LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Can't buy LX570!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-08, 02:06 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by codex57
Then Lexus has absolutely no control over their dealers cuz pretty much every dealer does this every time a new model comes out. Nearly every manufacturer's dealers do this if possible.
you can report them and they get punished. as easy as that.

End result is that non charge over MSRP but some add extra equipment to avail. vehicles.
Old 02-08-08, 02:11 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have bought two Lexus SUV's. I have never heard of this practice. When I ordered my LX570, they offered $600 off MSRP (return customer). Also, they would not give me a definite price until the MSRP sticker was seen on the truck. I think this is totally fair and reasonable.
If people are upset at paying MSRP, then go after another car. Lexus LX SUV are not mass produced like a Yukon. There are enough people willing to pay MSRP for the ones that are out there. I have never heard of anyone paying over MSRP from a dealer.
Old 02-08-08, 02:12 PM
chip99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey serga yes you probably will have to wait; but if you have a nice lexus dealership they may call around and find one for you. One of the dealerships may sell you their demo.
Old 02-08-08, 02:17 PM
syswei
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pemarsh
If people are upset at paying MSRP, then go after another car. Lexus LX SUV are not mass produced like a Yukon. There are enough people willing to pay MSRP for the ones that are out there.
I would rephrase that to say "There are enough people FOR NOW willing to pay MSRP for the ones that are out there." In my opinion, with the aggressively high pricing by Lexus, and the weakening economy, MSRP is going to last about 3-6 months. 12 at the outside.

When I bought my wife's 2000 LX470 in Jan 2000, local dealers weren't flexible, but once I inquired far out of state, things were very different. I saved only $3000 (after paying $1000 for covered truck shipment). In retrospect, I should have shopped harder and might have come closer to invoice.

Once the dealer has a demo, we'll test drive the LX570 and GL450. If my wife likes the LX better, we're just going to wait as long as it takes for the price to break. I do understand that others aren't so patient, for whatever reason.
Old 02-08-08, 03:00 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
you can report them and they get punished. as easy as that.

End result is that non charge over MSRP but some add extra equipment to avail. vehicles.
Hate to break it to you. The dealer is out to make money and not give you a good deal. If there are 100 people trying to buy only 10 LX570 in a certain area. Who do you think the dealer is going to sell to? The person who wants to pay the least?

When Toyota release the Highlander/Tundra and Camry. The market was flooded fast with vehicles to prevent MSRP markup. Not the case with the LX.
Old 02-08-08, 04:02 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with the OP! My friend is trying to buy a black LX570 in bay area and no one has it. So, we went ahead and call some out of states dealers including the largest JM lexus in FL. No one has it in stock
Old 02-08-08, 04:04 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

i say again...order one.
they are sold out due to so many people who had pre-ordered.
Old 02-08-08, 06:06 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Are the deposit refundable ?

How much is the deposit normally ?
Old 02-09-08, 04:20 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 504 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrott
Are the deposit refundable ?

How much is the deposit normally ?

My dealer would only take $1000 but that was 8 months before delivery! It was really to get my name at the head of the list. MANY people expressed interest in the LX570 in early 2007. My salesman said that the $1k would get me first pick on what was 1st in the door.

My local dealer only saw two LX570 units. No more and no notice of more being allocated to them yet. My dealer told me that Lexus did not make a whole buch of these and it would be late summer before they say any "spare" units!

Right now it does not matter if you are willing to pay extra, there are few LX470s out there to buy.
Old 02-10-08, 03:14 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

the dealer here has already sold 3. and when i asked the sales person at the auto show who and how many people were on the waiting list for this truck, he said just about everyone who has a lx470 now. seems like as much as some ppl do not like this car, it is going to be a very long waiting list for this suv. i say just order it and pray that it comes in soon, and as to paying over msrp, just wait a little bit longer and save your money
Old 02-10-08, 05:43 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

dealer in orland park IL wanted $5000 non refundable...I left literally laughing out loud!!

Mcgrath Lexus in Westmont IL took $500, and totally refundable with no questions
Old 02-10-08, 09:48 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pemarsh
dealer in orland park IL wanted $5000 non refundable...I left literally laughing out loud!!

Mcgrath Lexus in Westmont IL took $500, and totally refundable with no questions
Is a non-refundable deposit legal for an auto dealership?
I would think that would represent a payment without goods or services...??
Old 02-11-08, 02:17 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Why on earth would you want to pay over MSRP??!! That is crazy...and financially wrong to do....
Not in hawaii where we ONLY have servco, here your considered LUCKY to pay 1k over msrp... oh the hardships we here have to endure think i'll turn off my celing fan cuz its alittle cold tonite but i'll keep the windows open incase it gets too hot
Old 02-11-08, 03:23 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Not in hawaii where we ONLY have servco, here your considered LUCKY to pay 1k over msrp... oh the hardships we here have to endure think i'll turn off my celing fan cuz its alittle cold tonite but i'll keep the windows open incase it gets too hot
Hey...where do you live in Hawaii?? I lived there for three in years in Kaneohe on the windward side.
Getting MSRP on Hawaii was a gift!!!
Old 02-11-08, 04:41 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Damn you!!! I hate you Hawaii people!! It must be nice to live in perfect weather.

Quick Reply: Can't buy LX570!