LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 a little dissappointing

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-08, 12:12 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my LX570 can not get here fast enough...
Old 02-13-08, 12:36 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be spending less time here becasue all this really does not make this place that nice to be around
I think you need to relax on what others think about the lx570. There is nothing wrong with this forum. I started this thread because I test drove the new Lx and was left dissappointed. Also, there is nothing wrong with someone pointing out that Lexus has gone down market on some interior materials and Lexus has also went half way on some feature such as power folding seats and rear hatch.

I noticed some people put more emphasis on stuff like real wood, HID lights and other stuff. I for one have noticed Toyota cost cutting since 2005 and now it is starting to appear on Lexus models as well. Sit in a SC and the little details are there while in the LX...some things like the door panels remind me of the Avalon materials.

IMO...Toyota allocated more money on design and function of the LC model while they well they spent a little less than they usually do on the LX.

Now as for the powertrain, 4wheel drive, ride (which I don't really prefer), AHC, rear LED, pivoting headlights, 4 zone HVAC, 28 vents inside, puddle lamps etc...Toyota spared no expense.

Just some of the details left me wanting more....

I remember a Lexus tagline they used in Motortrend once that said "Luxury is not the details...it's in the details"

Not so on this Lexus LX570.

Last edited by pagemaster; 02-13-08 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-13-08, 02:39 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I will be spending less time here becasue all this really does not make this place that nice to be around.
I was being sarcastic, and this thread is incredibly stupid. Who sits in a truck 18 times nitpicking every possible flaw, this is obviously insulting the LX570 members on the board who actually came here to enjoy and discuss legitimate points of ownership.

Here some major flaws with LX470:
removal of both front and rear electronic locking differentials
cheaply done center console
if I sat in it 15 times I'm sure I can find many more
Old 02-13-08, 07:59 PM
LexFather

I think some are nitpicking and again, not being thoughtful of the BRAND NEW owners here. It is a new model, maybe Lexus will revise things? They always do.

Also, this "double stitching" issue is about as silly as people complaining about the IS-F having a detached exhaust.....

Then upon research, cars costs 40-100% more do the same thing.....
Old 02-14-08, 07:09 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

I have a LX470, and have the 570 on order...where is what I am sooooo looking forward to:
1. MORE power...I just can not wait to experience that. The 470 can be a bit anemic. The 570 has over 100hp more!!! Also, 6 speed transmission...not just 5 like the 470.
2. New updated interior. I dont care who says what--the interior of the 570 is hands down one of the best on the market. I did like the Range Rover also...but no 3rd row...cant live without that, sorry. And its interior is smaller...cant live with that.
3. Push button start...yeah!!! Cool convenience gizmo right there!!
4. New crawl feature. Most might not find this interesting, but I like to go off roading...so this is going to be a very cool new feature.
5. Real traffic capability with the GPS---finally!! This is also wonderful helpful feature especially living in Chicago!!!
6. LATCH systems for child car seats are finally on each side of the 2nd row, not just in the middle and drivers side like my 470---finally the ability to separate the kids!!! YES!!!
7. No more having to remove or play around with those &*^% 3rd row seats...just press a button, and out of the way they go. Might not be fold flat, but doesnt bother me at all.
8. Power tail gate---wife will love this. She has always wondered why this feature was never on the 470.
9. Air conditioned seats!!! I only experienced these twice...on a lexus sedan loaner, and a cadillac escalade. I just LOVE this feature!!!!!

This is just a partial list of some significant upgrades and conveniences I am looking forward to.
What some people here are complaining about literally makes me laugh. A bit of leather missing from a hand grip?? LOL HAHAHA. Are you serious??

I agree that this is an expensive suv. However, in light of all the upgrades, its easy to see why it is. Also, purchasing a Lexus literally gives me peace of mind regarding service. I live 25 miles away from my Lexus dealer. Whenever i need an oil change, repairs, or whatever, they drive a loaner and leave it in my driveway and take mine back to the dealer. And then return it. They do this if i am at work also. No questions asked. Just awesome service. They bend over backwards to help. I have never had to wait more than one day to schedule service.
Wife has a Toyota Sienna 06, and servicing that thing can be so miserable. Often we have to wait several days for service. Its always there for half the day atleast, and we never get a loaner.

So let people nit pick the 570 as much as they want. For me, it will be great upgrade!!!
Old 02-14-08, 07:24 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pemarsh
I have a LX470, and have the 570 on order...where is what I am sooooo looking forward to:
1. MORE power...I just can not wait to experience that. The 470 can be a bit anemic. The 570 has over 100hp more!!! Also, 6 speed transmission...not just 5 like the 470.
2. New updated interior. I dont care who says what--the interior of the 570 is hands down one of the best on the market. I did like the Range Rover also...but no 3rd row...cant live without that, sorry. And its interior is smaller...cant live with that.
3. Push button start...yeah!!! Cool convenience gizmo right there!!
4. New crawl feature. Most might not find this interesting, but I like to go off roading...so this is going to be a very cool new feature.
5. Real traffic capability with the GPS---finally!! This is also wonderful helpful feature especially living in Chicago!!!
6. LATCH systems for child car seats are finally on each side of the 2nd row, not just in the middle and drivers side like my 470---finally the ability to separate the kids!!! YES!!!
7. No more having to remove or play around with those &*^% 3rd row seats...just press a button, and out of the way they go. Might not be fold flat, but doesnt bother me at all.
8. Power tail gate---wife will love this. She has always wondered why this feature was never on the 470.
9. Air conditioned seats!!! I only experienced these twice...on a lexus sedan loaner, and a cadillac escalade. I just LOVE this feature!!!!!

