and LS460 and you can really see the cost cutting especially compared to the SC.

I have some pictures pointing out some of the issues (such as fit and finish issues, cheap materials etc) if someone can perhaps upload them for me as my upload is not working.
Old 02-09-08, 05:55 AM
tigmd99
Racer

I just checked...the LX570 does indeed look like it has ES350 semi-aniline seats (found in ES350 UL package). Don't get me wrong, it ain't bad seats, but it is also NOT LS460 seats nor SC430. I think that Lexus needs to make the LX570 more special to justify it's high asking price.

BTW, the new Land Cruiser has the same quality seats, except for it's leather is not semi-aniline.
Old 02-09-08, 08:50 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

I agree with tigmd99.
Another thing that has bother me is the seat extension they don't extend like the LS, instead is like the least
expensive ES.
Why has Lexus taken this road of using the lesser materials ?
Did they think we would not notice ?
Old 02-09-08, 09:05 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wouldn't it be backwards thinking to have all of that off-road programming into the 4WD system and then having buttery smooth semi-aniline leather as in the LS?
Old 02-09-08, 02:58 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

LX570 is about luxury plus extremely comfortable , to be well made , with good safety in mind and perhaps itsy-bitsy, off-roading.
Old 02-09-08, 03:14 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 515 Likes on 385 Posts

All of you are so funny. Just go back and read the petty comments.

I took a 325 mile trip in the LX570 today. All I can say is WOW! What a pleasure. At 80mph I averaged 17.7 miles per gallon! Better than my LX470!

The LX570 also handles WAY better than any of my 470s. Every LX470 I had kinda "wandered" a little at highway speed to me. The LX570 is like on rails! Very little input required from the driver to maintain super smooth high speed turns and long straight runs. It gobbled up I95 with ease! Do not know what Lexus did but there is one heck of a lot less road/tire noise and the roads were all under construction from Jacksonville to Savannah.

You would not be sweating these "little things" if you would have been one of my passengers today! Everyone, including a Range Rover owner walked away very impressed!

No one time while driving, did I notice of there was double or single stitching in the leather!

LOL!
Old 02-09-08, 03:37 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Greg, is nothing personal just human nature.

Most of us would really like to own one but we can't , instead we talk about it.
I don't think maliciousness is involved, now jealousy yes.
Old 02-09-08, 03:46 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 515 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrott
Greg, is nothing personal just human nature.

Most of us would really like to own one but we can't , instead we talk about it.
I don't think maliciousness is involved, now jealousy yes.
I agree, it is human nature.

It looks like the 570 is an intruder in the Lexus stable.

Not to worry, I do not take anything here personal

Quick Reply: LX570 a little dissappointing