LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 a little dissappointing

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-08, 02:04 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LX570 a little dissappointing

Hey guys I just had the opportunity to check out the new 2008 LX570 with a canadian retail price of $84,000. I was left a little dissappointed. First the bad then I will say the good.

The bad.
Overall the SUV felt a little incomplete. What was most noticible was the cost cutting out of the fine detail present on the previous model. The door panels from the window switch down were plastic instead of the softer material found on the 100 series. Centre console in the middle was weak and could be moved. A few too many buttons on the dash. Overall interior dimensions have been reduced from the outgoing model in almost every category. Passenger seat has been reduced to an 8 way power instead of 10 way power.

Very poor exuse for door sil protectors.

The biggest fault that I found was with the 2nd row, 3rd row and rear hatch. All felt half done. 2nd row had power option to move the row fwd but year had a lame manual recline. Why not go all out like the Sequioa.

3rd row power seats can be removed but power up.

Rear hatch is only half power as the lower part you have to manual open.

The reduced the lights in the running boards (GX and 4runner have 2 on each board) but the LX has one.

Get rid of these stupid cameras.

Ok. Enough of the bad and on with good.

4 zone climate. Very nice (but centre console felt weak)
28 vents. Very well thought out.
Nice soft seats leather.
2nd row now heated with two levels.
Classic door thunk.
Very nice wood trim.
Good visablilty.
Ok erogonomics.
Styling is very nice but the 100 series was nicer and rear end much better.
Very nice rims.

In all honesty. The new LX570 did not have that special Toyota/Lexus thing like the 100 series SUV's or early 2000 Toyotas IMO. The LX will win some people over from the Escalade etc but some 100 series owners will be left dissappointed.

The two suvs at my dealer arrived yesterday and will be preped for test drive next week. Test drive impressions coming up.

Last edited by pagemaster; 02-01-08 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-01-08, 02:27 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Hey guys I just had the opportunity to check out the new 2008 LX570 with a canadian retail price of $84,000. I was left a little dissappointed. First the bad then I will say the good.

The bad.
Overall the SUV felt a little incomplete. What was most noticible was the cost cutting out of the fine detail present on the previous model. The door panels from the window switch down were plastic instead of the softer material found on the 100 series. Centre console in the middle was weak and could be moved. A few too many buttons on the dash. Overall interior dimensions have been reduced from the outgoing model in almost every category. Passenger seat has been reduced to an 8 way power instead of 10 way power.

Very poor exuse for door sil protectors.

The biggest fault that I found was with the 2nd row, 3rd row and rear hatch. All felt half done. 2nd row had power option to move the row fwd but year had a lame manual recline. Why not go all out like the Sequioa.

3rd row power seats can be removed but power up.

Rear hatch is only half power as the lower part you have to manual open.

Get rid of these stupid cameras.

Ok. Enough of the bad and on with good.

4 zone climate. Very nice (but centre console felt weak)
28 vents. Very well thought out.
Nice soft seats leather.
2nd row now heated with two levels.
Classic door thunk.
Good visablilty.
Ok erogonomics.
Styling is very nice but the 100 series was nicer and rear end much better.
Very nice rims.

In all honesty. The new LX570 did not have that special Toyota/Lexus thing like the 100 series SUV's or early 2000 Toyotas IMO. The LX will win some people over from the Escalade etc but some 100 series owners will be left dissappointed.

The two suvs at my dealer arrived yesterday and will be preped for test drive next week. Test drive impressions coming up.

Hi pagemaster.
It seems you have been looking at a different LX570 than I did.
The driver power seat has 14 settings , the passenger has 12.
The 3rd row seat is not removable like the previous models , but it does folds flat against the sides.
It has a very elegant interior.
I read in another thread that the Canadian version has the Ultra Premium Package with the Bubinga wood , for $10,000.
Old 02-01-08, 03:02 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusrott
Hi pagemaster.
It seems you have been looking at a different LX570 than I did.
The driver power seat has 14 settings , the passenger has 12.
The 3rd row seat is not removable like the previous models , but it does folds flat against the sides.
It has a very elegant interior.
I read in another thread that the Canadian version has the Ultra Premium Package with the Bubinga wood , for $10,000.
My 2008 brochure says that it is a 10 way driver and 8 passenger. Not including seat extender. I thought the interior was elegant but overall it did not have the level of details like the 100 series LX.
Old 02-01-08, 03:20 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

My 2008 brochure says that it is a 10 way driver and 8 passenger. Not including seat extender. I thought the interior was elegant but overall it did not have the level of details like the 100 series LX.
why are you reading brochures and not checking out the car? :-).

