LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Anyone Coming From Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-08, 08:59 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Ahhh...MUD...brings back fond memories of that seriously bias forum! Is that Shotts idiot still shooting off his mouth?!

Actually, he has been very restrained lately !! Maybe he has been ill !!

Oh, I know all about the dismal resale on LR's. More than likely I would lease. That should shelter me to some degree. 6 of this and 1/2 a dozen of that !!

Old 03-16-08, 09:06 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by luxury1
I LOVE my Range Rover! I haven't had any problems but it is only 9 months old (7,500 miles). The thing that I love most about it is that nobody has them where I live. It gets way more compliments than any other car that I have ever owned which reinforces my decision almost daily.

I really like the exterior style of the RR but the interior style of the LX570 is like my LS460 which is really nice. I am kind of considering the LX since Land Rover was bought by TATA but don't know for sure (I am going to wait to see what direction it heads).

I have two Lexus vehicles already so I know how great they are but there is just something about the Range Rover that may keep me loyal.
Man, that is a very classy vehicle !! If I decide on a RR s/c I'll get either Zermatt Silver or Stornaway Gray..

My only hesitation is having to go out of town for service. I'm currently talking to a dealer to see if they will provide me valet service on warranty work.
Old 03-16-08, 09:11 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Please don't get me wrong on all of this. The new LC/LX are extremely fine vehicles. For me though, they just don't tug on the intangibiles like the RR does.
Old 03-16-08, 10:05 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twstrchasr
Please don't get me wrong on all of this. The new LC/LX are extremely fine vehicles. For me though, they just don't tug on the intangibiles like the RR does.
I think resale is the big concern...and reliability.but then everyone's car is reliable...until it's not...

how far are you talking to the dealer from where you live?
Old 03-16-08, 11:00 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trusso
I think resale is the big concern...and reliability.but then everyone's car is reliable...until it's not...

how far are you talking to the dealer from where you live?
I have 3 dealers all within about 150 miles. So, it's not like they're right around the block. I think I do have a dealer willing to do the pick-up and return on warranty work if I buy the vehicle from them. Now I just need to make up my mind. Oh, also, there is this little voice in my head whispering "keep the 100 series and get that new GT-R !!"
Old 03-17-08, 05:37 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Twstrchasr
I have 3 dealers all within about 150 miles. So, it's not like they're right around the block. I think I do have a dealer willing to do the pick-up and return on warranty work if I buy the vehicle from them. Now I just need to make up my mind. Oh, also, there is this little voice in my head whispering "keep the 100 series and get that new GT-R !!"
My dealer picks up also which is good because it is 45 minutes away. It is a nice deal!
Old 03-26-08, 09:26 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My wife just accepted a job down in Sarasota, we will now beable to easily afford a new Range Rover Supercharged for her and intend to buy it this fall/winter. We both liked the 06-07 Land Cruisers, but not to fond of the new LC and def. dont like the LX. Besides, the Range is both her and my "dream" suv so why settle? Just my opinion, but we are pretty excited.

Last edited by jjbenzo; 03-26-08 at 09:28 AM. Reason: add. info
Old 03-26-08, 11:18 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

You do realize that LR image is gonna be tarnished when the sale of LR to an Indian company that specializes in cheap cars becomes public.

IMHO, i would stay away from LR and Jaguar for a long time until it's image is stable. Your resale value will depend on it!
Old 03-26-08, 11:21 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Well, it's official today: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125335

DEARBORN, Michigan — Ford Motor Co. made it official Wednesday morning that it had signed a long-awaited deal to sell its British brands, Jaguar and Land Rover, to India's Tata Motors for $2.3 billion, about the amount analysts had predicted.

At closing, expected by the end of June following regulatory approvals, Tata will pay Ford the $2.3 billion and Ford will put $600 million into the Jaguar and Land Rover pension funds.

As expected, Ford will continue to supply Jaguar and Land Rover with powertrains, stampings and other components for varying time periods. It also will provide a variety of technologies, including environmental ones. Ford also will continue to provide engineering as well as research and development support, information technology, accounting and other services.

Ford Motor Credit Co. will provide financing for Jaguar and Land Rover dealers and customers during a transitional period, which can vary by market, of up to 12 months, the automaker said.

What this means to you: Jaguar and Land Rover bid tata to Ford. — Michelle Krebs, Senior Editor, Industry
Old 03-26-08, 11:23 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
My wife just accepted a job down in Sarasota, we will now beable to easily afford a new Range Rover Supercharged for her and intend to buy it this fall/winter. We both liked the 06-07 Land Cruisers, but not to fond of the new LC and def. dont like the LX. Besides, the Range is both her and my "dream" suv so why settle? Just my opinion, but we are pretty excited.
You lucky guy !

That is a wonderful area, you will be in the Gulf Coast, hope you both like going to the beach.

During hurricane season PAY ATTENTION to the weather reports.
Old 03-26-08, 12:00 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrott
You lucky guy !