This is just a partial list of some significant upgrades and conveniences I am looking forward to.
What some people here are complaining about literally makes me laugh. A bit of leather missing from a hand grip?? LOL HAHAHA. Are you serious??

I agree that this is an expensive suv. However, in light of all the upgrades, its easy to see why it is. Also, purchasing a Lexus literally gives me peace of mind regarding service. I live 25 miles away from my Lexus dealer. Whenever i need an oil change, repairs, or whatever, they drive a loaner and leave it in my driveway and take mine back to the dealer. And then return it. They do this if i am at work also. No questions asked. Just awesome service. They bend over backwards to help. I have never had to wait more than one day to schedule service.
Wife has a Toyota Sienna 06, and servicing that thing can be so miserable. Often we have to wait several days for service. Its always there for half the day atleast, and we never get a loaner.

So let people nit pick the 570 as much as they want. For me, it will be great upgrade!!!
one other great change (as small as it sounds) is the power 2nd row of seats.
With the 2nd row moved forward a couple of inches, it makes a big difference for the 3rd row. The 3rd row has decent amount of legroom now!
Old 02-14-08, 10:21 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

you mean the 2nd row has power forward/backward sliding???
Old 02-14-08, 12:00 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

taken from Lexus LX750 page:
With the LX's versatile seating configurations, you're prepared for just about any scenario. With room to fit eight people comfortably, the LX offers the best front-seat legroom in its class. And the power-slide second-row seat moves four inches to provide additional comfort.
http://www.lexus.com/models/LX/featu...w_seating.html
Old 02-14-08, 02:27 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
taken from Lexus LX750 page:
750? is it V12?
Old 02-15-08, 04:24 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Yes,

It makes for a lot of room in all 3 rows. Not used very much, but when someone is in the back it makes a big difference over the pervious model.
Old 02-17-08, 04:25 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Toyota/Lexus does not use fake wood at all. The quality level is wonderful just look at what you see in front of you at a light once. Ill fitting panels the gaps vary all over the place. Korea/GM/Ford/Chrysler....
I saw a 2008 Land Cruiser for the first this week I was amazed at it. Today I saw a 2008 Sequoia (Land Yacht) that is definitely bigger than previous years.
I am a professional Quality Control person for a living with a PhD. in engineering. You want shoddy items look no further than China the US is a little better. I see Chinese junk enough but Germany is pure trash including there cars. I will go with Lexus any day having driven many Toyota's/Lexus since 1975 exceptionally good and well built never had trouble with one yet and I do not expect to either.
Old 02-17-08, 06:08 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by herbvdh
Toyota/Lexus does not use fake wood at all. The quality level is wonderful just look at what you see in front of you at a light once. Ill fitting panels the gaps vary all over the place. Korea/GM/Ford/Chrysler....
I saw a 2008 Land Cruiser for the first this week I was amazed at it. Today I saw a 2008 Sequoia (Land Yacht) that is definitely bigger than previous years.
I am a professional Quality Control person for a living with a PhD. in engineering. You want shoddy items look no further than China the US is a little better. I see Chinese junk enough but Germany is pure trash including there cars. I will go with Lexus any day having driven many Toyota's/Lexus since 1975 exceptionally good and well built never had trouble with one yet and I do not expect to either.
Seriously, is this a joke?? Really, is this someone trying to be funny?? Dude, you may have a PhD in engineering, but you must have skip grammar lesson as a kid!

First off, you are wrong. Toyota uses fake wood on ALL their cars/trucks/SUVs, including the Land Cruiser. My $18K Corolla has fake wood. My $42k Sienna has fake wood. The 2008 Avalon has fake wood. The 2008 Land Cruiser has fake wood. There is NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS. Lexus does use real wood...no doubt about this either.

Wow, my G500 is "pure trash"!! Oh no, i better go and trade it in for a RAV4!

Last edited by tigmd99; 02-17-08 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-17-08, 07:52 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

I do not even know what this comment means, literally. ????????
If you are a QC with a PhD, something does not make sense. This comment is so difficult to understand. By the way, THERE, THEIR, THEYRE...they are not the same.
Old 02-18-08, 01:40 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...I see Chinese junk enough but Germany is pure trash including there cars. I will go with Lexus any day having driven many Toyota's/Lexus since 1975 exceptionally good and well built never had trouble with one yet and I do not expect to either.
Yes, Toyota rules and BMW, Mercedes and Audi are trash
Old 02-18-08, 04:11 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Don't forget...Porsche must be pure trash too!

Quick Reply: LX570 a little dissappointing