100 series is stone age compared to new one.
Old 02-01-08, 03:22 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 503 Likes on 380 Posts

Hmmm. I enjoying my LX570 to no end. I have had a 2004, 2006 and 2007 LX470 and 2007 LS460 and the LX570 is not a dissapointment.

Loose center console? How much do you weigh? Mine is solid with excellent padding on top. No movement that I can detect. Lots of storage! My LS460 had too soft of a padding the LX is a good as I have seen. The front seats beat the pants off my LX470. Not having power reclining mid row seats is OK with me. Do not sit there often. <vbg>

Maybe they did not complete this Canadian version as my driver seats have adjustments that my LX470 did not. Fit and finish from front to back is suitable for me, looks complete! <vbg> Nicest interior of any Lexus I have owned!

Each of us perceive things differently but I enjoy my 570 more and more everyday! I smile everytime I step on the gas pedal!

Last edited by ggebhardt; 02-01-08 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-01-08, 03:27 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spwolf
why are you reading brochures and not checking out the car? :-).

100 series is stone age compared to new one.

I was too embarrassed to even ask what a 100 series was!
Old 02-01-08, 06:00 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Hello again
I own a 2006 LX470 and have sat inside the LX570 I can tell you sir, that the difference is like day and night. You should see it in person , no brochures.
Wish I could get one right now but my wife and I are both retired on fix comfortable income, maybe when the 2009 models arrive we might be able to indulge in the 2008 LX570.
Old 02-01-08, 06:36 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Question to anyone that can answer:

With the Bubinga wood, is there a difference with it compared to the regular wood? I mean I know its like from some fancy tree or w/e but is it treated better?more glosser? longer lasting? has a oak sent?

something that its worth paying more for?

Thank You :-)
Old 02-01-08, 06:58 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Pagemaster, so what are you gonna get now?? You've been looking forward to the LX570 for a long time.
Old 02-01-08, 08:13 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Pagemaster, so what are you gonna get now?? You've been looking forward to the LX570 for a long time.
I have only sat in it but I have yet to test drive the vehicle. We did power up the vehicle today (It seems to rev smoother than the Tundra 5.7) and it revs faster than the 4.7 or at least it feels that way.. Here in the GTA we had a huge snowstorm so the sales guy did not want to take it out. Plus it was not fully prepped.
Old 02-02-08, 05:10 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I would love to be there when you really are able to step on the gas pedal. The 570 is still silky smooth even when pushed a bit.
Old 02-02-08, 05:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

p.s. LX has 2 AC generators for fastest cooling in any SUV on the market... one is up front and 2nd one is at the back, responsible for part of 2nd and full 3rd rows + cooler.
Old 02-02-08, 07:48 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I would love to be there when you really are able to step on the gas pedal. The 570 is still silky smooth even when pushed a bit.
I have test drove the 5.7 with 6 speed before. Its same set up as the Tundra with the transmission gearing except for the rear which tells me the LX will be a tad slower than the Tundra. I don't base everything on power however you brought up smoothness and the 4.7 is actually smoother. I should be on the road next week with it.
Old 02-02-08, 08:11 AM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

engine smoothness will vary if an engine is compared to a broken-in example or based on the grade of fuel used.
Old 02-02-08, 10:44 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I have test drove the 5.7 with 6 speed before. Its same set up as the Tundra with the transmission gearing except for the rear which tells me the LX will be a tad slower than the Tundra. I don't base everything on power however you brought up smoothness and the 4.7 is actually smoother. I should be on the road next week with it.
The Tundra or the brochure do not do the 570 justice. You have made so many judgements about the 570 without even driving it!

I also do not base everything on power and I was not talking about the 4.7 much less the Tundra!

I have no doubt that even after you DO drive the 570, you will not like it and complain. I would bet you can get a few more years out of that "100 series" and wait till they fully refine the 570!

Quick Reply: LX570 a little dissappointing