That is a wonderful area, you will be in the Gulf Coast, hope you both like going to the beach.

During hurricane season PAY ATTENTION to the weather reports.
I moved to West Palm Beach for a few years after high-school...so Im well aware of the hurricanes. Hopefully they wont be so bad on the other side of the state though.
Old 04-18-08, 11:10 AM
beachfront
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tigmd99
You do realize that LR image is gonna be tarnished when the sale of LR to an Indian company that specializes in cheap cars becomes public.

IMHO, i would stay away from LR and Jaguar for a long time until it's image is stable. Your resale value will depend on it!
Since this is the 3rd time you have brought this up lets get something straight. TATA is not a company that specializes in cheap cars. TATA Motors is a company that has found a niche selling cheap cars in a market that can only sustain just that. So far so good in terms of a business strategy. The base of this was derived from thier purchase of Daewoo.

TATA Group (which has a division called TATA Engineering, which has a division called TATA motors) is a 30+ billion $ company and one of the largest private companies on earth with somewhere around 300,000 employees. That puts it on a level with the the GE's and the Siemens of the world, TATA is just as diversified as those previous mentioned and are a major player in almost all industries with the base of that being the steel industry where they are one of the top producers in the world.

True, they have not played in the luxury auto market but it is not like they do not have the experience, they own many upscale hotels including a few Ritz Carltons among others.

If you think they are going to cheapen out LR you are sadly mistaken, I look at this purchase as a good thing for LR and foresee things only improving as I am sure they did their due diligence beforehand. I highly doubt LR is moving its operations to India and most will not know a change has been made.

If you have the need/want/desire to enter another market (luxury cars) it is much easier to buy your way in than to reinvent the wheel...This is what they have done.

My concern would be for ford who lost their *** in this venture because they could not perform.

If you are that concerned about an Indian company, go ahead and cancel all your credit cards, send back your laptop and quit buying cars period as many parts are produced and imported over from there ... No more flying either... Boeing is a customer too!

Last edited by beachfront; 04-18-08 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-19-08, 10:00 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by beachfront
Since this is the 3rd time you have brought this up lets get something straight. TATA is not a company that specializes in cheap cars. TATA Motors is a company that has found a niche selling cheap cars in a market that can only sustain just that. So far so good in terms of a business strategy. The base of this was derived from thier purchase of Daewoo.

TATA Group (which has a division called TATA Engineering, which has a division called TATA motors) is a 30+ billion $ company and one of the largest private companies on earth with somewhere around 300,000 employees. That puts it on a level with the the GE's and the Siemens of the world, TATA is just as diversified as those previous mentioned and are a major player in almost all industries with the base of that being the steel industry where they are one of the top producers in the world.

True, they have not played in the luxury auto market but it is not like they do not have the experience, they own many upscale hotels including a few Ritz Carltons among others.

If you think they are going to cheapen out LR you are sadly mistaken, I look at this purchase as a good thing for LR and foresee things only improving as I am sure they did their due diligence beforehand. I highly doubt LR is moving its operations to India and most will not know a change has been made.

If you have the need/want/desire to enter another market (luxury cars) it is much easier to buy your way in than to reinvent the wheel...This is what they have done.

My concern would be for ford who lost their *** in this venture because they could not perform.

If you are that concerned about an Indian company, go ahead and cancel all your credit cards, send back your laptop and quit buying cars period as many parts are produced and imported over from there ... No more flying either... Boeing is a customer too!
A lot of people including myself dont have the time nor care to research the facts but will go off the brand recognition.
While Tata will not cheapen the Land Rover brand, it can be conceived that due to the Tata line of cars and the cost of those cars that it will cheapen the name.
I would say that without the research or being such a Tata fan, the general public would view it that way.
Sort of like if WalMart bought Nordstrom, both amazing companies but the branding and conception of each goes to a different market.
Old 04-19-08, 06:51 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Was the right move for ford to dump the LR brand. Very limited brand and buyers will shift away from these vehicles in the future and for a company like Ford. Dumping the brand allows Ford to get ride of the deadweight of the LR brand. Land Rover will not bring in any extra revenue than it already does so Ford was smart.

For Ford/LR to be a success they would of had to integrate the Ford F150/Expedition lineup of engine, tranny, parts, chassis etc similar to 200 Series/Tundra.
Old 04-20-08, 07:19 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Was the right move for ford to dump the LR brand. Very limited brand and buyers will shift away from these vehicles in the future and for a company like Ford. Dumping the brand allows Ford to get ride of the deadweight of the LR brand. Land Rover will not bring in any extra revenue than it already does so Ford was smart.

For Ford/LR to be a success they would of had to integrate the Ford F150/Expedition lineup of engine, tranny, parts, chassis etc similar to 200 Series/Tundra.
...and that would be enough to drive away any Range Rover lover. Not that one is more reliable that the other but just the fact of the branding...

Quick Reply: Anyone Coming From Range Rover